Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) (72766 Views)

Disgusting Video Of Sewage Disposal In Mexican Beach Resort Sparks Outrage / Painting Of Donald Trump Kissing Pope Francis (Photos) / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Neddyogu(m): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:
I am surprised that the same group of hypocrites who say that art is self-expression would find an art oeuvre distasteful. I do not see it as anything distasteful. Humans have painted images they claim to represent God in very offensive manners but people tend to ignore. Poor citizens have been painted in all manners and no one says anything. Children have been painted nude and Africans have been painted in very horrendous and offensive manners but people tend to ignore. This crazy cherrypicking of special individuals is insane. Mandela is nothing better than the ordinary man in the streets. He is dead and this reverence for a dead man is pure madness.
If you let the artist take advantage of the common man and you term it self-expression, then let all artists enjoy their freedom to explore and express their creativity to the fullest.

I bet you couldn't be half the man Mandela was even in a million lifetimes. How would you feel if your father were to be so grossly depicted all in the name of art and freedom? Grow some brains

1 Like

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by seguno2: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
veekid:
Arrest that guy immediately

.... and release sexual predator Omotosho immediately abi?
Perverts everywhere.
Omotosho must wish that he is in Nigeria where pastors whose negligence killed people are allowed to walk free while the 200 million mumus praise the governors and LGA Chairmen who deprive them of basic amenities and owe salaries and pensions for several months and years.
We are our own worst enemies.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by adontcare(f): 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
Mandela could be gay considering d number of years in prison especially where gay activities are common. He couldn't stand his wife after released. He also was not in any relationship with ladies. But d public art describing him is barbaric.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Bankbio(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
osmodes:

wah is this one saying?
u no the name @weedtheweed he is definitely high
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by jeroncomputers(m): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Alexrayz:

Since they said art always have an inner meaning maybe this art mean something entirely different from wat we seeing so u need to be in d same inspiration d artist was before judging
Maybe or maybe not
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by omerta07(m): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is an outright desecration of mother Africa. Mandela is a personality when it comes the african struggle for emancipation. why depict him in this manner Freedom of expression my foot. The artist deserves to be designed with an axe!

1 Like

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by omerta07(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
adontcare:
Mandela could be gay considering d number of years in prison especially where gay activities are common. He couldn't stand his wife after released. He also was not in any relationship with ladies. But d public art describing him is barbaric.

Did you read the trash you just posted??

3 Likes

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
seguno2:

Offensive to who?
you don't find it offensive? a public sexual expression of a prominent figure?

1 Like

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by carammel(f): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
What is my business with South Africa?
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
Your art work
Their problem
Your problem dey for your country
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by diablos: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
Both Zulus Jacob Zuma and Nelson Mandela (Madiba) can go fvck themselves anally!...thats what d artist depicted grin
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by adontcare(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
omerta07:

undecided
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by engrchykae(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
the west are still trying to sell the idea of gay marriage to us.sharia police need to drill him and make him confess who is behind his abominable painting.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by daniecrown06(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
South Africans should deal with their problems,what's our business, after all Nigerians are their bane #saynotoxenophobia
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by weedtheweeds: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
Mandela did not create the world or did he channel a river bro. Great men have lived and died and forgotten. I am alive and Mandela isn't. There is no difference between Mandela and anyone else. I do not revere dead men and I also do not support morally degrading artwork. My point remains steady and I am not here to compete with a dead man, bro. Do not disapprove something evil because someone popular or revered is involved. Let it be a generic reaction.
Neddyogu:

I bet you couldn't be half the man Mandela was even in a million lifetimes. How would you feel if your father were to be so grossly depicted all in the name of art and freedom? Grow some brains
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by dragonking2: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
seguno2:

.... and release sexual predator Omotosho immediately abi?
Perverts everywhere.
Omotosho must wish that he is in Nigeria where pastors whose negligence killed people are allowed to walk free while the 200 million mumus praise the governors and LGA Chairmen who deprive them of basic amenities and owe salaries and pensions for several months and years.
We are our own worst enemies.
What exactly does Nigeria pastor have to do with this painting?
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Batiatus77(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ars longa, vita brevi...!
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
Unbelievable
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Goodlyhrt(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
Cmoyor:
try dat in Nigeria.... case closed
Let him try that and name one Moha just Moha
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by sisisioge: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Totally distasteful work from an Eediot! The moraforker should go and sit on his Gramma's laps to hear some stories about the past and those that championed the race in SA. He might learn a thing or two about respect.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Celcius: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
I can mame that guy for this.
Really? Defamation of a world acclaimed legend & Icon of peace for attention or what?
There's no freedom of whatever here. He should be prosecuted.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:
I am surprised that the same group of hypocrites who say that art is self-expression would find an art oeuvre distasteful. I do not see it as anything distasteful. Humans have painted images they claim to represent God in very offensive manners but people tend to ignore. Poor citizens have been painted in all manners and no one says anything. Children have been painted nude and Africans have been painted in very horrendous and offensive manners but people tend to ignore. This crazy cherrypicking of special individuals is insane. Mandela is nothing better than the ordinary man in the streets. He is dead and this reverence for a dead man is pure madness.
If you let the artist take advantage of the common man and you term it self-expression, then let all artists enjoy their freedom to explore and express their creativity to the fullest.

I will be personal: you're bonkers.
You and all the people upvoting your trash. It is obvious you have a brain but do not think

First, people have all through history made offensive depictions but other people have opposed them and called them out. When people have painted nude children in an offensive way, right thinking people have objected

Mandela is not an ordinary man you dummy.
He is a symbol, an icon, a revolutionary and probably the greatest black man who has ever lived, certainly the greatest born in the 20th century.
He gave up his freedom and life of ease to liberate ALL black people not just South Africans. To smear his name as you and that bastard 'artist' are doing is the height of irresponsibility , ingratitude and ignorance.

In America, dare you talk as you have done against George Washington? In the UK do you dare slander the memory of Churchill or Wellington? Can a Chinese person do this to chairman Mao?

Because Africans like you ignore history and the works of our ancestors, and are disdainful of their sacrifice and accomplishments, we have remained the most backward race in some cases little better than apes. You are an example.

Mandela dead is better than you alive.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by agrovick(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is 50 shades of sick
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
adontcare:

Please keep quiet.
Perhaps you will be gay if placed in prison but that doesnt go for every one.

Mandela was in solitary confinement for 18 + years and restricted access for the rest of the time.

Was he gay with your father?

Go and read your history

1 Like

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by loomer: 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:

Until them draw ur papa dey Bleep dog na that time u go know say some artworks dey offensive.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
omerta07:

She's a waste of oxygen.
I'm off to code my own forum - one of its features will be a downvote button so that trash like what she wrote will be invisible.
NL needs some competition

1 Like

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by eternalcity(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
We must realise that other people too have rights. So if in the cause of expressing his greedy, he infringes on another man's right, he should be properly dealt with.

Make him come try this one for Nigeria see na
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by ephi123(f): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
Very disrespectful.

They should continue hiding under "art". Art indeed.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Taiwojolly(m): 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
South African artist Ayanda Mabulu is trending on Twitter as people there react to his latest controversial art work showing President Jacob Zuma having sex with Nelson Mandela. The Nelson Mandela Foundation has issued a statement saying that though it respects the right to freedom of expression it finds the "painting distasteful".

The governing ANC says it finds the work "grotesque, inflammatory and of bad taste - but the party also defends the right for the artist to express himself.

Mabulu has in the past drawn a number of pictures showing the president in sexually explicit positions.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/outrage-sparked-over-painting.html

nothing interests me about south Africa with Xenophobic attitude
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by weedtheweeds: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Civilisation left you behind the frame of your own ignorance. You do not merit a brain, to begin with. If you argue that Mandela was the greatest black man born in the 20th century. Kindly check your calendar, Sir! We do not live in the 20th century. Mandela does not contribute to the Nigerian economy. He is dead and will be forgotten like his predecessors. Life did not begin in the 20th century. Great men have lived and passed away and if you are still worshipping a rotten carcass, then let me have my own opinion. you cannot cage my thought the way you cage your family and your entire folks. I will speak my mind and you cannot stop me from having an opinion contrary to yours. Mandela did not fight for my freedom. Mandela did not fight for Nigerian Independence. You have no regard for men who actually fought for you and your fathers but you are engulfed by the aura of a dead man whose image is enlarged to profit the media. You do not know history, bro. Mandela is not ranked among the top greatest men who have lived in this world.
You promised to be personal, but you only purged the runnel in your mind and I am larger than that. Mandela dead is better than me alive! Well, let us check the fact in his own beloved country. He has been reduced to a bland object of caricature by his own people. Dig that! You can say whatever you want but the world does not revolve around you and your opinions are only heard here on Nairaland. If you check my comment, you will see that the people who liked it are few intellectuals who understand the deep reasoning. You are just a garbage recess full of smattering knowledge about mature subjects. You got no chest. Farewell!
IamaNigerianGuy:

I will be personal: you're bonkers.
You and all the people upvoting your trash. It is obvious you have a brain but do not think

First, people have all through history made offensive depictions but other people have opposed them and called them out. When people have painted nude children in an offensive way, right thinking people have objected

Mandela is not an ordinary man you dummy.
He is a symbol, an icon, a revolutionary and probably the greatest black man who has ever lived, certainly the greatest born in the 20th century.
He gave up his freedom and life of ease to liberate ALL black people not just South Africans. To smear his name as you and that bastard 'artist' are doing is the height of irresponsibility , ingratitude and ignorance.

In America, dare you talk as you have done against George Washington? In the UK do you dare slander the memory of Churchill or Wellington? Can a Chinese person do this to chairman Mao?

Because Africans like you ignore history and the works of our ancestors, and are disdainful of their sacrifice and accomplishments, we have remained the most backward race in some cases little better than apes. You are an example.

Mandela dead is better than you alive.

Nonsense.
Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by Ejjis(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
haa

Re: Ayanda Mabulu's Painting Of Mandela & Zuma Having Sex Causes Outrage (Pics) by konfused: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:

Then why not commission a painting of you having sex let's see how it will look like.....

Hypocrite indeed, kam nu ife biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Art Acevedo To Donald Trump: Keep Your Mouth Shut / UK Police Mock Gangster Twins Showing How They Will Look When They Leave Jail / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.