Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

At The Point When Display Adau Mornyang Was Only 17, She Was Sexually Attacked B - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / At The Point When Display Adau Mornyang Was Only 17, She Was Sexually Attacked B (405 Views)

Cleavages On Display As Girls Appear In Different Costume @ Calabar Carnival / Watch Half N*ked White Girls As They Display @ Calabar Carnival (video) / Camera Man Attacked By Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

At The Point When Display Adau Mornyang Was Only 17, She Was Sexually Attacked B by krabbalogun: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Cautioning: GRAPHIC CONTENT

At the point when display Adau Mornyang was only 17, she was sexually attacked by two men on the solid floor of an Adelaide auto stop.

She had been drinking with the men — whom she knew through her group — in the wake of swinging to them for guidance taking after a separation.

Be that as it may, as the liquor started to assume control over her framework, the men picked up control over her body.

"I could hear the two young men talking among themselves as I laid there in stun and I realized what was going to happen, yet I couldn't move. My body simply close down," Ms Mornyang, now 22, said in an enthusiastic, hour-long Facebook live video she posted on Tuesday evening, which has as of now been observed more than 35,000 times.

Utilizing the pen names and "Dwindle", Ms Mornyang portrayed in realistic detail how the two men struck her.

"I recall a point where John was on top of me and he was doing what he was doing and I lay there in stun. I couldn't talk, I couldn't open my mouth, I couldn't open my eyes ... my vision was so foggy," she said.

Adau shared her sexual assault story in a Facebook live video on Tuesday night. Picture: Facebook

"I was laying there appealing to God I just kicked the bucket ... I just couldn't trust it was going on."

Ms Mornyang, a state finalist in the Miss World Australia exhibition who now lives in Melbourne, is talking about her traumatic involvement with the expectation it will urge other attack casualties to approach and quit "living in disgrace".

While she announced her attack to police and the two men included were at first charged, she later approached them to drop the charges inspired by a paranoid fear of retaliation.

"It came to the heart of the matter where I was being tormented and bugged. Individuals said to me, 'Don't attempt to destroy their lives'. They said 'Why did you attempt to set them up?'" Ms Mornyang told news.com.au.

"I thought: 'What am I going to escape this? It may deteriorate. So I backpedaled to my criminologist and I implored them to drop the case," she said.

"They attempted to console me such a variety of times that it was OK, yet I was so afraid for my life that I dropped it and moved back to Melbourne."

Adau Mornyang.

She says casualty accusing is as yet fit as a fiddle in Australia. While she has been immersed with positive messages from ladies expressing gratitude toward her for sharing her story, she's likewise gotten reaction from the men in her group.

"Our people group rushes to accuse the casualty and we have to quit giving hoodlums that power. Individuals aren't talking up in light of the fact that they're apprehensive about being judged," she said.

"I had this colossal weight and I was censuring myself. I didn't consider myself to be commendable however now it will encourage spur me to represent the voiceless.

"I need us ladies and young ladies to meet up and talk up. We have to quit covering up. That's the last straw."

Melbourne model Adau Mornyang is a finalist in the Miss World Australia beauty pageant.

Ms Mornyang, who will contend with 27 different finalists for the Miss World Australia crown in July, sees the exhibition as a chance to talk freely about essential social issues.

She came to Australia as an exile when she was 10 and couldn't talk any English. She says numerous youngsters in the Australian Sudanese people group battle to fit in, and swinging to medications and savagery thus.

"It truly makes me extremely upset to perceive what is occurring with the adolescents, they require help," she disclosed to The Herald Sun

"Where are their folks? Who is taking care of them? Who are there tutors? The people group needs to meet up and truly take in the way of life of Australia, take in the laws of the nation — that is the main way you will be ready to keep your children.

"I think me going in Miss World will give me the chance to talk up, and share my story to help the individuals who are experiencing a hard time, and to educate the individuals who don't know much about South Sudan."

(1) (Reply)

Mente De Moda: 20% Discount And Freebies For Grab At 4th Anniversary Celebration / Information Regarding Event/seminar Organizing Firm / Happy Birthday To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.