Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business (684 Views)

Meet G.U Okeke: GUO Transportation Business CEO & His Civil War Story / How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria / Some One Guide Me Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business by raphemmanuel(m): 12:16am On Apr 18, 2017
Good day everyone, I am a corper and very soon I will be through with my national youth service.
And I want to go into transportation business, wen am through because from the little I know about it, I sees it as a lucrative business.

Please I will need suggestions from experienced personnels that are in the business.

I just want to buy the mini bus, it could be 14 or 18 sitters and then look for a driver that will be driving it.

My questions is:
How is the agreement between the owner and the driver done based on;

Where the vehicle will be parked(either in the drivers house or owners house)

How returns is been made( either daily or weekly) and how much the driver should be accounting for daily.

I based in abia state, ABA to be precise.

I will be glad to see your suggestions.
Re: Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business by itiswellandwell: 12:23am On Apr 18, 2017
raphemmanuel:
Good day everyone, I am a corper and very soon I will be through with my national youth service.
And I want to go into transportation business, wen am through because from the little I know about it, I sees it as a lucrative business.

Please I will need suggestions from experienced personnels that are in the business.

I just want to buy the mini bus, it could be 14 or 18 sitters and then look for a driver that will be driving it.

My questions is:
How is the agreement between the owner and the driver done based on;

Where the vehicle will be parked(either in the drivers house or owners house)

How returns is been made( either daily or weekly) and how much the driver should be accounting for daily.

I based in abia state, ABA to be precise.

I will be glad to see your suggestions.

Its a good business though but the issue of bad drivers will make it a bad business idea at the end of the day. Its a very lucrative business if only you are ready to drive it yourself if not, you can give it up for hire purchase with a high ranking police whom will be involved for you so as for the driver not to misbehave. You can as well make it a weekly payment in as much as you have an army officer or police whom will instill fear in the driver which will guarantee your weekly returns. Getting a honest driver is the main problem. All the best.
Re: Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business by raphemmanuel(m): 12:27am On Apr 18, 2017
itiswellandwell:

Its a good business though but the issue of bad drivers will make it a bad business idea at the end of the day. Its a very lucrative business if only you are ready to drive it yourself if not, you can give it up for hire purchase with a high ranking police whom will be involved for you so as for the driver not to misbehave. You can as well make it a weekly payment in as much as you have an army officer or police whom will instill fear in the driver which will guarantee your weekly returns. Getting a honest driver is the main problem. All the best.
from your own view how much can I give out the car on hire purchase and what's the duration
Re: Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business by itiswellandwell: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2017
raphemmanuel:
from your own view how much can I give out the car on hire purchase and what's the duration

Go to parks and tell them its not your uncle and not you, you will have an idea from there. All the best.
Re: Pls Guide Me On Transportation Business by Kingharzyz(m): 12:45am On Apr 18, 2017
be careful I lost million in this business although I learned a lot from the failure... make sure you get a tokunbo vehicle in a good condition, involve your lawyer, perfect your documents to avoid lastma nd vio etc, the most difficult part is getting a responsible driver which is hard.
good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Egg Direct From Farm / Let's Keep Nairaland (businesses, Transaction & Investments) SAFE & SECURED / Opportunity To Own Your Own House In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.