Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. (15429 Views)

Ruling On Using Drugs (marijuana) To Ease Pain / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Ruling On Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by adejaresalami1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
Firstly:
Is Khamr unclean, or not?

On this question, scholars have differed…most of them say that the alcohol is physically impure, meaning that if it is spilt on the clothing or the body, it must be purified.

There are also among the scholars those who say that alcohol is not physically impure, because physical impurity is a legal ruling, which requires evidence, and there is no evidence of that. And if it is not confirmed by legal evidence that alcohol is impure, then fundamentally, it is pure. Some may say that the evidence is in the Book of Allaah, the Most High:

"O you who believe! Khamr (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al­-Ansaab, and Al­-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are Rijs of Shaitaan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful." [Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:90]

And Rijs means filth, as Allaah, the Most High says:

"Say (O Muhammad): "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is impure, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah."" [Surah al-An'am 6:145]

That is, the above mentioned foods, the Maitah, pork or blood poured forth are all Rijs, meaning unclean. And the evidence that Rijs here means unclean is the saying of the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam) concerning the skin of the dead animal, that water purifies it, so his saying: “It purifies it” is a proof that it was unclean, and this is something well known to the scholars. But it may be said in reply to this that what is meant by Rijs here is spiritual unlceanness, not physical uncleanness, of which is the Words of Allaah, the Most High:

"Rijs of Shaitaan's (Satan) handiwork." [Surah al-Ma'idah 5:90]

Additional evidence is the fact that gambling, Al-Ansab and Al-Azlam are not physically unclean, and the description (Rijs) here is all four: alcoholic drinks, gambling Al-Ansab and Al-Azlam… and if the description applies to all four of these things, then the ruling on all of them is the same.

Also, those who say that alcohol is not physically unclean have another proof from the Sunnah, which is that when the prohibition of alcoholic drinks was revealed, the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam) did not order the vessel to be washed clean of it. Likewise, the Companions emptied them out in the markets, and if it was unclean, they would not have emptied them out in the markets, because that would necessitate pollution being spread throughout them.

Secondly:
Since it is clear that the Khamr is not physically unclean - and that is the most authoritative saying in my opinion – then alcohol is not physically impure, but spiritually impure, because the alcohol which inebriates is Khamr, according to the words of the Prohpet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam):

“Everything which inebriates is Khamr.”

And if it is Khamr, then its use as a beverage or a food , by being mixed with certain food to give flavour to it is clearly forbidden by the Book and agreement of the Scholars. But as for use for other things, such as cleansing bacteria and the like, it is a matter of opinion, and whoever avoids it is more prudent… but I cannot say that it is forbidden, though I do not use it myself, except when necessary, such as sterilising wounds and such likes.

And Allah knows best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by maclatunji: 8:06am On Apr 27, 2017
JazakumLlahu khayra.

3 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by CagedSoul: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
This is a beautiful article

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by kamilous(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2017
JAZAKALAHU KHAIRAN.a very good piece,and there is no dispute that alcohol is forbideen.
bt in ur last paragraph,anyting dat containg alcohol either a beverage or any consumable tin is forbideen,but wat about the medicine we are using coz i learnt that a little % of it is added to preserve it?

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by sokul: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2017
grin
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by SwillG: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2017
Movingcoil:
The alcohol is prohibited in Islam but these guys can chew tramadol 1000mg like tiger nut no wonder they trek more than dinosaurs.
Funny enough they don't have specific brand, they take just about anything that makes them high...

12 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by GeneralOjukwu: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2017
WOW.... i am a perfume addict with 60+ perfumes... cry cry cry

It doesn't intoxicate me, so why can't i use it?

Academic curiosity oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by SwillG: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Na still them them dey sell aboki perfume wey contains 99% of alcohol...

7 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Laple0541(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2017
SwillG:

Don't mind them... That's just what they know how to do and if you call them cultist they'll begin to wail... Because I don't see why you must swear on Muslim threads... SMH

MAD fellow, kill yourself on top other people's religion, must you comment on their posts? WEERE.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Oches4me(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2017
SwillG:

Funny enough they don't have specific brand, they take just about anything that makes them high...
I now reason why ur mother, women take alcohol as their likes, Muslim don't consume alcohol BT their can used it for perfume and other things.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by oweniwe(m): 10:43am On Apr 28, 2017
Why are some ppl still giving themselves headache over crude jargons written 30,000 years ago?

it is good and okay to have principles & beliefs .....

but living EVERYDAY LIFE in 2017 based on stuffs written by people riding chariots ...

people who don't even know what a bicycle is ....

it doesn't make sense...

If those people were alive today... if you consider all the senseless and brutal wars they fought in their days .... they'll do worse than us.

It doesn't make sense living EVERYDAY LIFE based on what those people wrote.

no offense meant smiley

11 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2017
SwillG:

I jam them one morning wey I wan go buy kwilikwili and dabino, that place na in front of their central mosque in umuahia. Though those ones are friendly and I enjoyed their company .
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Adecks01(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2017
Story for the ghost by unGodly
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by mekleelex200(m): 11:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Movingcoil:

I jam them one morning wey I wan go buy kwilikwili and dabino, that place na in front of their central mosque in umuahia. Though those ones are friendly and I enjoyed their company .
All this Muslim have been deceiving themselves since ages them tell dem not to take alcohol but they can take drugs for Africa (don't know that alcohol is a constituent of most drugs), them also use perfume/body spray (with loads of alcohol) what a pity. I serve in the North, if you see how the Muslim secretly consume alcohol them say is haram u will shake ur head. Let's tell ourselves the truth "if the truth said the youth can grow they will learn how to survive until they take control read more (not too much religious books), learn more change the globe-NAS".

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by BabaAlaji(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2017
JazakaAllah bil Jannah yaa Sheikh.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by CagedSoul: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2017
oweniwe:
Why are some ppl still giving themselves headache over crude jargons written 30,000 years ago?

it doesn't make sense...

no offense meant smiley
it's not like those "crude jargons written 30,000 years ago" are forced on ur foolish self. Are they?

No offense meant smiley

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
SwillG:

As in.. No mind dem. dose abokis dey drink gum sef.

I have a problem with all religious extremists (both christains and muslims). They are all hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by Angeleyez0811(m): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
mekleelex200:

All this Muslim have been deceiving themselves since ages them tell dem not to take alcohol but they can take drugs for Africa (don't know that alcohol is a constituent of most drugs), them also use perfume/body spray (with loads of alcohol) what a pity. I serve in the North, if you see how the Muslim secretly consume alcohol them say is haram u will shake ur head. Let's tell ourselves the truth "if the truth said the youth can grow they will learn how to survive until they take control read more (not too much religious books), learn more change the globe-NAS".
Thank God u said 'secretly consume', thats to show it is prohibited in Islam and besides, just like other human beings, muslims are not created to follow every rules and regulations by default. we still have the freedom to choose whatever we wanna do anyways, but these laid down rules are just there to guide us. and if u are a christian, u cant tell me u follow the 10 commandments absolutely.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by domack99(m): 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Angeleyez0811:

Thank God u said 'secretly consume', thats to show it is prohibited in Islam and besides, just like other human beings, muslims are not created to follow every rules and regulations by default. we still have the freedom to choose whatever we wanna do anyways, but these laid down rules are just there to guide us. and if u are a christian, u cant tell me u follow the 10 commandments absolutely.

Gbam! Nice response

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by GaniLAb(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Alhamdulillah I am a muslim.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by JFT24(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
mekleelex200:

And who told you all those things you mentioned aren't forbidden. Because you see them taking it doesn't mean islam allows it. Islam forbids anything that can intoxicate you. do research people.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by mekleelex200(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
Angeleyez0811:

But don't you think time will come when people will be bold about it, because what I have seen so far the trend is high. Just like when computer and television came to lime light this religion leaders spoke against it backup their information with reference in the Holy book but the rest is now history.
Note: You said 'was created' thank God you did not say sent directly from God from heaven.
Re: The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. by SwillG: 10:30am On May 01, 2017
Oches4me:
I now reason why ur mother, women take alcohol as their likes, Muslim don't consume alcohol BT their can used it for perfume and other things.
https://www.nairaland.com/3772581/saudi-arabia-execute-atheist-insulting

Religion of peace indeed...

As for the mod that banned me I don't give a bleep about you... You can go ahead and banned me for all I care because wickedness/rudeness is inborn in you - truth be told Islam is violence...

We're all entitled to our opinions - freedom of speech...

Go ahead and ban me I dare you...

(1) (Reply)

Ruling On Using Drugs (marijuana) To Ease Pain / Before The Media Set The Nation On The Path Of Religious War: MSSN / The Best Way Of Earning A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.