Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,472 members, 7,861,369 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter (11041 Views)

18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb / How Dangote Will Rescue Nigeria / Dangote set to become largest rice exporter by 2021, says ADB President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter by Deilluminator(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
This man should be caution because this will cause another price problem and scarcity in the country. I just hope that before then, we can produce more than we can consume.
Re: Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter by proffc: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I disagree with parts of your conclusion.

It is actually efficient, farsighted and knowledgeable government regulation that grows economies . Examples of successful and highly regulated economies are USA, GB, Australia, the EU, China. All economies in the world with weak regulation are poor.

Rockefeller and the early 'robber barons' of 19th century America grew large businesses alright but also did a lot through their monopolies to destroy competitors and set back innovation in America by decades.
This was why at the earliest opportunity, the monopolies they created were dismantled by government.

Dangote is the Rockefeller of Nigeria. He runs monopolies and uses the power of government to further his business.

If you study his antecedents in the 80's and 90's, his scrapes with the NSE, how he runs his business now paying peanuts and employing Indians over Nigerians, etc you will come to realize he is not as spotless as he looks.

I haven't said Dangote is spotless - far from it, Infact, who amongst us can claim to be? You also inadvertently confirmed my point about Govt. being regulators meaning we said the same thing in a different way.

In all, you made a good point. I just hope you're not prejudiced against Dangote. Business isn't for the faint hearted you know wink
Re: Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter by petermichaels(m): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
How won't he be when d president is strongly making him the only importer of rice to Nigeria. We dey look na. Sidon look Dem say na cat name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Closes The Last Concentrate Factory In Nigeria / Fidelity Bank Doles Out N16m To 13 Customers (PHOTOS) / FG Grants Energy Firms N20bn Waivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.