Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Speaking Of Corruption - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Speaking Of Corruption (324 Views)

Mompha Net Worth And The Story Of Corruption / EFCC Enlists Foot Soldiers In The Fight Against Corruption / Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speaking Of Corruption by MarkSole: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
1. “I said no roadblocks, but if you go to our highways today, everywhere is full of roadblocks.”- Inspector-General of Police, Sunday Ehindero (Speaking to senior police officers, from Commissioner and Above), July, 2006.

2. “Integrity is necessary for systems to be strong. Today, rogues, armed robbers are in the State Houses of Assembly and the National Assembly. What sort of laws would they make?” -General Obasanjo; Channels Television, May 2012.
“In this country, Obasanjo accused the federal legislators labelling some of them as armed robbers. He is not the person to make that statement, because he too has not given a good example to Nigerians.
“He was brought from prison to become President of Nigeria for eight years and granted pardon. He contested election in 1999, even when he had no money.
4. “I am told that his military friends like Generals Danjuma, Ibrahim Babangida and others were the people who provided the money with which he won the election. But today, Obasanjo is one of the wealthiest people in the world.”-Chief Edwin Clark, The Punch, May 2012.

5. “If you investigate our men, you will discover some are armed robbers. We are not contented with what they have; we go to the road to extort money from people, engage in illegal business, and liaise with armed robbers” - Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 6 Command, Mr. Jonathan Johnson, Aug 2013.

6. “I know individuals, groups involved in corruption but I will not expose them.” – Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Sept 2013

7. “Stealing is not corruption.” - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Jan 2015.

8. “What of the so-called constituency projects which is a veritable source of corruption? These constituency projects are spread over the budget for members of the National Assembly, for which they are the initiator and the contractor, directly or by proxy and money would be fully drawn with the project only partially executed or not executed at all.
“The National Assembly cabal of today is worse than any cabal that anybody may find anywhere in our national governance system. Members of the National Assembly pay themselves allowances for staff and offices, they do not have or maintain.
“Once you are a member, you are co-opted and your mouth is stuffed with rottenness and corruption, that you cannot opt out, as you go home with not less than N15 million a month for a senator and N10 million a month for a member of the House of Representatives. The National Assembly is a den of corruption by a gang of unarmed robbers.” – General Obasanjo, Nov 2016.

9. “I am aware that some DPOs collect bribes at motor-parks either on a weekly or monthly basis. I didn’t send anybody to collect money neither does the Inspector- General of Police. Expose DPOs or any policeman that demands ‘returns’ (bribes) from you. Report policemen who do not want to pay fares.” – Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni(Speaking to members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers), Mar 2017.

10. “Crossing the Nigerian border from Republic of Benin was one of the most horrendous nightmares we have ever experienced. Officials at the border are thieves. We spent ₦125,000 to cross into the country despite having all our complete documents. If they take a look at your passport, you must give them money to get it back. I have not seen that kind of thing in my life.”
“I think all the thieves congregate in the Nigerian border. From the closest Togo to Benin border posts, there was no problem. The Nigerian end of the Nigeria/Benin border is full of crooks. Something needs to be done.” - Dr. Randy Mckinney, a US tourist who travelled with his wife on 2 motorbikes, from Alaska(US) to Nigeria, The Punch, Mar. 2017.

Best Regards
Re: Speaking Of Corruption by Luckylife(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
When it comes to fighting corruption in theNational Assembly and the Judiciary and in the larger Nigerian sectors, the Presidentuses insecticide, but when it comes to fighting corruption within the Presidency, they use deodorants,” Sani said.

Sani, who said corruption must be fought without bias, described the President’s letter as “a funeral service for the anti-corruption fight”, adding that it was unfortunate that “we have a political atmosphere where you have a saintly and angelic Presidency and a devilish and evil society.”

25 Jan 2017 ... The Chairman of theSenateCommittee on the Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the North-East,Sen.shipsandports.com.ng/anti-corruptio

"There is a greater prison than Kuje; it is the conscience of men. A President who was sponsored with stolen money by a thief, is in a greater prison with the thief. And it shall manifest soon". - Sen Shehu Sanni (APC Kaduna State).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Of Corruption by Luckylife(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Slams 'state' Government For Arraigning Woman Who Attempted Suicide / How Syndicate Defrauded Folorunso Alakija / Indonesian Men Caned For Gay Sex In Aceh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.