Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Whistle Blowers- The Policy That Makes Someone Rich Overnight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle Blowers- The Policy That Makes Someone Rich Overnight (433 Views)

Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / Senate Passes Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2017 / FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whistle Blowers- The Policy That Makes Someone Rich Overnight by mekusboy4all(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
I know some will wonder why the federal government made the whistle blower policy. Me thinks that it is only those who are close to those political criminals that loots public finds that can expose their hidden secrets. In my tribe/state our elders use to say that a "thief cannot rob your home without the assistance of someone close to you". If really someone in the buhari administration thought about this, presented it and passed the policy then it is a welcomed idea. That's a way of checkmating ourselves to avoid corrupt practices.

However, I have wondered if this policy will really continue to tell us who took public funds in the near future because, I trust my Nigerian folks a lot. Someone is somewhere planing how to create a means to boycott this idea in order to go free. This policy made it known that anyone (whistle blower) who reports someone who stole public funds will be given 5% of the money. Wow! Now imagine reporting a political criminal who stole 1 billion naira! and packed this cash in his/her fridge. You will receive the sum of 50 million Naira for reporting such act. Hope you are not thinking what am thinking. If this policy will keep us in check the it is a welcomed idea. Thanks
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Whistle Blowers- The Policy That Makes Someone Rich Overnight by oyinkinola: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
mekusboy4all:
I know some will wonder why the federal government made the whistle blower policy. Me thinks that it is only those who are close to those political criminals that loots public finds that can expose their hidden secrets. In my tribe/state our elders use to say that a "thief cannot rob your home without the assistance of someone close to you". If really someone in the buhari administration thought about this, presented it and passed the policy then it is a welcomed idea. That's a way of checkmating ourselves to avoid corrupt practices.

However, I have wondered if this policy will really continue to tell us who took public funds in the near future because, I trust my Nigerian folks a lot. Someone is somewhere planing how to create a means to boycott this idea in order to go free. This policy made it known that anyone (whistle blower) who reports someone who stole public funds will be given 5% of the money. Wow! Now imagine reporting a political criminal who stole 1 billion naira! and packed this cash in his/her fridge. You will receive the sum of 50 million Naira for reporting such act. Hope you are not thinking what am thinking. If this policy will keep us in check the it is a welcomed idea. Thanks
cc: lalasticlala
...op the policy will continue working!
why?
Nowadays people were greedy and stupid of money!
No one of them never think a human knowledge would break into their hide out!
also nowadays every one never satisfy of any mount he earn, if a looter give half of his ill-gotten to wiste blower he will ask for more and atlast blow the wistle!
it's only God and the suffrance of poor that catch them!
If you realise since we killed the extended famiy and adopt the nucear family that we've adopted greedyness along!
it's the end of looters!
even your own children or your wife will blow wistle against you!
watch out!
its just the beginning!
Oyinkinola

1 Like

Re: Whistle Blowers- The Policy That Makes Someone Rich Overnight by Jabioro: 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
You can't do alone, no matter how smart you are.. you must have accomplice to assist you do one or two things from there leakages have begun ..

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Suspends His SGF And DG Of National Intelligence / Northern Nigeria Mass Murderer Gang / All Ye Forces Of Nature, Arise And Crown Me The President!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.