Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,873 members, 7,848,546 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

Crime Fighters - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crime Fighters (537 Views)

Exposed-watch Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Meeting With His Fighters-video / Shekau Pleads With Fighters Not To Flee From Battle As Chadians Army Kills Them / 3 Boko Haram Fighters Surrender In Borno, Five Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crime Fighters by Alfreddy: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
As the days unfolds, we see that our environments sometimes isn't as safe as we thought it should be. These is a topic where we get information , discussion and share idea about environmental threats....Save a Soul with information and you end up saving a country.(SOS)
Re: Crime Fighters by Alfreddy: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
CRIME ALERT : Man posts cold-blooded killing on Facebook.

At exactly, 8:07am these morning at UK, (Monday 17 April 2017)
Police are hunting an "armed and dangerous" man who appears to have shot dead a stranger in the street and uploaded it to Facebook.
The suspect, Steve Stephens, is on the run and has claimed to have committed more than a dozen other killings, according to police in Cleveland, Ohio.
The video shows a man pulling over in a car as he says "find me somebody to kill, gonna kill this guy right here. He's an old dude".
He gets out and asks the man: "Do me a favour: can you say Joy Lane?"
"Joy Lane?" he asks.
"Yeah," says the killer. "She's the reason this is about to happen to you." He then asks him how old he is.
Stephens told Mr Godwin: 'She's the reason this is about to happen to you'
The man goes silent for a few seconds, before saying " Look, I don't know anybody by that name" - as he tries to shield himself with a bag.
A gunshot is heard and the camera pans over the pavement to show the man lifeless on the ground with a head wound.
"That mother****** there because of you, Joy," says the killer - who then gets back in his car.
Police have named the victim as Robert Godwin Sr, 74.
The victim's son, Robert Godwin Jr, told Cleveland.com that he father was probably collecting cans when he was killed.
"I haven't watched the video. I haven't even looked at my cellphone or the news," he said. "I don't really want to see it."
The public is being warned not to approach Steve Stephens - who officials say works for a behavioral health agency that supports families and children.
He is described as a black male, 6ft 1ins and 244lbs with a full beard. He is believed to be driving a white Ford Fusion.
Image:Stephens escaped in a white Ford Fusion
Stephens claimed in Facebook posts to have killed at least 14 people, but police said they had not yet found any more victims.
In a news conference, they appealed to him not to hurt anyone else, and to turn himself in.
"There's no need for any further bloodshed," they said.
Police believe he may have left Ohio and warned residents of the surrounding states of Pennsylvania, New York, Indiana and Michigan to be on the lookout.
The video of the killing was up for about three hours before it was removed.
Police initially said Stephens had live streamed the killing on the social network, but Facebook later confirmed the clip had been uploaded.
The company called it a "horrific crime" and said that it worked hard to "keep a safe environment" on the site.
See photos:

(1) (Reply)

5 Dead Including A Child As Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Body Language Between The First Lady And The / Prison Guard In New York Shoots At Her Ex-boyfriend Outside Jail Then Kills Hers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.