Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. (549 Views)

Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? / Which Network Is (mtn,glo,visa,zain) Is Best For 3g Internet / Wmp Vs Itunes Vs Realplayer. Which one is best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by axeman85(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
I am currently in the market to purchase an internet connection. the cost of purchasing is not the problem.

i am residing around ogba area and want to know the best connection to get, either i should use my phone nokia e71 but i dont want to as i heard that receiving calls while using the phone to browse affects the connection.

so guys pls which one of the connection, mtn, starcomms, multilinks,glo is advisable to buy ? whats the reliability to an average user ? and also whats the cost of purchase as well ? thanks.

i dont intend on downloading stuffs. just normal browsing, watching movies on youtube and listening to music and usual chattings.
Re: Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by DualCore1: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2010
axeman85:

i am residing around ogba area and want to know the best connection to get, either i should use my phone nokia e71 but i dont want to as i heard that receiving calls while using the phone to browse affects the connection.
Your phone has a hsdpa enabled modem. On full throttle and in 3G coverage your phone connects at 3.5G. When calls come in your phone goes to 3G.
You will be getting speeds of about 40 kb/s while receiving calls, so this isnt an issue to consider when choosing to use your phone as a modem or not.

axeman85:

i dont intend on downloading stuffs. just normal browsing, watching movies on youtube and listening to music and usual chattings.
Watching movies on youtube, listening to music, usual chattings.
By doing all these, you are both downloading and uploading.
For youtube, as the video streams you download megabytes of data.
Same goes for music.
For chat which is negligible, as you send messages you are uploading bytes of data. As you recieve messages, you are downloading bytes of data.
Re: Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by axeman85(m): 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2010
Dual Core:

Your phone has a hsdpa enabled modem. On full throttle and in 3G coverage your phone connects at 3.5G. When calls come in your phone goes to 3G.
You will be getting speeds of about 40 kb/s while receiving calls, so this isnt an issue to consider when choosing to use your phone as a modem or not.

thanxs well said but that means i wil be using my phone but i dont want to because based on revies on mtn i heard they zap your credit if you go overboard and they dont notify you and also i will have to buy another sim just for this purpose which i dont really want to. hence my looking for a good connection to buy. thankxs.

Watching movies on youtube, listening to music, usual chattings.
By doing all these, you are both downloading and uploading.
For youtube, as the video streams you download megabytes of data.
Same goes for music.
For chat which is negligible, as you send messages you are uploading bytes of data. As you recieve messages, you are downloading bytes of data.

thanxs BUT which one will u recommend and whats the price.
Re: Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by axeman85(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
@dualcore

so it means i can as well go ahead and use my phone Nokia E71 then i wont have to pay for a modem all i do is jjust pay for the type of plan i want either monthly or daily package from mtn right ?
also as u said while am receiving calls the speed will reduce but after am through with the call the speed will go back up, is that right ?
Re: Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by DualCore1: 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2010
The answer to the 2 questions immediately above me is Yes.
As for what i use: mtn.

Be sure to check if your area is within mtn's 3G coverage. I wont advise you call customer care to find out, they don't know (trust me).
If you see 3G on your E71 while in your area, you're covered.
Re: Which Is Best Pls Help Needed. by Labitech: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2010
Hello axeman85

Happy new year to you. Ihave fixed this same kind of challenge for a client of mine who resides in Ikeja . He uses the same kind of phone as yours and i honestly tell you that he is happy that i did the job for him.

Actually i used Zain's connection for him and he browses the internet for as low as 1000 Naira monthly, but i can still put you on MTN if you like.

I promise you that you will enjoy this connection. Just get intouch via any of the below means and we can get to meet so as to get you online

(ladioduwaiye@yahoo.co.uk) or 08027654704

Take care and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Automated Sms Facility? / How Do You Access Nairaland ? Via Mobile Phone Or Pc ? / How To Instal Window Xp On Hp Pavilion Dv4 With Window Vista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.