Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help (1490 Views)

Here Is Why New Applicants Don't Get NGO Jobs Often / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by electromagnito: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Am just tired of everything, people keep seeing invite for same job I apply with them but I don't get, pls someone should help me here is my CV cause am frustrated

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by generalbush(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
electromagnito:
Am just tired of everything, people keep seeing invite for same job I apply with them but I don't get, pls someone should help me here is my CV cause am frustrated

There are things you have to know about job hunting. The truth is that a lot of Job related threads make front page but some people prefer not to read!!

Check out for the following tips.

1) Crosscheck your CV

2) Cover letter

If they can't convince a blind man, then you work on it again. but if they are good, then you know the extra steps to take.

Do you know something called a letter of introduction?

Do you know how to get invites by cold calling the HR of some organizations?

Do you know how to operate using Insider's informations?

Think deep or visit www.topwritersden.com. Visit the Job seeker's section and get yourself well equiped.
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by casiello(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
generalbush:

There are things you have to know about job hunting. The truth is that a lot of Job related threads make front page but people like you are so lazy to read and know what to do.

Check out for the following tips.

1) Crosscheck your CV

2) Cover letter

If they can't convince a blind man, then you work on it again. but if they are good, then you know the extra steps to take.

Do you know something called a letter of introduction?

Do you know how to get invites by cold calling the HR of some organizations?

Do you know how to operate using Insider's informations?

Think deep or visit www.topwritersden.com. Visit the Job seeker's section and get yourself well equiped.
That wasn't neccesary, haba!!
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by generalbush(m): 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
casiello:

I know.. My bad!!

but most of them keep complaining that the DO's and Don'ts are too much!!

But people take time to write from their own experience, but they keep assuming that it is not necessary...

I will modify BTW... Thanks alot!!
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by electromagnito: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
casiello:
I appreciate alot, I will try and work on my shortcomings, just that I have been invited for series of test which I have declined but I notice lately, I apply for job applications after I finish my last contract job and people having been getting invite but I have been exempted, thanks for your advice, I will check up your site..... The work Frustration want me to leave the country but Many admission but no statement of account,....God will pick my call some day
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by ademasta(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2017
Boss, you've got a good CV tho... And what you have got is ok to land you a job. But try and spice it up with atleast a professional certification.
HSE, PMP... etc

And I am worried why yoruba, your own language, is excluded from the list of languages you can speak.

After you have implemented all these, please try applying early, immediately you see a job advert try as much as possible to be among the very first 10 to send CVs... It matters a lot.

God bless your hustles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by HappyScent: 9:32am On Apr 22, 2017
Bros oh.go for church deliverance,mayb one idol is following you about for ur family,its happen like that.
A man say after deliverance he got a job,i apply it,i took got.so brother try it in ur church
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by Coldplay007(f): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
ademasta:
Boss, you've got a good CV tho... And what you have got is ok to land you a job. But try and spice it up with atleast a professional certification.
HSE, PMP... etc

And I am worried why yoruba, your own language, is excluded from the list of languages you can speak.

After you have implemented all these, please try applying early, immediately you see a job advert try as much as possible tDro be among the very first 10 to send CVs... It matters a lot.

God bless your hustles.

his CV is poor.. Very poor organisation.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by iRepNaija1: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
electromagnito:

I didn't go through this thoroughly but these are the things that jumped out at me on first glance:

1.) Your CV is too long. Most CVs should be no more than one page. Think of this way: if I post a job opening and I get 100 CVs, which one am I likely to throw away without a second glance? A one page CV or a three page CV like yours? Recruiters are short on time and energy. You want to make their job as easy possible. For starters, you can minimize the page number by getting rid of the extra spacing between. Also, remove all that stuff about your personal data. The recruiter will already be able to tell what ethnic group you hail from by your name. I don't think they need to know your marital status. And get rid of the job objective. That should be in your cover letter, not in your CV.

2.) You have different font styles in your CV. That's a big mistake. Pick one and stick with it. Times New Roman is usually the best one because it makes CVs easier to read.

3.) There are some words that are capitalized that shouldn't be. For example, in your career objective, why is the word technology capitalized? That just looks like you didn't proofread your CV and makes you look sloppy. You don't want to give the recruiter that impression.

4.) You listed where you worked but didn't talk about what you did exactly at those jobs. As a rule of thumb, each job listed should have two to three, one sentence descriptions about what you've done. So basically move all your achievements and put them under the corresponding job experience. The way you have it set up is a space-waster and confusing. You can find example CVs (or resumes) online. Just Google.

5.) Skills and Personal Qualities should be in a cover letter, not a CV. Delete your Hobbies section. Honors and awards and positions held should be under your education portion.

6.) References should be its own document, not listed in your CV.

Also, have you ever thought to go to the recruiter or officer and ask them why you weren't selected? If they can't even remember your CV, that's a problem. If they do remember you but selected someone else, maybe the other person is more qualified. But this being Nigeria, the person selected probably knew someone on the other side. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by ademasta(m): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Coldplay007:

his CV is poor.. Very poor organisation.
You are right.... Not well organized at all
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by Coldplay007(f): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
iRepNaija1:

I didn't go through this thoroughly but these are the things that jumped out at me on first glance:

1.) Your CV is too long. Most CVs should be no more than one page. Think of this way: if I post a job opening and I get 100 CVs, which one am I likely to throw away without a second glance? A one page CV or a three page CV like yours? Recruiters are short on time and energy. You want to make their job as easy possible. For starters, you can minimize the page number by getting rid of the extra spacing between. Also, remove all that stuff about your personal data. The recruiter will already be able to tell what ethnic group you hail from by your name. I don't think they need to know your marital status. And get rid of the job objective. That should be in your cover letter, not in your CV.

2.) You have different font styles in your CV. That's a big mistake. Pick one and stick with it. Times New Roman is usually the best one because it makes CVs easier to read.

3.) There are some words that are capitalized that shouldn't be. For example, in your career objective, why is the word technology capitalized? That just looks like you didn't proofread your CV and makes you look sloppy. You don't want to give the recruiter that impression.

4.) You listed where you worked but didn't talk about what you did exactly at those jobs. As a rule of thumb, each job listed should have two to three, one sentence descriptions about what you've done. So basically move all your achievements and put them under the corresponding job experience. The way you have it set up is a space-waster and confusing. You can find example CVs (or resumes) online. Just Google.

5.) Skills and Personal Qualities should be in a cover letter, not a CV. Delete your Hobbies section. Honors and awards and positions held should be under your education portion.

6.) References should be its own document, not listed in your CV.

Also, have you ever thought to go to the recruiter or officer and ask them why you weren't selected? If they can't even remember your CV, that's a problem. If they do remember you but selected someone else, maybe the other person is more qualified. But this being Nigeria, the person selected probably knew someone on the other side. Good luck.

Nice.. disagree with 1 though. Experienced hires will def have more than 1 page of CV.. fresh hires can stick to i page...

4 is spot on. for each work experience, list your JD.

2 is spot on too... i had headache going through that CV. Before anybody should start seeking for a job, learn the basics of Microsoft office first..
Re: Why Is It I Don't Get Invite Despite My Experience Pls Help by iRepNaija1: 2:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Coldplay007:

Nice.. disagree with 1 though. Experienced hires will def have more than 1 page of CV.. fresh hires can stick to i page...

4 is spot on. for each work experience, list your JD.

2 is spot on too... i had headache going through that CV. Before anybody should start seeking for a job, learn the basics of Microsoft office first..

The problem is that he has too much spacing between his experiences and achievements. If he eliminates some things, his CV should not be more than a page and a half.

(1) (Reply)

Zintex Oil & Gas Limited Massive Job Recruitment 2017 - See Application Details / Instore Activation Job For Both Male And Female.. Pay Is 96k. / IFS Job Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.