|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,965,189 members, 7,196,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 December 2022 at 09:46 PM
After NYSC, What's Next?- Category Of People Who Got Richer During This Lockdown / Help! How Do I Reply My Notification Of Termination Letter? / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply (2) (3) (4)
|My Reply To :after NYSC What's Next by Awafarms1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2017|
Sitting in my room after a stressful day and decided to take a break in my own words *nairalanding* with a bowl of garri and ekpa as some of us will do. Then I saw this thought provoking and realitistic topic of yours.
Wow, many of us have been and are still in this stage of yours, so I decided to sacrifice my garri and ekpa to quickly reply your topic hoping it gets to front page. *coughs*
In the year 2011/12, I had my NYSC and was posted to a good company in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state where I was given a room and paid well. I worked my ass off from 8am-12am hoping I will be retained. I worked so hard today, I weep because my mum was ill and passed on but never had the chance to even see her while in the hospital.
Note: None of us were retained because no reference letter from Oga at the top.
After service I applied to everywhere and I remember I passed a test where I was congratulated. The list got to abuja and names were changed.
Now I am writing to you on how i am surviving. This is my answer to your thread and topic *what next after NYSC*
1. I realized I am solely responsible for my success and failures in life.
2. I have no one to give me a job because even that person has a family.
3. Be real and not live a fake life. This will make you attract real friends who likes you for who you are.
4. I relocated to a rural area where feeding, rent, and life is far cheaper.
5. I went into foods. Reselling of food items eg palm oil, plantain, cocoa yam. I buy from the native women and resell at Lagos markets,
6. Started snail farming(also peppered snails) and I have been surviving and do you know the number of hotels, lounges, in Lagos?
7. I set a plan for my life, living below my income, and a cheap and low cost/maintenance area, I have made real friends.
8. Finally I hold my family close because your family is all you have.
Finally learn from every stage in your life because these stages have lessons to help you pass these exam called LIFE.
This is my letter to you. Bless you.
|Re: My Reply To :after NYSC What's Next by generalbush(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2017|
My simple reply is....
The world is going digital...
Millionaires are springing up from the ICT sector!
Learn an ICT course and become a pro... If after 3 months you don't get a job, come back and I pay you the money you used to learn!!
|Re: My Reply To :after NYSC What's Next by Awafarms1(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2017|
I know there are So many sectors you can learn a skill in and grow from apart from agriculture. Thanks for the ICT info. The problem is information. That's why I added engaging yourself with productive programmes.
Thanks @ general bush.
|Re: My Reply To :after NYSC What's Next by Awafarms1(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2017|
I know there are So many sectors you can learn a skill in and grow from apart from agriculture. Thanks for the ICT info. The problem is information. That's why I added searching and engaging yourself with productive programmes in this era where mediocrity rules.
Thanks @ general bush.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45