Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us (622 Views)

Securing A 2nd Term In Office Is No Longer A Birth Right – Obasanjo Tells Buhari / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US / Reps Move To Criminalise Late, Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us by r231(m): 5:44am On Jan 04, 2010
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta
Monday, January 4, 2010

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday cautioned the United States Government not to criminalise other Nigerians over the unsuccessful attempt by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab to bomb a passenger plane last Christmas Day.

Obasanjo fielded questions from journalists shortly after a church service held at the Chapel of Christ The Glorious King located within the complex of the Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Ogun State capital.
The former president who is the founder of the church had earlier in his sermon noted that if not for God’s love for Nigeria, the country would have ceased to exist.

His words: “Let 2010 be a year of fulfilment for Nigeria, we shall continue to pray for Nigeria, if not for God, Nigeria would have cease to exist. Let us continue to pray, to make the country, great country in Africa.”

On Abdulmuttallab’s suicide attempt, Obasanjo said the unfortunate incident should not be used to judge Nigerians.
While sympathising with the parents of the boy, the former president lamented that such was coming from the father of a child who he described as specimen of a good man.
His words ‘Well, my reaction is that he should not be used as a standard to judge Nigerians or in fact to criminalize all Nigerians.

“I sympathize with his father, particularly, and his family; because I know the father very well. His father is what I will call specimen of a good man; he’s a gentleman and who wants the best for his children.”
“Obasanjo urged Nigerians to see the unfortunate incident as an aberration, particularly for a larger family, adding that one cannot rule out a defiant in a family of such size.

“This one should be an aberration, in any large family, you have defiant children. He just turned out to be that. With that, it’s a pity and also, it’s a good lesson for all parents and all children. If as a child you do not listen to your parents, anything can happen,” he cautioned.
Re: Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us by SEFAGO(m): 5:47am On Jan 04, 2010
god bless pastor obasanjo
Re: Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us by egin(m): 6:15am On Jan 04, 2010
Obasanjo a pastor? This is the equivalent of a devil on the pulpit.
I think everybody is crazy in this country called Nigeria.
Re: Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us by vigasimple(m): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2010
Guys, hate him, loathe or love him, OBJ is propably still better than all those our brothers up North.

He made several mistakes as A President, did not fit electrcity, other infrastuctures. third term saga and handing over to northern clueless person.

On the good side he paid off our national debt of nearly $30billion dollars and left $50 Billion Dollars in reserve. NEVER TOOK HOLIDAYS IN HIS 8 YEARS IN OFFICE OR WENT TO ANY FOREIGN HOSPITAL EITHER TO VISIT THEM OR OPEN A NEW SCHOOL.

Now, can you see how is dealing with issue YAR A'FAILURE should be on Air bating for Nigeria and Nigerians, because Mutallab is clearly an aberration, a misfit, infact his action is unNigerian.

A good leader must be sounding well to the world about his people even if they are the worst.

Question: where is our C-I-C , Mr. President YAR A'DO NOTHING.  He cannot even speak up to defend our Name, Nigerian name which he took oath to defend.

The Man is dead since he didn't even Know and did not comment on a very serious world affairs involving his own citizen that is bringing 140 million others to disrepute.

HE SHOULD JUST BE BURIED IN SAUDI WHERE HE HAS GONE WASTE NIGERIAS MONEY
Re: Terror Attack: Don’t Criminalise Nigerians, Obasanjo Tells Us by netpro(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2010
Why does it took him so long to respond. And what does he have to say about leadership in Nigeria. I hope all still dey kamkpe!

(1) (Reply)

I Guess This Is What They Call 'homesickness' / North Becoming Nigeria’s Problem – Acf Chieftain / How Do You Barack Obama Presidency Gonna Be At The End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.