Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why You Hate PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why You Hate PHP (1625 Views)

Why Developers Hate PHP / Do You Hate Programming? Check In To Know How You Can Like It / They "Hate" PHP, Yet PHP Job Is All Their Hope - Noise Making Amateurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Hate PHP by olamil34(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
there programmers please state the reason why you hate php
Re: Why You Hate PHP by stack1(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2017
olamil34:

Who says we hate it?
Re: Why You Hate PHP by pseudonomer: 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
stack1:

Who says we hate it?

I HATE IT. I do Java and Python.
Re: Why You Hate PHP by xample(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love PHP
Re: Why You Hate PHP by stack1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
pseudonomer:

I HATE IT. I do Java and Python.

Lol good for you..
import java.myass

cool tongue

Python is cool tho

...Nice Signature
Re: Why You Hate PHP by trytillmake(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
olamil34:

"Dear" not "there": now Oga wat are yr reasons for hating PHP, even though i do java,c#, i still give kudos to php now an OOP language, used to build most of the worlds widely used frameworks and CMS.

My brother state yr reasons, PHP will always remain dear to me cause i started with it, learnt programming basics with it, even had to go learn some frameworks (laravel) to update myself.
Re: Why You Hate PHP by michaelwilli(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Only rookies do language war. I love every language as long as it does d job.
I used to hate lisp, until i had an orgasm using clojure.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Hate PHP by adenijiayo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
michaelwilli:
Only rookies do language war. I love every language as long as it does d job.
I used to hate lisp, until i had an orgasm using clojure.
Bro, you just made my day. No professional will engage in language wars because they know that all programming languages have their weaknesses and strengths. Most of these rookies just echo whatever their teacher told them or what they read somewhere about why PHP is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Hate PHP by NIITKADUNA: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2017
Php is a good programming language
Re: Why You Hate PHP by olamil34(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2017
trytillmake:

"Dear" not "there": now Oga wat are yr reasons for hating PHP, even though i do java,c#, i still give kudos to php now an OOP language, used to build most of the worlds widely used frameworks and CMS.

My brother state yr reasons, PHP will always remain dear to me cause i started with it, learnt programming basics with it, even had to go learn some frameworks (laravel) to update myself.
sorry about the typo
Re: Why You Hate PHP by michaelwilli(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
adenijiayo:
Bro, you just made my day. No professional will engage in language wars because they know that all programming languages have their weaknesses and strengths. Most of these rookies just echo whatever their teacher told them or what they read somewhere about why PHP is bad.
Like one random blog post or the other.
I'm not a geek yet but I've learnt to use whatever works for you and to avoid unnecessary complexity.
Re: Why You Hate PHP by pseudonomer: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
adenijiayo:

I don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.... just personal preference... Just like me hating Pepsi, but loving coca-cola. I hate tea, but I love coffee... It doesn't mean the other is bad.

But why do PHP Programmers usually respect Java Programmers? Just like when I tell people I studied Mathematics, and they will be like bravo... But It doesn't mean Mathematics is better than Accounting... But it means they've took courses in Mathematics which required extra work to pass, so for you to be doing good in Mathematics shows you are brilliant which implies that some of the PHP developers have tried Java, and they felt you have to be very good in be good in it.

I have an instance during my intern, there is just one Java developer in the whole office(shared office of about 6 companies) the rest are mostly PHP developers, if you see the kind of respect they usually show this guy.... you will envy him.

1 Like

Re: Why You Hate PHP by adenijiayo(m): 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
pseudonomer:

I don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.... just personal preference... Just like me hating Pepsi, but loving coca-cola. I hate tea, but I love coffee... It doesn't mean the other is bad.

But why do PHP Programmers usually respect Java Programmers? Just like when I tell people I studied Mathematics, and they will be like bravo... But It doesn't mean Mathematics is better than Accounting... But it means they've took courses in Mathematics which required extra work to pass, so for you to be doing good in Mathematics shows you are brilliant which implies that some of the PHP developers have tried Java, and they felt you have to be very good in be good in it.

I have an instance during my intern, there is just one Java developer in the whole office(shared office of about 6 companies) the rest are mostly PHP developers, if you see the kind of respect they usually show this guy.... you will envy him.

I think it's because of the amount of stuff you can do as a Java programmer, just ńame it, apps, softwares etc. And once you know Java, it will be easy to move to dynamically typed languages like PHP. And the Oop implementation of Java is pretty solid too.
Re: Why You Hate PHP by adenijiayo(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
michaelwilli:

Like one random blog post or the other.
I'm not a geek yet but I've learnt to use whatever works for you and to avoid unnecessary complexity.
That's just the koko, pick a language, know it strengths and weaknesses. And know your tools too
Re: Why You Hate PHP by pseudonomer: 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
adenijiayo:
I think it's because of the amount of stuff you can do as a Java programmer, just ńame it, apps, softwares etc. And once you know Java, it will be easy to move to dynamically typed languages like PHP. And the Oop implementation of Java is pretty solid too.

Yea... You are absolutely right

(1) (Reply)

Remote Software Developer Jobs / Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project / Programming Projects/assignments: Get Your Code...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.