Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy (29331 Views)

Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by kennethbetha: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2017
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has suspended its earlier directive on the implementation of cashless policy.

In a circular released on Friday, the apex bank instructed banks to revert to old charges and refund customers who had been debited.

CBN had earlier announced new charges on deposit and withdrawals above a threshold of N500,000.

The apex bank had directed banks to charge 5% and 10% for deposits and withdrawals above N40m in the corporate category.

The bank had fixed 1.5% and 2% for deposits ranging from N500,000 and N1 million in the individual category.

But in the circular signed by Dipo Fatokun, director, banking and payments system department, CBN said the existing policy before the announcement of the new policy shall remain in place in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Abia, Anambra, Rivers and Abuja.

“You will recall that a directive was issued on the nationwide implementation of the cashless policy vide our circulars with reference numbers BPS/DIR/GEN/CIR/04/001 dated February 21 and BPS/DIR/GEN/CIR/04/002 dated March 16,” the circular read.

“Please note that the new withdrawal and deposit processing fee charges above the threshold, as contained in the circulars referenced above, are hereby suspended until further notice. The position of the policy shall now revert to the status quo ante.”

The old charges to be reverted to 3% processing fee for withdrawals above N500,000 in the individual category and 5% for withdrawals above N3 million.

“The new policy already applied effective April 1, 2017 as contained in the circulars in reference above should be reversed and the old charges be applied. All necessary refunds should be made accordingly.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-reverses-cashless-policy

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Adesiji77: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
CBN and policy reversals....

cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-reverses-cashless-policy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by smartty68(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Without saying much and even though our policies are epileptic...

What Nigerians are longing to hear is how the Naira strengthens against the dollar - #200 or less to a dollar...

Abi the guys below don't agree on the same thing?

Like if you Agree,
Share if you disagree

grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by absoluteSuccess: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Right step forward,

We already have enough 'policies' that can deliver this country from the woods since inception, what we need is result.

If the policy fails, don't just change the policy, change the mindset if you won't change the policymakers.

Good grades poor results is the in-thing with our policymakers. The english is always good but the result, not often lofty.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by ninocia18(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ok
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by dhope001(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Better
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Suntemi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
CBN and trail & error. Hmmm
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by admax(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
One of the best news I have received today!

I was at a bank today telling a cashier that the policy is affecting the wrong sets of people.

The guys CBN were targeting have ATM machines in their houses. They have millions of Dollars in cash at home so they don't need banks!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Standardcosting(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeria has always been a nation without direction.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by adenine02: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
it shall be well with Nigeria

enemy's of Nigeria should just

4 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by routik(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
I am not surprised. I keep saying it that Nigeria is not yet ready for this cashless policy. We are still very much a cash based economy.
And until the queues at the ATM disappears, we are not read.

Oya @GT Bank quickly refund my over N11,000 as instructed by CBN!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by siraj1402(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
I don't have any issue with their suspension, let the new one be better than the suspended one.

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by panasharp(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
I wonder why such a wicked policy in the ist place , I understand for withdrawals buh definitely not for deposits

4 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Lexit: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
This one strong o! Very inconsistent people in this government.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Rich4god(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
I no it won't last long..... The policy is coming at the wrong time...
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by GlassDoc: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Government of experiments..

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by czaratwork: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
That Emiefele is so scared for his job.
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by timilehing(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Deluded people
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by lilfreezy: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
ooooo ooh which kind useless government be this sef

6 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Articul8(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Trial and error
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by sniperr007(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Cbn.... Led by confused pple Wu r short sighted.
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by madgoat(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I am a retard

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by gurunlocker: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeria is never ready for the policy, I know it won't be long for them to suspend it.
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by konfused: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Who can do a dissecting analysis of the states this cash-less policy is to be still maintained. What's the common denominator
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by eleojo23: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
I have not seen a more confused government than this in my life.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by shadfoye: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ok gud thinking in right direction
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
clueless FG, Clueless CBN, policy upon policies..... nothing to show!

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by samtin(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Who dem epp with their cashless policy? Is it mama nkechi that needs cash payment for her akara that you bought.
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by SalamRushdie: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
We told them it was short sighted but zombies here argued otherwise, I think it's time for Emefiele to be sent packing

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by Goldenheart(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is bul-sit

"in osogbo voice"
Re: CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy by routik(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
panasharp:
I wonder why such a wicked policy in the ist place , I understand for withdrawals buh definitely not for deposits

Despite all I did to escape being a victim of this policy, The cash deposits I did during the Easter break(450k & 501K on Saturday & Sunday respectively) at GT Banks' e-branch was summed up as one on Tuesday 18th April. And I was charged as if I deposited the sum total that same day. When I chatted with the CS on their website, i was informed that since I did the transaction during the holiday (which is not a working day), it was carried over to Tuesday.

God don catch them. I will be waiting for a refund alert.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jim Ovia Earns N1.52 Billion As Top Bank Chiefs Earn N2.3bn In Interim Dividend / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / Brief Profile Of The New Board Members Of Etisalat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.