Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. (868 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by domwas2(m): 9:57am On Jan 04, 2010
I got a letter from my landlady on the month of June, 2009 asking me to quite the building on December, 2009. The exact month my rent is to due in order for her to convert the building to self contain.
January 2010, they keep disturbing me now. In Lagos, is the law on my side staying additional 1 or 2 months? Or I have no case please I need your advice.
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by domwas2(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
Lawyers in the house and experience citizen pls helep me o,
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by akinbola2: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2010
By law u have 3months opportunity to stay 4rm ur date of payment expiry if u ve not gotten a house yet,den after u can be pushed out anyhow but in case she goes to court or tribunal,they will still tell her to give u at least 3 months,after all u ve been a good tenant paying ur dues and rent b4. So d court will tell her a friend in need is a friend indeed. Note dat no landlord have d right to displace ur load except by court order after 3 months.i wil advice u pack b4 3months dat could be given, stay blessed.
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by Tudor6(f): 2:25am On Jan 05, 2010
But the guy was given 6 months notice in june 09, isn't that legally enough to evict him?
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by akinbola2: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2010
@ Tudor. Notice does not warrant eviction,eviction period starts from the day ur money expires which is 3months.D landlord knows what they re doing cos d 3months is a shortage on their side.@OP enjoy ur house.
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by Benniewank(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2010
@domwas2. Pls do not be misguided. 6 mths notice is what is required by law for yrly tenants and that was what ur landlady employed (smart woman). u dont hav a case in court, should u be charged to court. The only thing u hav now is to be humble and plead with her to give u some time to move. It also depends on her good temperance to agree or not. You are as good as a 'tenant at will' now. U better hurry to avoid embarassment. Cheers!
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by domwas2(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2010
Benniewank:

@domwas2. Pls do not be misguided. 6 mths notice is what is required by law for yrly tenants and that was what your landlady employed (smart woman). u dont hav a case in court, should u be charged to court. The only thing u hav now is to be humble and plead with her to give u some time to move. It also depends on her good temperance to agree or not. You are as good as a 'tenant at will' now. U better hurry to avoid embarassment. Cheers!
thanks benni, i'd be packing tomorrow,anyway i'm tired of the place thanks one again
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by invisible2(m): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
Pack oooo! Some area boys wey dey shack igbo dey find work to do!
Re: My Landlady Want Me Out The Exact Month Rent Due, Do I Have A Case Pls Advice. by domwas2(m): 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
invisible!:

Pack oooo! Some area boys wey dey shack igbo dey find work to do!
must u comment if u got nothing to say, asshole

(1) (Reply)

10 Plots Of Land At Victory Park Estate And Other Exciting Properties For Sale / 5bdrm Manssionate With S/p Marble,new For Sale @ Ikoyi: 150million / For Sale: Parcel Of Land 1,034.60 Sq.m At Kay Farm Estate =n=10m Asking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.