Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna (2068 Views)

Fayose Browsing At College Of Education E-library, Ekiti (Photo) / Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Ejarune(m): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2007
It really baffles me to see the way decisions are taken in the country. In an article I read on the PTDF fund. It was to be used also to start up a College of Petroleum Technology in Kaduna. I don't see for any reason why the federal Government would want to site a Petroleum Institute in the North. It is quite clear that the Oil Producing States of Nigeria are been denied to a very great extent what is theirs. If the government is to site a Petroleum institute of any kind it is very logical to site it, in the Oil producing states of the country. Our leaders should be very careful in the kind of decisions they take. lets remove the politics and face the reality of moving our nation forward. The Militants in the south south may not actually be fighting because they love their people but the government only give them reasons to cover for their selfish needs.
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by ishmael(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2007
Whatz the big deal there?? Where were you when a giant oil Refinery was built in kaduna??
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Seun(m): 11:00am On Jan 25, 2007
Maybe it's because they don't want their lecturers and students to be kidnapped by militants? undecided
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Ejarune(m): 11:06am On Jan 25, 2007
Seun:

Maybe it's because they don't want their lecturers and students to be kidnapped by militants? undecided

maybe after the training they will remain in kaduna a drill oil. grin grin
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by lewa(m): 1:55am On Jan 26, 2007
The same thing i have been saying since!Do you know how many colleges in Nigeria that have Departments of Chemical Engineering/Petroleum Engineering?So why another enterprise in Kaduna?What of PTI in Warri?This Government lacks focus,insensitive to the plight of its people and generally misdirected!Waste of hard earned resources!
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by McKren(m): 2:13am On Jan 26, 2007
Seun:

absolute spot on
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 26, 2007
Seun:

Utter nonsense! It is the stupidity of this government that has led to the situation of millitants in the Niger Delta!

lewa:

The same thing i have been saying since!Do you know how many colleges in Nigeria that have Departments of Chemical Engineering/Petroleum Engineering?So why another enterprise in Kaduna?What of PTI in Warri?This Government lacks focus,insensitive to the plight of its people and generally misdirected!Waste of hard earned resources!

Once again spot on! It is only in Nigeria that refineries are built in the desert and we spend more than enough money to build 2 refineries building oil pipelines to pump crude from oil wells into the desert. Is it not this same govt that built a dry port in Kano?

Welcome to Nigeria, to sneeze now is by politics! You must sneeze in all geopolitical zones before you can sneeze in your house!
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by ishmael(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2007
Davidylan, you are too sentimental. what is wrong in building a dry port in the north?? What is wrong in building pipelines and refineries in the north?? This is Nigeria and the government can do anything they want, stop insulting our goverment please. Come back to the country and be part of the government so that you can advice them best on what to do since all of them lack focus. i bet you, you cannot win to become councillor in your village ward.
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by ono(m): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2007
Every evil machinations against the people of the Niger Delta will be ''shut down''.
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by LoverBwoy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2007
ono:

Please give the source of your information.

But if this is true, then the militants will take their battle to the North. These people should not forget that the Kaduna refinery is currently shut down. Every evil machinations against the people of the Niger Delta will be ''shut down''.

I dont really think so, the militants are not going to fight in the north theres no money there, nobody to kidnap for ransome, its one thing fighting a just cause and getting some sort of result; its quite another to fight for money killing your own people and not getting anywhere

oh yea a dry port is a dry port duh!!
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2007
ishmael:

Davidylan, you are too sentimental. what is wrong in building a dry port in the north?? What is wrong in building pipelines and refineries in the north?? This is Nigeria and the government can do anything they want, stop insulting our goverment please. Come back to the country and be part of the government so that you can advice them best on what to do since all of them lack focus. i bet you, you cannot win to become councillor in your village ward.

There is EVERYTHING wrong with building a refinery in Kaduna when the ones in PH are non-functional! There is everything wrong with building pipelines to take crude oil from PH to Kaduna when the cost of building the pipelines alone is enough to build a small refinery in Delta state where Crude oil is actually drilled!
This is Nigeria where even the making of toothpicks is politicised!
Of course how can i win a councillorship election in my ward? Everything is by money, geopolitical zone and god fathers!

LoverBwoy:

oh yea a dry port is a dry port duh!!

Dont be ridiculous! Do you know the cost of transporting containers to that dry port is enough to revamp our dilapidated seaports?
Re: College Of Petroleum Technology Kaduna by Pain(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2007
Welcome To Nigeria.

The Land Of Blunders. Ive always posited that our bane is Leadership.

We sincerely Lack Direction. God Help Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Promises 2 New Palm Plantations / The Best Political Party In Nigeria. / Extra-dimensional Beings In Mexico (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.