Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Living In Ghana, My Experience. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Ghana, My Experience. (63023 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by SIRTee15: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
dsultry:
Am presently in ghana, been here since 2015,,,, and i would rather starve than eat soup or ghana rice,,, first it has this offensive smell and taste horrible..some find it delicious dou but this *my own personal experience so please no insult* .. i was forced to locate all the nigeria shop and resturants,,, even where u can eat correct fresh fish banga soup with starch .
Ghana is like every normal african country if u ask me,,, just that the crime rate here is less, they have good vacation places and the light is steady. Apart from this , ghana is no different from nigeria...

It's no different in what way....
Can u please expatiate
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by plantae(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Alhajikinky:
I'm currently in kumasi too nd i'm tellin u, i've seen worse,, op holla me sha if u stil de @0545212075

I'm also in Kumasi, bro.
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
JiggamanGh:

Maybe he's nigerian. Most black Americans have nigerian ancestry. Most nigerians b have like black Americans and have the same attitude.

i respect Ghanaian's for putting Caribbean's in their place

but tell me where you guys got that thuggish attitude from
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by plantae(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
dedons:
This is how majority of the girls in Kumasi look like.

Bros! It seems you haven't seen Ghanaian women properly. Come to KNUST and see girls with big YANSH. Ghanaian ladies get YANSH, at least from what I have seen of them on campus.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by iamord(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
onila:

everyone loves Nigerians
Ghana is the most hated country in Africa
sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by RaptorX: 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
PetroDolla7:
Fuckeduppedness! why are MUMUgerians complaining about Ghana? grin These mudder fuggerz are truly phucked! grin Did any one force any Shitnigerian to come to Ghana? grin Or is it Ghana's fault that Shitnigeria is a zoo and truly phucked and in recession? grin If you don't like Ghana pack your damn fvcking bags and go back to your pathetic zoo.

Do you know the number of calls I get each day in Accra from desperate Shitnigerians wishing to relocate to Ghana? embarassed grin grin

The OP is a damn fvcking fool! We know what you feulish Shitnigerians think about our dear country Ghana grin grin grin despite everything you say, you people are arriving in Ghana like pilgrims going to hajj. such pathetic mudder fuggerz cool
Accra is the new London grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
iamord:
sarcasm

truth
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by achimotan(m): 8:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=PetroDolla7 post=55755243]Fuckeduppedness!

Master slow down
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Ugosample(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Na wa
So black men cannot have an intellectual discourse about each other's country without it degrading to this?

WTH is wrong with you guys undecided

If it is not Nig vs GH, it's Nig vs SA or some other country.

You guys should be ashamed if yourselves

There are good sides and bad sides to the both countries, and I have been to both, and spent good time in both countries too.

We can learn good things we do from each other to make our countries better, but this constant bickering undecided

Let us use our brain biko

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by JiggamanGh: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
onila:

Ghana, thugs of Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XClbDemmRzI

I guess you are really enjoying your 420. Don't overdo it.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
JiggamanGh:

I guess you are really enjoying your 420. Don't overdo it.

what's 420
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by JiggamanGh: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
onila:

what's 420

Weed day, u r obviously high if you consider Ghanaians not Nigerians thugs of Africa.
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Zenlife: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Goahead:
Yup, you're right. There's nothing spectacular in Ghana other than electricity

Electricity is the key and bedrock to development, growth and advancement.
Since they have stable 24/7 electricity, it's mote than spectacular.

To me that keeps them in 2nd world while the entire Nigeria after 56years gropes in darkness powered by noise and carbon monoxide polluted environs.
Nigeria, a 6th world country.

Since Ghana can achieve this, big shame on Nigeria...the big deluded 'dwarf' of Africa.

Hissssssssssss!

6 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by onila(f): 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
JiggamanGh:

Weed day, u r obviously high if you consider Ghanaians not Nigerians thugs of Africa.

Nigerians are the nicest Africans

a Ghanaian man can be unreasonable. .scolding people anyhow in public

4 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by ray48: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
Very educative
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by JiggamanGh: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
onila:

Nigerians are the nicest Africans

a Ghanaian man can be unreasonable. .scolding people anyhow in public

Nigerians are only good when it comes to giving money but attitude and everything else is more thuggish.

Ghanaians are more stingy but attitude wise we are the best.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Gangster1ms: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ironi:

Good looking guys with small dicks.
Yet ur women choose us over you guys.. ugly black things. Do u even have a dick at all? No wonder the manager of the hotel my brother logde in almost raped him after sleeping with almost all his colleagues. Ur women adore us. Grow ur dìck so that they won't chase us anymore mofucker

4 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by MarieSucre(f): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
Goahead:
My first nightmarish impressions was on a conventional food (rice) which Ghanaians failed woefully. I Tell you, Ghana is bereft of cooking instincts. The bolded, you expected me to eat all that?

You should take the time to at least eat most of them before you judge Ghanaian food.

Haba! Just imagine if someone said the same about Nigeria and is showing that he/she is not even willing to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by coretechng1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
ifyalways:
I agree with all but this point. Ghanaians make good food, their indigenous dishes and rice inclusive.
Dunno where u went and had bad rice in Ghana, maybe in Upper region undecided egusi is not a Ghanaian dish so you don't even have to bring that comparison.
Kenkey and okro with koby fish or with shito and grilled tilapia
Omo tuo and sardine with lots of veggies
Fufu and light soup
Banku and groundnut soup
Egg and garden egg sauce with unripe plantain
Red red garnished with kelewele
Those are proper Ghanaian foods and absolutely delish.
i strongly dissagree. I have been visiting ghana for over 5 years now and the aroma of their foods has continued to nurseate me.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Fearcom(m): 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ironi:

If you are a Nigerian then stay in Nigeria, Ghanaians don't want your problematic azz in Ghana.

I said USEFUL INFO.

You don't even know my nationality before posting idiotic comments. How monumentally stupid can you possibly be??
Don't ever quote my mentions again.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Just30: 10:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

How stable is the electricity in Ghana. Is it 24/7?
haven't had power outage for the last 5 months

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by AdexAbbey(m): 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nice one op... I still need many info cos I will be going to GH next month...

Thanks
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by 360command: 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
AdexAbbey:
Nice one op... I still need many info cos I will be going to GH next month...

Thanks
to do what? living, working or schooling?
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by 360command: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

How stable is the electricity in Ghana. Is it 24/7?
it is stable enough for you not to worry even if there is light out for 1 week.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by coretechng1(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
emmbet:
This issue of comparing Nigeria and Ghana has been over flogged and debated for a very long time.

As a Nigeria currently based in Ghana and married to a Ghanaian lady, I would say that:

Food: It depends on the cook like someone mentioned earlier and we can't factually opine that Nigerian food is better or Ghanaian food is better. But one thing that I know is a fact is that Nigeria has more variety in foods than Ghana.

Security: As the OP mentioned, Ghana is secure not because their security forces are that good but mostly because the crime wave is low and the average Ghanaian is more law abiding than the average Nigerian. They have more respect for constituted authority.
For starters, criminals in Nigeria are much more sophisticated than their Ghanaian counterparts. We have heard stories of robbers using explosives to rob banks in Nigeria but in Ghana, this does not happen. Ghanaian police does not yet have experience of these kind of violent and sophisticated crime operations. In Ghana, most banks don't use revolving doors like banks in Nigeria. Some even still use sliding glass doors.
The Ghanaian police are much more professional and cautious than their Nigerian counterparts. Countless times, they've let me off with just a warning and without paying a bribe.
I have also had a case where I paid for an apartment that was still occupied and after I reported to the Police, they did a professional job and made sure I got back my money.
Also, Ghanaian police does not harrass innocent citizens in checkpoints like Nigerian police. Once they see you respect them and have good manner of approach, you can get away with anything.

Road Networks: Yes it is true that most of the national highways in Ghana are single carriage ways. Roads like Aflao-Tema, Accra-Winneba-Cape Coast-Takoradi all the way to Cote d'Ivoire border are all mostly single carriage.
Also Accra-Kumasi-Kintampo-Tamale-Wale Wale-Bolgatanga till Burkina Faso border at Paga are all mostly single carriage ways. But the amazing thing is that most of these roads are well maintained and in good condition.
Nigeria has better road network than Ghana. Both innercity roads and national highways but Ghanaian highways are more maintained. This fact is not debatable.

Business climate: It is much more easier to run a business in Ghana than Nigeria. Only disadvantage in Ghana is their high capital requirement for foreigners to register business. But in terms of ease of doing business, Ghana is better in all ramifications and with less bureaucracy than Nigeria. When I was registering my company in Ghana, I lost my Tax Id No certificate which was given to me. I was surprised when I walked to the GRA office at Ministries in Accra and explained to someone there. He just asked for my name and checked it on the system and printed a new one for me. He did this within a minute and without asking for egunje.
It is also easier to clear goods from Tema port than it is from Lagos ports.
Startups have more likelihood of surviving in Ghana than in Nigeria and Ghanaian businesses men and women have more access to credit facilities than Nigeria.
The disadvantage in Ghana is that they don't have the population and purchasing power that we have in Nigeria. As a result of the high cost of living in Ghana, most households spend a higher percentage of their income on food alone and will have little or less to spend on other things that they don't consider important.
This is the reason why business moves faster in Nigeria than Ghana.

Cost of living: Ghana has a very high cost of living even with their stable electricity compared to Nigeria. Example, a bottle of coke in Ghana is about 2 cedis (200 naira) but in Nigeria now it is about 70-80 naira (0.7-0.8 cedis).
Also bottle of canned malta guiness goes for 150 naira retail in Nigeria but in Ghana, it is about 3 cedis (300 naira). I actually know a friend that imports drinks from Nigeria to sell in Ghana and he is making a killing from it.
This is the case in other goods and services.
In terms of transport, the fare from point A to point B are the same no matter the time of the day in Ghana unlike in Nigeria where this is not the case and before any increase in transport fares, the transport unions meet and agree on a particular amount to add to a specified route.
Their transport sector is more organized.
Coming to the airlines, they are never late. On many occasions that I have used African World Airlines and Starbow Airlines from Accra to Tamale, they are always on schedule. And even on the Accra-Lagos route, this is the same thing. We cannot say the same of Nigerian airlines like Arikair.

In summary, I would say that both countries have their weak and strong points. If Ghana had the money that Nigeria has earned over the years, they would have done better.
From what I can see, the achievements and heights that Ghana has reached is commensurate with their earnings over the years. They have achieved more with less while Nigeria has achieved less with much.

Just my 2 cents.
The most accurate and objective writeup so far.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
360command:
it is stable enough for you not to worry even if there is light out for 1 week.
1 week ke? Which part of Ghana did you stay. Light out wey no dey pass one hour at most.
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by 360command: 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
dumo1:
1 week ke? Which part of Ghana did you stay. Light out wey no dey pass one hour at most.
I know that English is hard to comprehend but just try and be patient to read carefully . This is not an exam.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
360command:
I know that English is hard to comprehend but just try and be patient to read carefully . This is not an exam.
Bros na wa for you o!
Re: Living In Ghana, My Experience. by 360command: 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
mildflame:

I don't need a good restaurant to eat Ghananian food, the kenke I eat daily is being hawk around my town here in 9ja
which part of Nigeria do they hawk kenke? I hardly see Ghanaian dish in lag.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Family Die In Accident On Benin/Auchi Express, Traveling For Christmas. Graphic / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.