Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. (793 Views)

Neatly Used Mazda Xedos, V6 Engine Clean. Fee reasonable and Negotiable / SIENNA And Other EXPERTS Pls ADVISE On Opel Astras And Vectras 97 And 98 Models / 2007 Camry Se With V6 Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by seal777(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2010
There have been so much horror when I see cars on the road with v6 engine cos the mechanics keep complaining that its not a good car experience.

I have taken 3 different mechanics to check up v6 cars (toyota camry 99, honda accord 01 and acura legend) and suprising to me their comments are all the same on those v6 engine cars, all encouraged me to get a v4 instead.

My curiosity aroused when i saw a v8 engine jeep and wonder why someone will buy it when v6 engine is bad as they say.

Please the experts in the house, share your knowledge with me cos i have an offer for a v6 honda accord 01 at hand and dont want to take the risk if indeed v6 engines are bad.

THANKS
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by diehard1: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2010
have been driving V6 engine car for sometime and no issues ph.d. Only thing is that it consumes a little more than 4 cylinder car. I just think they don't have the expertise for V6 the way they have for 4 cylinder cars. Go ahead and buy your accord. It's a nice car whether V6 or I4. Just do routine maintenance and it will last.
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by bigfather(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2010
There is nothing wrong with a V6 engine, though i had my own fears for V6 engines initially but i can bet you that once you start driving, you can't stop .
Just go ahead and pick the camry. smiley
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by jerryland: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2010
I had my fears for V6 engines too, but no more. The I4's are relatively economical in gas, but the drive of a V6 is no where that of the I4 engines.
Most mechanics dont want to have the patience to study and know the welwithal of the V6 engines and hence the myrth. Epecially on highways the V6 really brings out the driving exp.

You just need to have a good maintenance culture for your Car, read more, study your car, know what your mechanic does, And you are good to go,

I prefare the camry though!
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by Walency(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2010
I was like that until I started using a V6.I can never use anything less again.
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2010
Nigerian mechanics are inexperienced with the workings of a V6 / V8, and from all accounts, are unwilling to learn

I personally prefer engines with more than the regular 4 cylinders (I4, not V4). I currently run an Audi A4 4,2L V8 32V quattro, and would never go back to an I4 motor.
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by ib612(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
@Poster:

There's nothing wrong at all with a V6 engine. Infact, they're better on 9ja roads. The only thing is that they consume more fuel.

Remember some years back, when this 9ja mechanic discouraged everyone from buying an automatic cars. What do you see more on the road now? Automatic cars.

They are just been lazy and are not versatile.

Now we have electronics, hybrid cars, let's see how they'll handle that.
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by calabaman(m): 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
dnt mind the inexperienced mechanics@poster, The advantages of havin a v6 is that extra horsepower you have unda hood, Superb power to hav in an suv, The dwnside is gas consumption,  A trip in a v6 from racecourse cms- ajah will cost u about N1200 fuel(without a/c) as against N400 in a v4, If u ave got the money go for it, I service my v6 in a reliable fillin station in ikoyi@ very affordable rates,  Cheers
Re: Nl Experts, Pls Whats The Fear In V6 Engine?. by bameyi(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
hey i drive a v6 presently and had not have any problem with it just like they say do you routine maintenance and you will enjoy that baby, v6 have more horse power but have some money for fuel too. good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Another Passat Car For Sale At A Give Away Price / Want To Know How Much Ford Expendition 2003 -2004 Cost To Buy It / RE: Clean And Lagos Cleared Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.