Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,040 members, 7,845,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. (819 Views)

Joshua Iginla’s World Record N10 Billion 80,000 Auditorium Nears Completion / PHCN Hand Over: I Have Not Seen Any Effect / Speaker Bankole Spent N10 Billion Bank Loan On Gbemi Saraki And Ini Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
…Stay out of it, Military warns

Security reports obtained by pointblanknews.com have revealed that some notable politicians said to be close to the ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua may have approached some top military personnel with a whooping N10 Billion to take over power and subsequently hand over to them after six months.

An unnamed State Governor has declared readiness to provide the fund which they hope would be used to execute the project and launch a strong propaganda machinery to douse the aftermath effect, the report stated.

This is just as the Nigerian military through the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Dambazau warned rank and file of the military to stay clear of the political impasses in Nigeria as they can only be resolved by the constitution.

According to Dambazau “Whatever political disputes that may exist in our society, like they exist in all human society, they are best settled through constitutional means. Please the military should be left out of this.”

However, Pointblanknews.com gathered from a security report that in the last two weeks some highly placed politicians have been meeting to with some top military officials to fine tune the possibility of a military strike that would see the military taking over for six months.

Sources also hinted that Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan is aware of the plot against him and his administration but is heavily depending on the constitution which empowers him to take over in the event the President is incapacitated due to ill health.

The plots according to the report includes but not limited to scrapping of all the political parties, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the Legislative arm, assassinating some selected politicians and abolishing of the 1999 constitution.

The meeting is said to have been held once in Saudi Arabia and severally in Dubai and later in Nigeria within the last three weeks.

The report indicated that the reason behind the continuous delay in Vice-President Jonathan assuming the leadership of the country is largely as a result of the group’s pressure to give the ailing President more time to recover.

Sources hinted that the group is largely aware that the President can no longer make it to the presidency even if he is well and discharged from the Saudi Hospital.

According to the report, the meeting was spearheaded by politicians who are said to have vehemently refused to allow Vice-President Jonathan take over as prescribed by the 1999 constitution.

National Security Adviser, General Sarki Mukhtar, Governor Bukola Saraki of Kwara State, Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa, James Ibori, Minister of Agriculture, Abba Ruma, Yar’adua’s Chief Economic Adviser, Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi, Yar’adua’s younger brother, Lieutenant Colonel Audu Yar’adua an Assistant Director of Logistics of the Nigerian Army, Chief Security Officer (CSO) to President Yar’Adua, Yusuf Tilde are among those strongly opposed to Goodluck Jonathan Presidency and have all been linked to the plot.

Section 144 (1) of the Nigerian constitution states that the president ceases to hold office if by a resolution passed by two-third majority of all the members of the executive council of the federation, the president or the vice-president is declared to be incapable of discharging his functions and that declaration is verified by a medical panel of five doctors including his personal physician.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2641.html
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
later someone like kobojunkie will come to tell me that the southerners should learn to blame themselves not the northerners. I keep on wondering if Nigeria was without the north what good would that has brought the rest.
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by skfa1: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2010
God pass everybody o .

I still thank God till today say man no be God.
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by harakiri(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ranks007:

later someone like kobojunkie will come to tell me that the southerners should learn to blame themselves not the northerners. I keep on wondering if Nigeria was without the north what good would that has brought the rest.

I have had a few close shaves with kobojunkie and she is right about what's she saying.Maybe it's the blunt way she puts across that stirs up misgivings about her take on our political structure. This country has more positive minded politicians in the south than in the north. With all their fraudulent census to get more money, do you see how wretched their people are? The thing with the south is they aren't' willing to come to a compromise with themselves and they would rather have some cattle rearer lording it over them than come together as one and move this nation forward.If the northerners were the ones who had the oil wells, there would have been no such thing as the 1960 independence and even if that had happened, a civil strife would have followed leading to a break up.In other words, there would be no existing nigeria if the south had no resources.

Look at the Jonathan good luck saga.In every normal country, Jonathan would have been president by now but in Nigeria what do we see?The north were first making statements that "no one had the right to call for the resignation of the president" and from there, they started lobbying for another northern candidate to replace Yar Adua.Imagine that! They even put IBB as one of their choice replacements.This can only happen in Nigeria.The only reason they have "promoted" Jonathan to the post of "Acting president" is because of the threats from MEND concerning the oil.MEND had issued a threat that one litre of oil won't leave the shores of Nigeria if Yar Adua isn't made president.Therefore, it is very clear that all the north cares about is the oil and what keeps baffling me is that the dummy politicians in the south still don't get it.All they care about is fighting for supremacy amongst themselves and seeking counsel from the FOREIGNERS in the north.The southerners should be the one calling the shots in this country NOT the abokis.

When will we learn.

Nuff said!
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by harakiri(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
^^^^

I made an error above :

MEND had issued a threat that one litre of oil won't leave the shores of Nigeria if Yar Adua [/b]isn't made president.

=====>

MEND has issued a threat that one litre of oil won't leave the shores of Nigeria if [b]Jonathan
isn't made president.
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by harakiri(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2010
Murtala Mohammed in a seminar gave a lecture to the northerners emphasizing that if they intended holding on to the reins of power in this country, they should put their differences aside and stick together in one accord and speak with one voice (i'll look up the source for the "overly inquisitive NL users).He was referring to the petty squabbles between the Fulani and Hausa "elite".The only reason why the "northern elite" have dominion over southerners is because THEY TALK WITH ONE VOICE.They are politically united and better yet, they are Islamic.

If the west, east and perhaps some middle belters could come together in one accord, there would be no such thing as "NORTHERN ELITE".What makes them elite by the way?Who made them elite?Is it the looted funds that "elited" them?Even with the poor educational facilities in the south, the Southerners still come tops when it comes to education.How many northerners are doctors overseas?How many northern lawyers are in the western hemisphere?The only kids you see studying abroad are children of the elite e.g Umar Farouck Muttalab who lived in a 4 million pound RENTED apartment.

All the northerners care about is the oil money.If oil becomes obsolete/worthless tomorrow, you will see untold fracas in the north.The abokis will start slaughtering southerners all in the name of Allah.They will start calling for sovereignty since we the south have nothing more to offer.

When will we ever learn!
Re: Politicians Woo Military With N10 Billion To Take Over: I Am So Boiled. by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2010
I believe you ^^^^ harakiri, and thats is why I think something has to be done. In due course!!! If the generation of our fathers messed up, lo and behold mine won't. I, in particular won't fail. I do not know about you?

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale Apple I-phone 3gs 32gb /blackberry Bold 2 Unlocked @ Moderate Price! / Blackberry Addiction, Ban From Classrooms And Offices. / Fifa Why (samuel Eto)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.