Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? (954 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Why Does Getting Hit In The testicles Hurt So Much? (Question People Ask) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by confrenzy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
am still a single adult, but wish to know how it feels like when one is married in respect to the temptation of fornication. i often hear people(especially the religious ones) say if u cant hold your self, then get married. my question now is, does getting married eliminate the temptation of fornication or of wanting to make love outside your marriage? pls i need honest answers from married people especially the men. thanks.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Luvlgenius(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
Every body is unique. What is good for the goose may not work 4 the gander.

Get married first then u can share ur experience with us cool cool
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by mamagee3(f): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
Yes, it does help. tongue
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by geogentle: 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
It takes God (your willingness to allow God take control) to get out of it if you are already into it. Marriage will not stop it automatically. Really, the temptation increases after marriage.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by tallgal(f): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2010
You will still find other people attractive if you are married. Just remember that 'grass is always greener on the other side' and it can cost you more than it is worth!! You already have someone who fulfils 70-90% of your requirements (no one is perfect, neither are you). Don't turn the remaining 10-30% into 70-90%, which is what most people do and end up with problems.

The key is to turn those sexual feelings on your spouse. If you felt 'one-kind' after seeing an attractive person that is not your spouse, come home and give them the best sex of their lives. It will bring you even closer to your spouse and might 'rekindle' the romance that might have been lost.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by omobadan(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2010
Honestly, it's down to the individual. A lot of people might disagree but men are naturally polygamous. Discipline is the only thing you've got. I'm not religious, so I'm not going to take you through that journey about prayers and all that. What I can say is if you're religious, you can do what it's necessary according to your belief, to guide you in your endeavour. Marriage is big deal. You've got to understand that temptation will always arise. Sleeping with the same woman week in week out might not be as exciting as having a couple of girls on the side. But if you have discipline, then you should be alright. I hope.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Nneomaj(f): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
Tallgal,dats a gud one.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Sissy3(f): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
no it doesnt. if that was the case, we would have definitely less cases of married men/women cheating on their spouse.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by harakiri(m): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2010
If the guy is someone who loves "sampling", then it's bound to continue even when he is married.A wedding ring and a bank account draining wedding doesn't guarantee abstinence from cheating.If it's a guy that's one man/woman kinda person, then all the better.It all boils down to discipline though.I'll be married sometime soon and i don't see myself looking outside unless she actually gives me reason to (and believe me. . .they sometimes do)
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Fhemmmy: 2:08am On Jan 05, 2010
Not at all.
If it is in your, it is in you.
But it is one expensive hobby . . . not worth the hassle
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by rerute1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
i honestly think getting married will not quench the desire, it's up to the person involved because marriage is a thing of the heart. your spouse cannot really monitor you. But I think this will help: The Big "grin". Visit www.rerute-blueboy..com
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2010
Yes, it does help, but by the time your wife decides to deprieve you of sex, then the marriage cease to prevent fornication.

Believe me, I'm talking from experience.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Kx: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

The key is to turn those sexual feelings on your spouse.

If ur redirect all the energy and high libiido on "only one person"
u nor go kill person? am just wondering
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by tallgal(f): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
No you won't kill the person because this is an occasional happening.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
tallgal:

No you won't kill the person because this is an occasional happening.

Wont that be your own assumption?
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by tallgal(f): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2010
I'm assuming you REALLY love your spouse and don't want to do anything to hurt them. Will you realistically see a person THAT attractive every day? I don't think so.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Dclique(m): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hell No.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Fhemmmy: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2010
tallgal:

I'm assuming you REALLY love your spouse and don't want to do anything to hurt them. Will you realistically see a person THAT attractive every day? I don't think so.

OK. . . .i guess i misunderstood you, i thought you were talking about, it will be occassionally that you will wanna make love to her.
So i was saying it is an assumption, cos i wanna make love to her on a daily basis tongue
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by tallgal(f): 12:51am On Jan 06, 2010
Men!!!!
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by furlee(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2010
tallgal:

You will still find other people attractive if you are married. Just remember that 'grass is always greener on the other side' and it can cost you more than it is worth!! You already have someone who fulfils 70-90% of your requirements (no one is perfect, neither are you). Don't turn the remaining 10-30% into 70-90%, which is what most people do and end up with problems.

The key is to turn those sexual feelings on your spouse. If you felt 'one-kind' after seeing an attractive person that is not your spouse, come home and give them the best sex of their lives. It will bring you even closer to your spouse and might 'rekindle' the romance that might have been lost.

tallgal:

I appreciate the response above. This is sincere, genuine and straight to the point. My only addition is those who find it difficult to control their "desire" before marriage, which should be faithfully directed to one spouse might find it difficult even after marriage to stay faithful except they learn to ignore "forbidden apples".

As said by tallgal, after marriage you will meet better dressed, always smiling cool guy on day to day basis to whom you will be attracted. Where there is a urge to sample them "TURN TO YOUR SPOUSE FOR RELIEF" or else you become KING SOLOMON in the bible who kept sampling till they reach 1000 wink
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by ravenzord(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2010
No it doesn't, if it did there'd be nothing like adultery. Nothing ever quenches the thirst for fornication, it's character and self control that keeps it in check, U get married, U don't go blind.
Re: Does Getting Married Quench The Desire 4 Fornicating? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2010
It quenches the desire for fornication.
Fornication simply means having sex when not married.

However, it doesn't prevent the desire for most men to sample other women.
Only disciplined men push that desire behind them while the undisciplined one's let it take control of them.

(1) (Reply)

Siblings In Marriage. / How To Manage Anger In Children / Dude Has Been Hoodwinked By His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.