Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage (799 Views)

What Makes Some Africans Think The White Man Is Better Than Them? / Why Are Some Africans So Lucky To Live Abroad / Some Africans Don't Use Deodorant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by TRAPQUEEN1(f): 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
This picture shows an asante traditional marriage and a British traditional marriage.

I am yet to see a British couple performing the asante traditional marriage , so I ask, why is it that some Africans and African churches disregard our own traditional marriage?

Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by menxer: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
We shall continue to do it (both traditional & white weddings) until our ladies are weaned of their childhood fantasies and fairy tales.

As per the church side of it, lets not go there.
Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by Khaliyah(m): 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Churches don't disregard traditional marriages rather they make they couples officially n formally joined by presenting them certificates, and you would agree with me that during the wedding ceremony(I.e d church service) the pastors usually ask the brides father if the groom has completed all that is required of him I.e the traditional marriage. So you churches don't disregard them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by mountlarry: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
It's simply mental slavery. Anything foreign is divine
TRAPQUEEN1:
This picture shows an asante traditional marriage and a British traditional marriage.

I am yet to see a British couple performing the asante traditional marriage , so I ask, why is it that some Africans and African churches disregard our own traditional marriage?

Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by Khaliyah(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
mountlarry:
It's simply mental slavery. Anything foreign is divine
Wedding it's mostly done for the sake of that certificate which u n me know is necessary, so it's not about being mentally enslaved
Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by mountlarry: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2017
Sure it's is. Church certificates are useless. Court certificates are the ones needed and most necessary to back traditional weddings
Khaliyah:

Wedding it's mostly done for the sake of that certificate which u n me know is necessary, so it's not about being mentally enslaved
Re: Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage by Khaliyah(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2017
mountlarry:
Sure it's is. Church certificates are useless. Court certificates are the ones needed and most necessary to back traditional weddings
if the church is a registered church then it aren't useless, cus it's govt recognized

(1) (Reply)

The Coronation And Confirmation Of Eze Nri Obidiegwu Onyeso In Aguleri (video) / Fun Things About Northern Nigeria / Epitome Of Yoruba Culture:see Photo Of Ambode’s Son As He Prostrate To Greet Pmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.