Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. (1043 Views)

How Do I Solve This "Site Can't Be Reached" When Trying To Assess My Online Stor / The Modem I Unlocked Has Refused To Install On My System. / Do You Need Two Antivirus Programs On Your Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by dtruth50: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
For the past 6 months or so, my computer has been abruptly shutting off when i try to install programs off
of a CD.
Games especially. But it does the same for things such as:
Photoshop
Microsoft office Afterwards, i have to remove the power supply cord for atleast 10 seconds before my
computer will succesfully boot again. Re-installing the operating system
does nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Like

Re: Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by greatnaija01: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
your computer may have a BOOT SECTOR VIRUS

simply do a SYSTEMS RESTORE to a very early date and it will work fine. YOU WILL NOT LOOSE ANY DOCUMENT BUT ALL YOUR APPS INSTALLED AFTER THAT DAY WILL BE UNINSTALLED.

if that does not work, simply format

dtruth50:
For the past 6 months or so, my computer has been abruptly shutting off when i try to install programs off
of a CD.
Games especially. But it does the same for things such as:
Photoshop
Microsoft office Afterwards, i have to remove the power supply cord for atleast 10 seconds before my
computer will succesfully boot again. Re-installing the operating system
does nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Re: Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by dtruth50: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
your computer may have a BOOT SECTOR VIRUS

simply do a SYSTEMS RESTORE to a very early date and it will work fine. YOU WILL NOT LOOSE ANY DOCUMENT BUT ALL YOUR APPS INSTALLED AFTER THAT DAY WILL BE UNINSTALLED.

if that does not work, simply format

i formated it n it doesn't work
Re: Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by greatnaija01: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
you may not have formatted well.... you may also need to change the HARD DISK o. because formatting removes everything.

dtruth50:
i formated it n it doesn't work
Re: Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by dtruth50: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
you may not have formatted well.... you may also need to change the HARD DISK o. because formatting removes everything.

hard disk?!!!
Re: Computer Abruptly Shuts Off When Trying To Install Programs. by Luther0luther: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Is the p.c in question a desktop or laptop?

In any case,its likely that heat is not being effectively dissipated in the unit. Your system overheats when you carry out cpu intensive tasks,and shuts down to prevent c p u damage,as heat generated isnt dispelled properly.

Take it to a technician and have its fan,and in the case a desktop,the heat sink looked at. Get them to apply heat paste afresh too.

(1) (Reply)

Massive Ransomware "Wannacry"attacking Computers Worldwide / Neatly Used HP Laptop For Sell / Ghen Ghen!! È Don Happen: More Trouble Fordino Melaye, Youwon’t Believe How Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.