Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Uk Visa Problem - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Problem (2759 Views)

Dubai Visa Problem / Final Solution To Your Visa Problem With The Mystic Man / Canada Visa Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Problem by fiz007: 12:04am On Jan 04, 2010
Hi guys, i just received my visa letter from my chool and was planning on going o apply during d week, but i just heard on d new rule that uce got to have d tuition nd maintenance money in ur account or at latest 28 days. Was planning on using my father's account before, please is there any possible way of handling this, coz d start date of my course is jan 18th nd latest arrival date is 1st feb. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2010
if your father has ur name as part of the account holders u have no problem
other wise he could open a new account with the specified amount needed in your name while you contact your school and make them aware of the situation of things.
That said how long did you intend to wait before processing your visa better read as what have you been doing? the changes made to the visa process were made in the summer of 09. . .
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 6:07am On Jan 04, 2010
fiz007:

Hi guys, i just received my visa letter from my chool and was planning on going o apply during d week, but i just heard on d new rule that uce got to have d tuition nd maintenance money in your account or at latest 28 days. Was planning on using my father's account before, please is there any possible way of handling this, coz d start date of my course is jan 18th nd latest arrival date is 1st feb. Thanks

Its obvious that u failed to plan well, what visa letter did u recieve? Condition or unconditional letter?

Follow bluespice's advice about opening new account and contacting ur school for an extension.

N/B. . please make sure that ur school is registered with UK border agency cos there are many bogus colleges in the UK taking advantage of foreign students.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by fiz007: 7:24am On Jan 04, 2010
received unconditional offer at northumbria after paying initial 4000 pounds.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2010
fiz007:

received unconditional offer at northumbria after paying initial 4000 pounds.

Ok that is fine, its a good Uni, all u need to do now is to open an account and pay the remaining school fees and the maintenance money into it OR if ur dady's account got the required amount and hasn't been touched for 28days then u can use ur dady's account.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by fiz007: 9:15am On Jan 04, 2010
so u mean i can use my parent's account not necessarily mine??
i thought it was compulsory to have the account in my name?
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2010
fiz007:

so u mean i can use my parent's account not necessarily mine??
i thought it was compulsory to have the account in my name?

If ur dady is sponsoring u then u can use his account, he can write a sponsor's letter to accompany ur application too or u open an account with ur name then transfer the money. Have u writen ur school yet?
Re: Uk Visa Problem by joxiri: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
i t will be wise to include your birth certificate showing that your dad is your dad, or swear an affidavit
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
irrespective of if the dad is his sponsor, if he's above 18 years, the account HAS to be in his name
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
No need for birth certificate,

poster the best bet for you is to go on the uk visas website, every information you need is there
i got this from the website

Important for (General) Students and (Child) Students aged 16 or 17 years living independently

All applicants will need to produce a Visa Letter. It is important that this contains all of the mandatory information described in paragraph 87 of the Tier 4 Guidance. You should personally check that all of the required information has been completed by your education provider - otherwise your application will be refused!
[b]To qualify for Tier 4 of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have the tuition fees and funds to support yourself and any dependants. The maintenance amount for the main applicant is calculated at £800 per month if you intend to study in the Inner London Boroughs (see below), and £600 per month if you intend studying elsewhere. For courses of up to 9 months duration you will be required to show that you have the full tuition fee plus the appropriate monthly amount for each month you intend to be in the UK. On a course of more than 9 months you will be required to show that you have the first year of the tuition fees plus either £7200 or £5400 depending on whether you intend to study inside or outside of the Inner London Boroughs (see below). These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent(s) / legal guardians bank account for a minimum period of 28 days. The end of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements / other evidence.[/b]

The transitional arrangements that were in place allowing funds to be held on the date of application only will no longer apply to overseas applications made on or after 1 October.

any information you need can be gotten on the website
Re: Uk Visa Problem by fiz007: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Please guys d main question i want an answer to is is it possible to apply with my dad's account or must it be my own personal account??
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
fiz007:

Please guys d main question i want an answer to is is it possible to apply with my dad's account or must it be my own personal account??

These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent(s) / legal guardians bank account for a minimum period of 28 days.
Does that answer your question?
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
justwise:

These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent(s) / legal guardians bank account for a minimum period of 28 days.
Does that answer your question?

If your name is not reflected on the bank statement you provide irrespective of if it's your dad's it won't be valid
Re: Uk Visa Problem by boye1: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2010
You need to go open an account ASAP if u don't have one and dump the money there for 28days but i think that is really slim right now,But there is another way out you can as well pay all your tuition fee and accommodation fee and tell the school to send you a proof in regards to this.Doing that will make it better so all you need in your account after this is just the maintenance fund in your account.Do the maths School in London is 7,400 for accommodation and maintenance,Outside london is 5,400 for A and M so pay for accommodation and the remaining balance drop it in your account if you can.

But one more thing Pray well because a little bird told me that the UK and The US embassy are denying Visa big time right now cos of the issues on ground I don't really know how true that is though.

Am out "jumps the fence"
Re: Uk Visa Problem by funkybaby(f): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2010
bluespice:

If your name is not reflected on the bank statement you provide irrespective of if it's your dad's it won't be valid

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Visa Problem by funkybaby(f): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2010
A student using money held by his/her parents

If a student is relying on money held by his/her parents(s)/legal guardian, he/she must show that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian. Students must provide either
:

the student’s birth certificate showing names of his/her parent(s); or the student’s certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or a Court document naming the legal guardian of the student.

The document must be the original legal document or a notarised copy.

If a student is relying on money held by his/her parents(s)/legal guardian, he/she must also show that his/her parent(s)/legal guardian has given their permission for the student to use this money.

The students must provide:
i.a letter from his/her parent(s) or legal guardian.
The letter must confirm:
the relationship between the student and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian; and that the parent(s) or legal guardian have given their consent to the student using their funds to study in the UK

those applying for student visas should ALWAYS take time out to read the rules on the UKBA website.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2009/december/corrections-t4-policy-guidance

on the right hand side on the webpage above is a pdf file that states in full the student visa rules. It is 67 pages, so take time out to read the part that applies to you.

i would have uploaded the file. But its above 200kb which is over the nairaland upload limit. You can read from page 23. The part that says you can use your parent/guardian's bank statement is on page 27. The rules are being updated regularly. A particular rule that applied in September may have changed by December of the same year. So always take time out to read info on their website before applying.

Money that can be used
A student can use money held in an account owned by his/her parents. The student will need to show us evidence that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian and that the student has his/her parent(s)/legal guardian’s permission to use this money.

the darkened phrase above was quoted from page 23 from the same pdf file on the UKBA website.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2010
funkybaby:

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much. . .I thought i was the only one that noticed that.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by travelcare: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
Response conflict--
@ poster

The best bet is get to t he UKBA wesite for your querry and assimilate all the information thereof. The responses here will guide you, you'll know the correct one if you can comprehend the info given on the wbsite.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2010
justwise:

Thank you very much. . .I thought i was the only one that noticed that.
i went through the process last summer, i had to use my own account cos of the said reason.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by justwise(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2010
bluespice:

i went through the process last summer, i had to use my own account cos of the said reason.

Yes that is right and its also right that u can use your parents account, its the same surname, all u need to do is to attach birth certificate as a prove, your parents can attach sponsor's letter in support of the application.
Read your post of January 04, 2010, 05:12 PM where it says: If a student is relying on money held by his/her parents(s)/legal guardian, he/she must show that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian.  and it went on and said:
These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent(s) / legal guardians bank account for a minimum period of 28 days
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2010
only people 16/17 can use that clause

if you're over 18 you are seen as an adult
Re: Uk Visa Problem by flekan(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2010
bluespice:

only people 16/17 can use that clause

if you're over 18 you are seen as an adult

You are wrong! You can use your parents account even if you are over 18
Re: Uk Visa Problem by hadexman(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
flekan:

You are right grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa Problem by bluespice(f): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2010
flekan:

fair enough, when he gets his visa he can come tell us no?
Re: Uk Visa Problem by flekan(m): 12:07am On Jan 10, 2010
bluespice:

fair enough, when he gets his visa he can come tell us no?

Meaning? Used my parents account when I applied and I got it. So, quit arguing smiley
Re: Uk Visa Problem by funkybaby(f): 12:28am On Jan 10, 2010
flekan:

Meaning? Used my parents account when I applied and I got it. So, quit arguing smiley

Exactly!
I wonder why she is arguing blindly. Its best to advice on what you are sure about rather than defending what is not. [s]in my own opinion, it makes such individual appear silly[/s]. Better still, let others know that you are not sure of your facts, rather than going on and on.

Thats the reason why i posted links from the UKBA site to show the rules have changed.

As a matter of fact, the rules changed since september (late september) , cos during that period i kept regular tab on that website and i was aware of all updates.

Apparently, it seemed there had been complaints from parents/guardians about entrusting such lump sum of money (eg. 3 million naira), in their wards account for 28days (anything can go wrong), which was why the rule was modified.

Besides i know people that have applied after September that used their parents bank statement and they did get their student visas.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 10, 2010
Dude, I think the best option is to defer your admission.
This can be easily done. Call your University and tell 'em whatsup.

You don't want anything to stand in the way of not getting your visa.

I just learnt that if an application for visa is refused then the applicant is placed in a 'watch list'
Re: Uk Visa Problem by chika98: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2010
OMO IBO:

Dude, I think the best option is to defer your admission.
This can be easily done. Call your University and tell 'em whatsup.

You don't want anything to stand in the way of not getting your visa.

I just learnt that if an application for visa is refused then the applicant is placed in a 'watch list'

oh really? That is some crazy stuff
Re: Uk Visa Problem by joxiri: 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2010
refused applicants are only placed on a watch list if they have been deceitful or used fraudulent document.
you will not be placed on a watch list if for instance you did not have sufficient funds
Re: Uk Visa Problem by NordicRace: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2010
refused applicants are only placed on a watch list if they have been deceitful or used fraudulent document.
you will not be placed on a watch list if for instance you did not have sufficient funds

Not true, all refusals are placed on a watch list. You must always tell them if you have ben refused as they cross check any new applictions on this list and they will refuse you if you do not tell them that you have been refused before.
Re: Uk Visa Problem by flekan(m): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2010
NordicRace:

Not true, all refusals are placed on a watch list. You must always tell them if you have ben refused as they cross check any new applictions on this list and they will refuse you if you do not tell them that you have been refused before.

Agreed! But being on their watch list doesn't mean you will be refused the next time you apply. As long as you submit a genuine application
Re: Uk Visa Problem by IykeD(m): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2010
Thanks guys, i have read and learnt a lot from your posts.I will be asking questions as i move on as i plan applying for a Uk visa this year for my masters degree by God's grace.

(1) (2)

Nigerians In Bucharest Romania Share Your Stories / Assistance In Croatia / 10 Most Powerful Passports In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.