Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed (21876 Views)

Cross River PDP NASS Members React To FFK's Threat. Expose Governor Ayade / Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio / Zakari Mohammed Blocked From Entering A Town In Kwara, Resident Shout "Ole" (vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by ijustdey: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
A member of the House of Representatives, Mr . Zakari Mohammed, says members of the National Assembly are not the highest paid political office holders in Nigeria.

Mohammed, who represents Baruten/Kaiama Federal Constituency, also denied that the legislators pay was a guarded secret.

The public perception of the National Assembly is in sharp contrast to the reality on the ground as far as the lawmakers take- home and other allowances are concerned, he told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Gure , Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara.

According to him, chief executives of federal agencies earn more salary than the National Assembly members.

“ I can tell you that a Director-General of a Federal agency is far and above better than a member of parliament in terms of what he takes home in terms of pegs of office.

“Whatever a legislature does is within the limit of his allowances and the salary that he takes.

“ Whatever we do is within the income , we don’ t award contracts, we don't execute projects.”

Mohammed, however, advocated regular interface between the National Assembly and the public to address what he termed as current erroneous perception on the matter.

“ So for me, I believe it is a mindset and it is going to take sometimes to get it off Nigerians heads, and I believe a regular interface with the public will change the psyche with time. ”

The lawmaker noted that the legislature had been painted in bad light since the inception of the fourth republic.

“The National Assembly since 1999 has been living with image issue and of course I’m saying it without any fear of contradiction that it was caused by the then President ( Olusegun ) Obasanjo.

“ To me, it is matter of psyche . Nigeria must get it out of them that legislature is being painted in the kind of light that it is not supposed to be, because I have been a member of the house and know exactly what they are doing ”, he said.

The former House spokesman cautioned Gov. Nasir El - Rufai of Kaduna State against casting aspersions on the National Assembly.

He said the governor had taken the path of demonizing the National Assembly because of ‘‘individual inclination ’’ and his grouse with some lawmakers representing his state.

Mohammed described the governor ’ s recent outburst over the national Assembly budget as ‘‘hypocritical ’’.

http://punchng.com/federal-workers-earn-more-than-nass-members-lawmaker/
Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fed workers earn more than NASS members?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by mikeycharles(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
So you expect us to believe you, politicians that can lie for Europe

16 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by madridguy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Money money is their primary assignment. Useless law breakers

24 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Fed workers earn more than NASS members?

Yes, Buhari and NNPC Chairman are Federal workers. They earn more than the average NASS member.

12 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by OjukwuWarBird: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Many are mad but few are roaming the streets

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

Yes, Buhari and NNPC Chairman are Federal workers. They earn more than the average NASS member.

If buhari is a fed worker, NASS members are local govt workers abi?

Gerrout.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by gberra: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
This old fool wouldn't reveal they connived with civil servants to fleece us. As a matter of fact, they received handouts from the civil servants with whom they perfect sleaze. stupid sleazebags.

Igbos always cry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Gerrout.

You guys should learn how to think like proper graduates.

Are you insinuating that Senator Akpabio earn more than what he got while serving as the Governor of Akwa Ibom state?

You guys should learn how to analyze the simplest of the simplest concern without necessarily basing your judgment on what an illiterate in Aso Rock thinks about NASS.

The poorest Governor in the current day Nigeria is way richer than the richest 1st time serving NASS member - That's a fact from me.

Senators basic salaries are determined by the Federal Government. For the Governors, they set their own preferred Salary, they can so choose to divert the allocation of 21 local governments and heaven will not fall, and of course, the dum.bass citizens will not do anything.

Kogi state Governor has currently diverted several months allocation on investment. That's what an average Governor does. They get the funds, invest like N3billion in a bank in order to realize at least N300million interest within 6 months. During this period, civil servants can die, and protest all they want, and heavens will not fall, after all, the dum.bass citizens care more about a NASS that has little or no contributions to make to an average citizen even if they earn N5 per month.

Our lives won't improve even if all the Senators decide to work for FREE. We are so diverted from the real issues in this country.

An ordinary DG of an agency was caught with billions of Naira and people still assume that Nigerian Senators are the ONLY or biggest thieves in the country..

Lol!

Before you mention Saraki, Dino, etc, remember where they came from. They didnt start looting 2 years ago.

If you care to know how "poor" the Legislators are when compared to an average Governor, go and check the lifestyle of a 1st time serving Senator, not Saraki, Dino, David Mark, or Stella Oduah.

Any illiterate that really wants to loot would envy a gubernatorial position or any of those NNPC subsidiaries far ahead of a poor Legislative position.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by OjukwuWarBird: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
gberra:
This old fool wouldn't reveal they connived with civil servants to fleece us. As a matter of fact, they received handouts from the civil servants with whom they perfect sleaze. stupid sleazebags.

Igbos always cry.

How is IPOB related to this topic

You need to go for a medical checkup before it becomes a market thing

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
[s]
Acidosis:

Are you insinuating that Senator Akpabio earn more than what he got while serving as the Governor of Akwa Ibom state?

You guys should learn how to analyze the simplest of the simplest concern without necessarily basing your judgment on what an illiterate in Aso Rock thinks about NASS.

The poorest Governor in the current day Nigeria is way richer than the richest 1st time serving NASS member - That's a fact from me.

Senators basic salaries are determined by the Federal Government. For the Governors, they set their own preferred Salary, they can so choose to divert the allocation of 21 local governments and heaven will not fall, and of course, the dum.bass citizens will not do anything.

Kogi state Governor has currently diverted several months allocation on investment. That's what an average Governor does. They get the funds, invest like N3billion in a bank in order to realize at least N300million interest within 6 months. During this period, civil servants can die, and protest all they want, and heavens will not fall, after all, the dum.bass citizens care more about a NASS that has little or no contributions to make to an average citizen even if they earn N5 per month.

Our lives won't improve even if all the Senators decide to work for FREE. We are so diverted from the real issues in this country.

Before you mention Saraki, Dino, etc, remember where they came from. They didnt start looting 2 years ago.

If you care to know how "poor" the Legislators are when compared to an average Governor, go and check the lifestyle of a 1st time serving Senator, not Saraki, Dino, David Mark, or Stella Oduah.

Any illiterate that really want to loot should envy a gubernatorial position far ahead of a Legislative position.
[/s]

Thrash.

You said Bubu earns more than NASS members because he is a fed worker, are NASS members not fed workers as well?

Answer this and spare me those thrash of state governors.
Very confused.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by gberra: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Gerrout.
Lol!!!.. More like NASS are Non-governmental organisation.
That dude depicts ipob crudity.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Bossontop(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
undecided
Nope... sorry sir....wont be taking this bullshiit 2dae....come back 2moro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by SalamRushdie: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
He has made e a valid point , they don't award contracts nor make payments on behalf of govt but yet Nigerians think they are more corrupt than the executives ...Any corrupt money that gets into the National assembly is usually bribes from the executives

6 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:
[s][/s]

Thrash.

You said Bubu earns more than NASS members because he is a fed worker, are NASS members not fed workers as well?

Answer this and spare those thrash.

You're more illiterate than I earlier thought. Focus on the actual meaning of his expressions as stated in the first paragraph, not the paraphrased title by an amateur editor.

NASS members are not the highest remunerated political office or federal/public office holders. That's the main point, so deal with it.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
gberra:

I bet the only line your brain can process as counter-post to the stated facts is iPOD, Wailer, and all that nonsense.

Argue the points only, wrap your baseless tags and shove it down your a.s.s.
Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

You're more illiterate than I earlier thought. Focus on the actual meaning of his expressions as stated in the first paragraph, not the paraphrased title by an amateur editor.

NASS members are not the highest remunerated political office or federal/public office holders. That's the main point, so deal with it.

I think you are the illiterate here as you attempt to even bring in state governors into your warped analysis even though the topic is about fed govt.

You even exhibit more confusion while attempting to merge up tenured appointments with civil service.

If you are educated enough, you should know that reference is being made to fed civil servants rather than tenured appointment holders.

18 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by danot1030: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
He should tell that to the almajiris in the North to believe, we don't believe that in south here.

1 Like

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
He has made e a valid point , they don't award contracts nor make payments on behalf of govt but yet Nigerians think they are more corrupt than the executives ...Any corrupt money that gets into the National assembly is usually bribes from the executives

That's why we need to teach these illiterates a thorough lesson.

How can a right thinking Nigerian even assume that an average Senator is the biggest thief in the current day Nigeria?

These guys don't think, they just follow whatever bubu says; whoever he hates, they hate. Whoever he loves, they love, without THINKING of course.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by omenkaLives(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
gberra:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by iluvdonjazzy: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
WILL U KEEP QUIET THERE

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by gberra: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

How is IPOB related to this topic

You need to go for a medical checkup before it becomes a market thing
Igbos are a willing tool in the hands of the corrupt ass. They could jump in the lagoon just to defend them. The more reason Ikweremandu would appear in court in an igbo attire knowingful of Igbos assurances.

Igbos are corrupt.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I think you are the illiterate here as you attempt to even bring in state governors into your warped analysis even though the topic is about fed govt.

You even exhibit more confusion while attempting to merge up tenured appointments with civil service.

If you are educated enough, you should know that reference is being made to fed civil servants rather than tenured appointment holders.

An average illiterate like you always shove it down the throats of your followers that Senators are the biggest and richest political office holders, so I considered it important to remind you and your likes that your Governors are ruining you blatantly, while the Presidency concurrently divert your focus on NASS.

I bet you didn't read this;

“ I can tell you that a Director-General of a Federal agency is far and above better than a member of parliament in terms of what he takes home in terms of pegs of office.

“Whatever a legislature does is within the limit of his allowances and the salary that he takes.

“ Whatever we do is within the income , we don’ t award contracts, we don't execute projects.
Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by gberra: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

An ordinary DG of an agency was caught with billions of Naira and people still assume that Nigerian Senators are the ONLY or biggest thieves in the country..

Lol!

Any illiterate that really wants to loot would envy a gubernatorial position or any of those NNPC subsidiaries far ahead of a poor Legislative position.
oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! oooooo, see long epistle to the people of Galatians just to defend the Legislooters!!!

Igbos are finished.

8 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

An average illiterate like you always shove it down the throats of your followers that Senators are the biggest and richest political office holders, so I considered it important to remind you and your likes that your Governors are ruining you blatantly, while the Presidency concurrently divert your focus on NASS.

I bet you didn't read this;

What is wrong with this man? Are you confused? What is with state governors? Are state governors also fed workers? Have you ever seen NASS budget? Do you know how much a director earns?

Dude, apply Google and stop embarrassing whichever school you had attended.

Tell me, which director earn this much?

8 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by gberra: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=omenkaLives post=55745010][/quote] The gods are also laughing.
Igbos are Mad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

What is wrong with this man? Are you confused? What is with state governors? Are state governors also fed workers? Have you ever seen NASS budget? Do you know how much a director earns?

Dude, apply Google and stop embarrassing whichever school you had attended.

I have seen the payslips of Dogara and Saraki on Channels television. I also have an idea of what they earn as allowances.

You should stop embarrassing the internet by distributing fake broadcast WhatsApp messages about the salaries of NASS members.

1 Like

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

I have seen the payslips of Dogara and Saraki on Channels television. I also have an idea of what they earn as allowances.

You should stop embarrassing the internet by distributing fake broadcast WhatsApp messages about the salaries of NASS members.

Which kind illiterate be dis?

So, in your mind, a legislator lives those flamboyant lifestyle with a salary 333k? Nawao!

5 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please go and check the archives of Channels television for a breakdown of Dogara's salary, deductions and tax.

His monthly salary isn't anywhere close to N1million.

See if you must argue with me, come up with credible data sources.
Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Which kind illiterate be dis?

So, in your mind, a legislator lives those flamboyant lifestyle with a salary 333k? Nawao!

No, like any other political office holders, Senators earn allowances.

My point is this; you don't just wake up from a funny night mare and declare the Senators as the highest remunerated political office or Federal workers.

I'm a data analyst and I know what it means when an association is being made between 5, 6, or 7 variables.

I'm not a rumour monger, I work with data, not opinions of opinionated illiterates.

I'm also not defending NASS or any executives but I won't be so f00lish to declare one arm as the most corrupt because another arm pretends to be hollier than angel Michael.

1 Like

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

No, like any other political office holders, Senators earn allowances.

My point is this; you don't just wake up from a funny night mare and declare the Senators as the highest remunerated political office or Federal workers.

I'm a data analyst and I know what it means when an association is being made between 5, 6, or 7 variables.

I'm not a rumour monger, I work with data, not opinions of opinionated illiterates.

I'm also not defending NASS or any executives but I won't be so f00lish to declare one arm as the most corrupt because another arm pretends to be hollier than angel Michael.

Dude, you may be a data analyst or whatever and nobody is doubting whatever you say you are but I put it to you that there is no fed civil servant earning as much as our Legislators.

What stops them from making their earnings public? Don't be confused by payslips displaying basic salary.

As public officers holding political appointments, they may not be the highest earners, but comparing them with civil servants, they should go and say that to the marines.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed by Acidosis(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Dude, you may be a data analyst or whatever and nobody is doubting whatever you say you are but I put it to you that there is no fed civil servant earning as much as our Legislators.

What stops them from making their earnings public? Don't be confused by payslips displaying basic salary.

As public officers holding political appointments, they may not be the highest earners, but comparing them with civil servants, they should go and say that to the marines.

6 years ago, the payslip of the Dean of my Faculty at the Uni reads N982,000. Some Profs today earn as much and even higher in some well paying institutions.

The pay slip of Dogara as shown on Channels television some days ago reads less than N600,000 after tax (can't remember the exact figure). Mind you, the pay slip was stamped, confirmed and displayed on screen.

When you compare the basic salaries of these categories, you will discover that many civil servants earn MORE salaries than Legislators.

Legislators and other politicians are richer because they thrive on allowances and contracts. Now this Senator is saying that unlike other political office holders and DGs, they don't have access to contracts, only basic salaries and allowances. That has always been the norm except for a few that take bribes and that explains why some Senators are richer than others even when they earn the same salary/allowances.

Talking about confusion, best way to avoid that is to run away from inconsistent broadcast messages about Nigerian Senators and those flying around different blogs.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Abiodun: Sarkin Fulani Speaks Yoruba Better Than I Do / Photos From Peter Obi's Diaspora Interaction In Manchester / Saraki, Loyalists Lobby Emirs To Beg Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.