Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) (47225 Views)

Ore Falomo Is Dead / Falomo: I Used Abiola's Money To Send The Health Minister To School Abroad / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
According to these clueless Igbos, qualified Nigerians in the UK and America shouldn't be given jobs because they look black and are Nigerians.

You people are so mentally racist and backward.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ba7man(m): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
ninetiethcrown7:

how about if the homeless had their homes and land taken from them due to economic and infrastructural development without due compensation, where should they go to from there. (Dont forget as how lagos is a city to most of us it is also a state/village to others)
Their land? Who sold land to them and do they have proof of ownership?

Compensation? How much do you think a shanty costs to errect?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by RosaConsidine: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Fashola planted flowers. Ambode beautifying under-bridges.

Itesiwaju se koko but the less privileged and those rendered homeless by government demolition policies shouldn't be forgotten.

Even in the US and UK, there are homeless people. It's not a purely Nigerian phenomenon.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by afoltundeseun(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ten12:
Any time u hear about Lagos in dis administration it must be about bridge...haba
thats because they are BRIDGING the gap

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ehiscotch:
I'm sure you haven't lived in Lagos or urban areas. Bridges are a major infrastructure & for Lagos the transport sector is a key aspect.
Lagos has a dense population & if you have lived in Lagos you'd know that most of the workers spend an high percentage of their wage on transport alone courtesy of bad roads & poor transport network.
If Ambode can get the transport sector booming then Lagos my friend would be a mile ahead of Nigeria itself.
Ow is d beautification off the road gonna help transport sector? Will it make d bridge stronger?
Will it reduce d price of transport fare?
Please enlighten me,am confused.no malice intended please.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ladikpe: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

All these people you are calling "Homeless" actually have villages and hometowns where they could live much better lives than sleeping under the bridge and living on floating slums with no bathrooms or toilets.
Nigerians still don't understand that living in a city has its downsides and is much more stressful than the serene environment and lifestyle of the countryside... no be by force to live for city o.

Well, you just said all of that, because I believe you have not really experienced hardship or poverty, you have never lived in swarm, and you have never been kicked out of your home, you just viewed life from only one perspective...Eko oni baje, if a country/city/town/village is developing and the people in it are not doing the same, then there is need for us to go back to our drawing board and reconstruct our ideals for the benefit of the people. One Government one people one voice.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by TheStronghold: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:
i don't think so! she can live in nigeria for 100 years If she like, she is still a white woman! wether you agree or not
and? Because she's white she can't paint anything?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Ehiscotch(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gbemishile1:

Ow is d beautification off the road gonna help transport sector? Will it make d bridge stronger?
I was replying someone's else's post. Not the main thread.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by bellabello(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
I was There
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by TheStronghold: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gbemishile1:

Just because you live in a trash can doesn't mean we all want to. I love this beautification project.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheStronghold:
and? Because she's white she can't paint anything?
can a nigerian not do that painting?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ba7man(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gbemishile1:

ohh....they should leave it dirty?

The effect is psychological on the populace.

Try spending your time in a dirty toilet, then in a clean one to know the effect.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ventilation: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
moscobabs:
Falomo bridge where My Uncle Tunji Ogunkanmi (First MD/CEO Cornerstone Insurance PLC) lost his life.

I cry any day I drive on this bridge.

RIP Uncle Tj
Omo Ile ogbo nie ni?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:
can a nigerian not do that painting?

All you racist people sef.

The woman doing the painting is a tax paying and law abiding Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
`

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ba7man(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
ladikpe:

Well, you just said all of that, because I believe you have not really experienced hardship or poverty, you have never lived in swarm, and you have never been kicked out of your home, you just viewed life from only one perspective...Eko oni baje, if a country/city/town/village is developing and the people in it are not doing the same, then there is need for us to go back to our drawing board and reconstruct our ideals for the benefit of the people. One Government one people one voice.
house rent in a lot of these towns they come from is N1500 per month.

Why pay more to rent a shanty in Lagos?

Why not start an animal farm up there and bring your produce down to the cities to sell.

You'll live very comfortably without setting foot in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:

All you racist people sef.

The woman doing the painting is a tax paying and law abiding Nigerian.
you didn't Answer the question, again why couldn't a nigerian do that job?

as for calling me a racist if only you know me personally grin
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:

as for calling me a racist if only you know me personally

Do I really have to know you just to conclude that you are a racist peddling racist comments.

I answered your question, you are just too ignorant and racist to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:

Do I really have to know you just to conclude that you are a racist peddling racist comments.

I answered your question, you are just too ignorant and racist to comprehend.

well..No! you haven't Answered my question, you Adopted a convenient position calling people you have never met racist, you must be a white folk then because for a nigerian to label another black man like himself racist sounds bizarre perhaps it's to do with your inferiority grin do you even know what racist or racism means?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
ventilation:
Omo Ile ogbo nie ni?

yes ...Omo ile Igbo ijaye Egan Omo arepo ponda ni mi
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by TheStronghold: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:

Well she's painting it. And can't you see other Nigerians working on it in the bottom left at the last picture? There are other people working on this, my just her. And as someone stated already. She's a Nigerian, married to a Nigerian, and will have Nigerian children. So what is your problem?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheStronghold:

Well she's painting it. And can't you see other Nigerians working on it in the bottom left at the last picture? There are other people working on this, my just her. And as someone stated already. She's a Nigerian, married to a Nigerian, and will have Nigerian children. So what is your problem?
i have no problem, I am also married to a white woman and have 2 mixed raced children i was only wondering why Nigerian talents couldn't be developed. that's all, grin does that make me racist? ciao!
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:
well..No! you haven't Answered my question, you Adopted a convenient position calling people you have never met racist, you must be a white folk then because for a nigerian to label another black man like himself racist sounds bizarre perhaps it's to do with your inferiority grin do you even know what racist or racism means?

When you make racist comments, you are basically a racist.

When you initially asked if a Nigerian can not do the job, you've ignorantly and automatically concluded that she's not a Nigerian just because of the color of her skin. That was a racist conclusion and judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:
i have no problem, I am also married to a white woman and have 2 mixed raced children of was only wondering why Nigerian talents couldn't be developed. that's all, grin does that make me racist? ciao!

You are not a racist, but you automatically judged that she's not a Nigerian because of the color of her skin?

Racists number 1 defense is always I have black friends, my wife or husband is black or white.

It makes no difference, that was a racist comment regardless who or what you are married to.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:

When you make racist comments, you are basically a racist.

When you initially asked if a Nigerian can not do the job, you've ignorantly and automatically concluded that she's not a Nigerian just because of the color of her skin. That was a racist conclusion and judgement.

Wow! I must have hurt your feelings grin one can not even have an opinion without being called a racist, just like white people have always complained about black people ironically.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:

You are not a racist, but you automatically judged that she's not a Nigerian because of the color of her skin?

Racists number 1 defense is always I have black friends, my wife or husband is black or white.

It makes no difference, that was a racist comment regardless who or what you are married to.
i don't like white people but i am marrried to one of them, you have no clue what racist or racism means so I am going let you wallow in Adamant ignorance grin i think like i ve mentioned earlier the problem is your inferiority until you get that sorted you will always assume every one is racist. especially people who do not agree with your sentiments. you have also been judging me too ( in your own words), hypocritical or what? grin
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by 4everGrand(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ten12:

If the amount you spend in building bridges does not equal the amount you spend on education and energy....you ve just been doing beautiful nonsense

Guy, if u dont have anything worthwhile to contribute, let other people hia word, ok!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:
Wow! I must have hurt your feelings grin one can not even have an opinion without being called a racist, just like white people have always complained about black people ironically.

You are free to have an opinion, but it still doesn't mean your comment wasn't racist.

The woman is not a nobody, she married a Nigerian and notable Lagosian from the Alakija family, she's also a member of the Lagos state Board of Arts & Culture.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
[s]
gypsey:
i don't like white people but i am marrried to one of them, you have no clue what racist or racism means so I am going let you wallow in Adamant ignorance grin i think like i ve mentioned earlier the problem is your inferiority until you get that sorted you will always assume every one is racist. especially people who do not agree with your sentiments. you have also been judging me too ( in your own words), hypocritical or what? grin
[/s]

When you judge people based on the color of their skin, you are a racist.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:
[s][/s]

When you judge people based on the color of their skin, you are a racist.
keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better grin but I doubt it will until you get off your self acclaimed moral high horse.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ventilation: 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
moscobabs:

yes ...Omo ile Igbo ijaye Egan Omo arepo ponda ni mi
Ara ile wa'ja, omo ore ti won kii fi b'ore, my mom still talks about the Ogunkanmi's and this guy particularly, I remember our cornerstone key holder too, may his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by dejilg(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
gypsey:

actually those calling u racist are wrong just as about as it is inappropriate for u to ask us why it wasn't awarded to a nigerian.

1. the government cud have actually called for several ppl who can undertake the task and she comes top. do u want them to say no cos her skin color is different?

2. what if she is undertaking that task for almost free cos she just love doing that? do u expect the government to turn her down?

3. are u sure there aren't others doing the same elsewhere?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTOS: APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Ekiti, Man Shot / Post-Election: "I See Death Of 'Great' Politician In Nigeria" - TB Joshua / Nnamdi Kanu & His Wife Visit His Lawyer, Ejiofor In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.