Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

My Easter Message To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Easter Message To Christians (277 Views)

The Monitor Lizard I Killed For My Easter Celebration (Easter Sunday) / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Easter Message To Christians by hansome01(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2017
As we commemorate the resurrection of our Lord and personal Savior; Jesus Christ, please ponder on these lines:

"Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car."— GK Chesterton

Going to church doesn't guarantee your salvation. What guarantees your salvation as a Christian is the study of God's words, applying it rightly in your daily lifestyle. Telling people about Jesus is not what matters, that is not what evangelism is. True evangelism is people seeing Jesus in you.

If you live in my neighborhood or I know you from somewhere for the wrong reasons and you come to me with the word of God, I will bounce you. Simply because you can't give what you don't have. You can't tell about Jesus when Jesus can't be found in you.

The pharisaical nature of present day Christians is the reason why many people are denouncing Christianity and cross carpeting to other religions or better still accept atheism. We are eager to preach the gospel than to act the gospel. Misplaced priorities!

An extract from Hymar David's day 3 Bible teachings yesterday sums it up :

"We do not go to church to seek God. We go because we have God and we want to worship him together.
Christ doesn't live in churches or the houses and offices of your favorite pastors. He rose for something better than that. He rose to take residence in the hearts of those who seek him."

I pray that God illuminate our minds to understand exactly what he wants from us as Christians.

Selah!
Written by Okebe Philips
https://www.facebook.com/pokebe

(1) (Reply)

An Ignorant Prayer / More Than 160 References In New Testament Alone Warn Of Hell. / How To Be A Man Or Woman Of Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.