Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,436 members, 7,843,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings (637 Views)

Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ / Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo / Man Accuses El-Rufai Of Burning Kaduna SIECOM Office, He Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by Naijiant: 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
The attitude of the state government has been marred by lots of complicity and bias which exacerbated rather than ameliorated tensions. The Governor in most cases seemed to have abdicated his responsibility of being Governor to all us, and instead gave in to the luxury of waging an unrelenting media campaign against Southern Kaduna people. He unabashedly takes sides with the armed herdsmen (His kinsmen) thereby failing in his responsibility as a true statesman, becoming therefore a biased umpire who blames and criminalizes Southern Kaduna victims as the cause of the mayhem. The Governor has made several efforts in the media to discredit figure of casualties that were arrived at through painstaking research, and is known for trying to change the true narrative by presenting the victims as the villain and the aggressors as the prey. The Governor has the penchant of using state apparatus to insult, denigrate, intimidate, arrest and put in prison all voices of reason from Southern Kaduna who dare to challenge his handling of this crisis. Among those that have fallen victims of his tyranny are: traditional rulers, journalists, youths, political leaders, academicians, while threatening our lawyers and other leaders (Religious and Unions) with arrest for daring to speak out against the genocide.
Read the full statement: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/catholic-bishop-kafanchan-accuses-governor-nasir-el-rufai-complicity-killings-fulani-herdsmen/
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
El rufai may be arrogant
But I want us to know that every governor wants peace in his state

In other to loot the poor masses dry

Note all this Islam and Christianity stuff needs to stop

Nigeria is a secular state

It belongs to both the traditionalist, Muslim, Christianso and atheist
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by ephi123(f): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Naijiant:

The Governor has made several efforts in the media to discredit figure of casualties that were arrived at through painstaking research, and is known for trying to change the true narrative by presenting the victims as the villain and the aggressors as the prey

This on its own is great injustice.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
ephi123:

This on its own is great injustice.

Most of this so called religious leaders use all this to

Gain prominence

After then they forget above the so call masses
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
My plea to all northerners

Of whatever faith is to give peace a chance

Religion is a personal thing

They should emulate the southern part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Gain prominence

you no they always talk truth
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by ephi123(f): 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Gain prominence

This is not about prominence sarrki, I'm not concerned about whoever is making the statement. This is about people's lives. Human beings. Were people killed or not in Southern kaduna?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
ephi123:

This is not about prominence sarrki, I'm not concerned about whoever is making the statement. This is about people's lives. Human beings. Were people killed or not in Southern kaduna?

Sis I have lived most of my life in the north

The truth is lack of tolerance between the two major religious group

I mean both
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by ephi123(f): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Sis I have lived most of my life in the north

The truth is lack of tolerance between the two major religious group

I mean both

But we both know that one religion in particular is far more intolerant. We've never had a case of a person being beheaded in the south just because they have a different belief but it happens all the time in the North.

No religion has a monopoly of violence and when these things are swept under the carpet, it festers and will eventually explode. It's a ticking time bomb. A time will come when the victims will refuse to turn the other eye.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
ephi123:

But we both know that one religion in particular is far more intolerant. We've never had a case of a person being beheaded in the south just because they have a different belief but it happens all the time in the North.

No religion has a monopoly of violence and when these things are swept under the carpet, it festers and will eventually explode. It's a ticking time bomb. A time will come when the victims will refuse to turn the other eye.

Sis exactly what am saying

Up north here

The intolerant is both way
Don't use the south to judge
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by ephi123(f): 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
sarrki:

Sis exactly what am saying

Up north here

The intolerant is both way
Don't use the south to judge

I don't think so, the intolerance is farrrr worse in the North compared to the South. It's only in the North a riot will start because someone claimed someone insulted their religious book, that would never happen elsewhere in the country.
The direction things are taking is very dangerous if it's not handled properly and on time.

Well, just be safe, although I'm sure since you've stayed there for long you are probably more comfortable with them.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by sarrki(m): 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
ephi123:

I don't think so, the intolerance is farrrr worse in the North compared to the South. It's only in the North a riot will start because someone claimed someone insulted their religious book, that would never happen elsewhere in the country.
The direction things are taking is very dangerous if it's not handled properly and on time.

Well, just be safe, although I'm sure since you've stayed there for long you are probably more comfortable with them.

I mean both religion in the north
Re: Bishop Of Kafanchan Accuses El-rufai Of Complicity In Fulani Herdsmen Killings by otunnei: 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
Elrufai is a terrorist midget cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Medical Pathologist Reveals The Cause Of Senator Isiaka Adeleke’s Death / Nigerians Should Force Buhari To Step Down / Nigeria And Are Inhabited Mainly By The Igbo, One Of The Country’s Largest-yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.