Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,540 members, 7,850,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] (782 Views)

Heartbreaking Last Letter Written By An Iranian Woman Before She Was Hanged / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Act Of War: Iranian "aid" Ships Head For Gaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by ElRazur: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
I saw a couple of links and I thought I should share here with people, hopefully, there will be some sort of debate. Are we about to experience another Iranian revolution and withness the people's power demolish that of the people in power? Or may another flash in the pan?

Warning: Very violent and bloody footage.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=43b_1262044356

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a7_1262224016

Opinions please? Oh I know a lot of people will gladly point fingers at America for "orchestrating" the violence there. Could this be true?
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by TippyTop(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ElRazur
Opinions please? Oh I know a lot of people will gladly point fingers at America for "orchestrating" the violence there. Could this be true?

Are you funding it? Every one knows the US through the CIA channel's money to any opposition ready to sell their country to the highest bidder. Am no fan of Iran and it's revolution but the best the US/UK can do is to remain neutral. I didn't see the Iranians financially supporting John Kerry when G Bush stole the American presidency.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by ElRazur: 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

@ElRazur
Are you funding it? Every one knows the US through the CIA channel's money to any opposition ready to sell their country to the highest bidder. Am no fan of Iran and it's revolution but the best the US/UK can do is to remain neutral. I didn't see the Iranians financially supporting John Kerry when G Bush stole the American presidency.

I think there have been papers released that suggested the CIA did play some part financially just before the last revolution. Or something along those lines, I will see what I can dig up.

Personally, I have no problem if that will see a shift of power from the current Mullahs running the country at this point.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by TippyTop(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
ElRazur:

I think there have been papers released that suggested the CIA did play some part financially just before the last revolution. Or something along those lines, I will see what I can dig up.

Personally, I have no problem if that will see a shift of power from the current Mullahs running the country at this point.

I'd rather they do it themselves. Iranians have a stake in the betterment of their country's future. The only stake the Western world have is for the steady flow of oil. They really don't care about Iranian citizens and you know it. Why didn't America interfere in Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi has been a virtual prisoner for years.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by ElRazur: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

I'd rather they do it themselves. Iranians have a stake in the betterment of their country's future. The only stake the Western world have is for the steady flow of oil. They really don't care about Iranian citizens and you know it. Why didn't America interfere in Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi has been a virtual prisoner for years.

Hence why politics is sometimes referred to as "a dirty game".
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by Tsiya(m): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2010
It seems the $400 million approves by Bush is working.

http://www.france24.com/en/20080701-us-funding-secret-ops-against-iran-us-iran

L ate last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country’s religious leadership. The covert activities involve support of the minority Ahwazi Arab and Baluchi groups and other dissident organizations. They also include gathering intelligence about Iran’s suspected nuclear-weapons program.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/07/080707fa_fact_hersh
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by otawa: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
L ate last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country’s religious leadership. The covert activities involve support of the minority Ahwazi Arab and Baluchi groups and other dissident organizations. They also include gathering intelligence about Iran’s suspected nuclear-weapons program.

Can someone now tell me who is the REAL terrorist?
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by bawomolo(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tsiya:

It seems the $400 million approves by Bush is working.

http://www.france24.com/en/20080701-us-funding-secret-ops-against-iran-us-iran

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/07/080707fa_fact_hersh

here we go again, when all else fails blame the west.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by 4Play(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2010
Tippy Top:

You are a complete fool. Whether the US funds the opposition is besides the point. The most important thing is that their cause is just. Claims that the US is financing the Iranian opposition is a rather idiotic red herring in the face of the sheer evil perpetrated by the Iranian Govt on innocent Iranians

US also funds a disproportionate part of the world's humanitarian aid to refugees, would you now claim that you rather the refugees fed themselves when the reality is that they are unable to? Why spare the Iranian Govt the necessary condemnation they deserve?
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by Mariory(m): 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2010
Tippy Top:

I'd rather they do it themselves.

Are you then trying to suggest those protesters who are dying in Iran are doing it for American dollars? Doesn't make sense.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by TippyTop(m): 1:09am On Jan 08, 2010
@ 4 Play  (aka Id.iot)
4 Play:

You are a complete fool. 

You're a bigger fo.ol if you can't have a civilized debate.

Whether the US funds the opposition is besides the point. The most important thing is that their cause is just.

What of other just causes like  Burma, Zimbabwe,Tibet etc?
I bet the above countries don't have oil for the US consumers and do not directly threaten the US satelite state of Israel.

A di*k head like you could not see the strategic importance of Iran to the US,  cos you're blinded by an embarrassing loyalty to a state that you have no real pedigree in. 
You're a disgrace to your progeny.

@Mariory

I wrote
I'd rather they do it themselves

You replied thus:

Are you then trying to suggest those protesters who are dying in Iran are doing it for American dollars? Doesn't make sense.

Your reply was so way of the mark (I'd still answer it nevertheless).

People protest if they feel an election has been rigged e'g Zimbabwe and
there are protesters dying in Tibet, Gaza etc, I don't see the US showing as much zeal as they do here, do you?

Do yourself a favour visit bawomolo's link and you would better understand what am driving at.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by shotster50(m): 3:04am On Jan 08, 2010
The US as usual is primarily protecting its interests in the middle East. Iran happens to be the strongest opposition to America.They cannot invade Iran in the conventional way so they are resorting to guerilla tactics and fighting by proxy. Many of the so called al queda operatives in Iraq are sponsored by Iran so I honestly dont see why America wont fight dirty too.

America's problem is that for so long they have been messing with everybody that one thinks they had this middle east fiasco coming and even then they had to drag the UK into it too.
Re: Iranian Protest [warning: Not Suitable For Work Or Those Easily Offended] by Mariory(m): 3:31am On Jan 08, 2010
Tippy Top:

@Mariory

I wrote
You replied thus:

Your reply was so way of the mark (I'd still answer it nevertheless).

People protest if they feel an election has been rigged e'g Zimbabwe and
there are protesters dying in Tibet, Gaza etc, I don't see the US showing as much zeal as they do here, do you?

Do yourself a favour visit bawomolo's link and you would better understand what am driving at.

The videos are not the point. I've seen tens of videos of protests and death in Iran. The point is you made a reference to American (CIA) unproven sponsorship in regards to the Iranian crisis. It apeared to me you were trying to infer that the only reason the protests are taking place is because America is passing money to the opposition.

As regards to Tibet, Gaza etc why should America put their money where you want it? If you have money then give to Tibet, Gaza, Zimbabwe, Sudan etc. America will give to who America feels like. Peharps China should give to Gaza? Peharps Russia should give to Tibet?

(1) (Reply)

The Downwards Spiral Of Venezuela? / The Situation In Malawi / After 5 Years, Gilad Shalit Freed In Israeli-palestinian Prisoner Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.