Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference (12364 Views)

Man Diesel N 911 For Sale / 1988 Mack Truck Head(rd MODEL,DOUBLE AXLES) 4sale@3.5m / Mack Truck With Cat Engine 3406 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by bafams: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2010
pls house,what difference exist btw a MAN diesel truck and a mack truck.also like what range of price can i get a 30 tonnage MAN diesel.
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
MACK you are usually selling here are one sided tippers or dumper trucks. MAN is in 99% three sided tipper ( you can take off material on left, right and back side) and its nhot any make tipper but best guality MEILLER tipper.

Most MACKs dont have auxiliary drive (i call front drive or AWD as it is on cars), MAN very often have it. That is VERY important especially when truck is empty and if you wish to work whole year on bad roads. Ofcours no drive will help you if you ghet your truck inside some deep mud.

No tipper truck has MAN and MB guallity, eitherr MACK, IVECO, DAF, VOLVO and couse of that MAN and MB are 20-30% more expencive, especially used ones.

MAN and MB are usually using standard axles (euro axles) and gearboxes (usually ZF gearbox). What i mean-if you brake it you can easilly find it used on comparable MAN or MB, they are the same. Those parts have TOP guality, its really nhot easy to break it.

As ewrithing American Macks need more fuel than MAN, its like comparing Chrysler and VW especially in those modells before 80is.
Now MACK puts RENAULT engines inside. In Europe no one except Franch drives RENAULT tippers. Dont know why.

Look at this link, its nhot representative for those used trucks we are talking abought but there is a reason why MACKS is driven mostly in America and Australia and MAN and MB from Afganistan to Brazil and South Africa.

[b]Heavy-Duty Engine Reliability Increases: Mercedes On Top, Mack On The Bottom[/b]http://www.thetruckersreport.com/heavy-duty-engine-reliability-increases-mercedes-on-top-mack-on-the-bottom/
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2010
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by FLT123(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Folks,

New Mack are not as good as newer MAN but older Mack has no competitor in the world, especially the R model. The reason is simple,, everything is mechanical. The reason you have a lot of MAN in Nigeria is because we've been under European influence for quite some time and the reason you see a lot more Mack in Nigeria now is that the USD has fallen relatively against EUR and other currrencies, so it is cheaper to import them to Nigeria.

Period!

1 Like

Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by BY(m): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
can anybody in house get me the price of Mack Tipper R model 1986, 20 ton. in Nigeria currency. Thanks
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by FLT123(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
I actually have 2 of such in clearing right now. What is your # and I will call you
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by BY(m): 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Actually i have it for sales. I just want to know the asking price in Nigeria.
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by LuniyiGlo(m): 12:58am On Jan 19, 2010
@ EU Trucks

I wish I had more time to debate/refute your premise line by line, but I will simply say this regarding your Auxiliary statement, I have 10 Mack tippers at my office and half of them are twin stick tranny Auxiliary gear tippers. Even if you used the word MORE instead of MOST your argument would have lent way to more creditability but it’s obvious your response has an agenda/motive. I don’t know a lot about MANs or INVECOs expect for the fact that we don’t have them in the U.S. Having said that, your answer is clearly bias with little objective arguments for either truck as the original poster didn’t ask which of the two were better, he merely asked what their differences are. I know is kind rough selling trucks to Nigerians all the way from Europe but that shouldn’t be the cause of bad-mouthing Mack trucks. cool

@poster
The comment about the R Model made by FLT123 (about mechanical being better) seems to be the consensus feeling among a lot of Naija mechanics that’s why the R Model tippers is prominent is a lot of sectors in Nigeria (apart from the fact that the spring suspension is less expensive to maintain than air suspension). There is a saying in the U.S. that “the day the world ends you would probably still see someone driving an old R Model”. Having stated this, I can’t objectively tell you the difference, neither am I in the position to because I would have an obvious bias being as though I sell Mack tippers. Sorry I couldn't answer your question but I just wanted to make you aware of how you interpret the answers you will receive. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
@FLT123

Can you name any eloctronical part on MAN trucks that are made before 1987?
First electronic was put on MAN serie 2 (362, 332) and that is almost nothing.
Man serie 3 is other storry.
Only true is that week USD dollar gets Mack much cheaper and I am surprised that you are nhot selliong them ewen cheaper becouse I dont know who in the whole world buys used Macks. (Mexicans?)

@Luniyi_Glo

Please, find more time and go trough my statemants line by line, you are welcome.
Can you put pcts of your five auxiliary trucks? Yust put nice clean shot from the front to see front axle
Pls can you also tell me how much fuel does 10 tyre Mack need for one hour of work? I hope so its nhot more than 100l/hour?
I have sold 3 trucks by puting them on internet (not here) to a guys here in Nigeria without any inspection so I am 100% sure that is possible to sell truck directly from Europe. Most of my trucks go to Germany and after that someone buys them there and sell to Nigeria, Togo, Kongo, Afganistan and other countries.
Must say that I was wery surprised that someone from Africa sends in Europe 10 000 Euro or more withot knowing who is guy at the other side that is seling nice MB 911 or MAN 15.192 truck and in same position I can hardly imagine me to do that. Now I have agents that can give materrial warranty on any axceptable deal and thing should go easyer.
Guys ask yor self what would you do if you could pick between 10 tyre Mack at one side and MB or MAN on the other side at same price? I think you know the answer cool
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by LuniyiGlo(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2010
@EU Trucks

So many unlearned statements. . .  Where do I begin (sigh)  undecided . . .

Only true is that week  USD dollar gets Mack much cheaper and I am surprised that you are nhot selliong them ewen cheaper becouse I dont know who in the whole world buys used Macks. (Mexicans?)
Typos galore above. . .    grin

These kinds of statements exemplifies why you can’t just be at an opposite end of the hemisphere and type unsubstantiated assumptions, it makes one look unlearned.  Before you can pass such an audacious comment surely you must have been to ports in the U.S. like the ones in Jacksonville FL, or Newark NJ, or Baltimore MD?  The fact is you probably haven’t, and if you did you must have a problem with paying attention to details.  I have a good friend that works the docks at the Amports terminal in Baltimore MD (B-more representing!!!), he reminds me every time my trucks ship that “it ain’t only Africans that buy used Mack trucks” (those were his exact words).  According to facts substantiated by everyone from my friend at the port in Baltimore to the Mack dealers in the U.S THAT EXPORT MACKS (to other places in the world other than Nigeria), the following countries do consist of consumers that buy used Mack trucks (apart from Nigeria):
[list]
[li]Benin[/li]
[li]Togo[/li]
[li]Cameroon[/li]
[li]Angola[/li]
[li]South Africa (let me stop here and say a couple more other African nations)[/li]
[li]Mexico[/li]
[li]Columbia[/li]
[li]Peru[/li]
[li]Ecuador (let me again stop here and say a couple more South American nations)[/li]
[li]The Netherlands (yes, I said it, they buy used Mack trucks in Amsterdam)[/li]
[/list]

Please, find more time and go trough my statemants line by line, you are welcome.

I think you meant to type, “Please, find more time and go trough through my statemants statements line by line, you are welcome”.

Notice, I sated that I WISH I had more time to debunk your (in some cases) unlearned statements, but the fact is that I’m just too busy of a guy to get into a “pissing contest” over what truck is better, I have better things to do with my time as selling trucks is merely a part time means to capitalize on my earnings as a software developer (and capitalism is not a dirty word).  If this were a J2EE vs. .NET discussion you would have gotten a more resilient rebut. Bottom-line, I am happy selling Mack trucks and they are very popular in Nigeria, don’t just take my word for it buddy, come on down to the Niger Delta and I will get you well aquatinted with Mack consumers there.   grin  grin  cheesy  cheesy 

Guys ask yor self what would you do if you could pick between 10 tyre Mack at one side and MB or MAN on the other side at same price? I think you know the answer cool

Dude, do you know how silly this sounds?  With all the various models of each make what kind of question is that? shocked  This would be likened to me asking (using your exact words wink), “Guys, ask yor self yourself what would you do if you could pick between Toyota at one side and Volkswagen on the other side at the same price? I think you know the answer  cool

If I had to go through your responses/arguments with a “fine comb” the length of my response may border that of a paperback novel.  Besides, while we’re going back and forth the dude (original poster) probably already has the Mack tipper running haulage routes from Lagos to PH.  grin
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2010
I have better things to do with my time as selling trucks is merely a part time means to capitalize on my earnings as a software developer (and capitalism is not a dirty word). 

Before any more discusion lhet me ask you-actually you dont know much abought trucks?
Did i spell that word discusion ok? grin
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by TY11: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2010
Pls i need a flatbad, can someone help me on how to fine one? I need i like yesterday.
10q
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by LuniyiGlo(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2010
Sorry EUTrucks, I was initially going to leave this thread alone, BUT, the thread was brought back to life so I must correct your lousy grammar.   cheesy

EU Trucks:

I have better things to do with my time as selling trucks is merely a part time means to capitalize on my earnings as a software developer (and capitalism is not a dirty word). 

Before any more discusion discussion lhet let me ask you-actually you dont know much abought about trucks?
Did i spell that word discusion ok? grin

The answer to your question is . . . . . NO, you spelled discussion WRONG (since you “wanna” crack jokes)!!!!  It’s actually spelled with two “s” rather than one.   shocked   shocked

Also, to address your incorrectly spelled question (in which you spelled not only the word discussion wrong but also the word “about”, and "let", and . . . does it really matter, anyway), how can I be successfully selling trucks in the Niger Delta area for over 3 years with many, many, trucks sold and with customers even coming to our office to get their trucks fixed if I didn’t know anything about trucks??  How is that I have spare parts guys in Onisha and Aba that wants me to start importing containers of Diesel truck spare parts if I didn’t know anything about trucks??  How is that I have customers coming to me to ask how they can swap out their Detroit engine for a Cummings engine if I didn’t know anything about trucks?? Use your brain mate!!!  That’s the British way of saying “use your brain dude” (use your brain mate).  wink

Anyway EU, sorry I had to “hop back in” this thread, but it was kept alive by TY 1, maybe now you can try to convince TV 1  that flatbeds connected to MAN Diesel truck heads are better than flatbeds connected to Mack truck heads . . .   cool grin  grin
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Luniyi mate (dude?)

I think you should end your software developer- mechanic- truck sellesman career and become English teecher (is that 1xe or 2xe?) becouse i am seriusly impressed by your gramma. Also I wish to thank you becouse as you can see my English writting and gramma is going better and better and I  think you had great influence on that  grin

@TY1

If you need flatbad like yesterday pls buy something from Luniyi, hes got plenty of that traying to sell for last few months wink
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by EUTrucks1: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
this week shipment- 2 great looking trucks- MAN 16.240 and MAN 16.192 leawing my pleace

Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by onlykach: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2010
I went through the tread and i want to ask a question so which is the best , is it a MACK for it popularity or a MAN diesel for its competency, undecided

I need advice i have friend that want to go into haulage business,
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
Peter EUTrucks, you don’t get it, if I were buying a truck from someone I would at least hope they had education past that of a Primary two school student!!  How can I trust that you are selling me a decent truck when you can’t even spell the word decent correctly!!  ANYWAY, time to dissect your RUBBISH posting AGAIN!!  cool

I think you should end your software deloper- mechanic- truck sellesman career and become English teecher (is that 1xe or 2xe?) becouse i am seriusly impressed by your gramma.

My goodness!!!   shocked  shocked Look at the spelling errors just in one sentence!!  Before I respond let me help you out here my friend, here you go (this is how I would have written the statement in quotes back when I was in Primary two).  smiley

I think you should end your software deloper developer- mechanic- truck sellesman salesman career and become an English teecher teacher (is that 1xe or 2xe?) becouse because I am seriusly seriously impressed by your gramma grammar.

WOW!! Dude you are bordering semi illiterate!!!   shocked  shocked

Anyway, to address the silly comment, first, of all, I never stated that I was a mechanic, secondly, thanks for your suggestion but I cannot abandon my job to become an English teacher, my Bachelors degree was in Computer Science not Second grade Education!!!  Me leaving my currently job to go and pursue an English teaching position would be just as foolish as an European guy with no base in Nigeria trying to sell trucks to Nigerians living in Nigeria (especially when he wants the buyer to pay the entire amount for the truck in full before he ships the truck).  grin

Also I whont to thank you becouse as you can see my English writting and gramma is going better and better and I  think you had great influence on that  grin

No, hell no, please don’t thank me because I haven’t influenced you one bit, in fact, the more we continue this exchange the more I am beginning to believe that probably English wasn’t your first language.  Let me help you out again (this is how I would have written the statement in quotes back when I was in Primary two).  wink

Also I whont want to thank you becouse because as you can see my English writting writing and gramma grammar is going getting better and better and I  think you had a great influence on that.

My goodness, you would think with Seun’s genius inclusion of the spell checker module/functionality that the postings would be more grammatically correct (except of course for tribal languages and Pidgin English, us Naija people dey cherish our Pidgin).  grin

@TY1

If you need flatbad like yesterday pls buy something from Luniyi, hes got plenty of that traying to sell for last few months  wink

Courtesy of one of the resourceful Nairalanders that posted this on another topic I present you with the following in response to your joke:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,/´¯/),,,,,,,,,,,  ( \¯`\
,,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,/´¯/,,,,/´¯\,,,,,,,,,,,  /¯ `\,,,,\¯`\
,,/,/,,,/,,,,/,,,,/,|_,,,,,,_ | ,\,,,,\,,,,\,,,\,\,,
(,(,,,,(,,,,(,,,,/,),,),,     (,,(, \,,,,),,,,),,,,),)
,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\/,,,/,,,, \, ,,\/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? /,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(,,,,,,,,,, ,,),,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,, ,,/,,,,,,,,,,,,,/

That was just done in jest  cool, but here is my real response. . .

Here are some facts for you:
My company has been in Business in Nigeria since 2007 (roughly three years before ever registering with NL) and have sold more trucks than I can keep track of.
• We have MANY more trucks than the ones I advertise on NL and they sell very well, it would be too time consuming for me to post every single truck I have on NL!!
YOU have not sold ONE truck on NL either!!!   grin
• My base is NOT in Lagos but rather the Niger Delta Region, on NL Auto, (hypothetically speaking) this region accounts for less than 30% of the NL Auto audience, but in real life I am selling just as much (probably) as I would have sold if I were in Lagos.
Most importantly (unlike some people) I don’t post trucks that I sold OUTSIDE of NL on the NL Auto posting except if I previously posted that particle truck on NL.

I don’t blame those that do this, but that’s just not my style!! You see, I have nothing to prove to anyone on NL, I just mind my business and advertise my trucks, if someone is interested, fine, if not, fine! My main audience is still my main audience and I spend most of my advertising budget on my main audience in the NIGER DELTA. I don’t see the need to tell all of NL “HEY GUYS I JUST SOLD THIS TRUCK TO SOMEONE IN ASABA, HE SAID HE WILL USE THE TRUCK FOR HIS HAULAGE BUSINESS”.  The only truck I would indicate has been sold on NL is a truck I previously posted so that someone doesn’t accuse me of advertising trucks that have been sold.

For example, I sold a truck on Friday, it was a CH 613 (the picture is below this paragraph), it sold at a very good price (50K below my asking price), did I run to my laptop to post the picture a on NL and write SOLD?  The answer is, NO!!  That’s just not my style mate, my trucks sell mate (probably even better than yours), and even if they didn’t I could care less, because I make money that I am very, very comfortable with, and you would be too if you knew how much that was!! cool  I could have just left your entire posting alone, but I just figured “what the hell”, let me shed some light and continue to uncover the mystery of Luniyi_Glo.

I went through the tread and i want to ask a question so which is the best ,  is it a MACK for it popularity or a MAN diesel for its competency,
@ onlykach

That statement isn’t quite correct, there are many, many factors as to why one should chose one over the other APART from popularity and competency, and by the way, competency wouldn’t necessarily apply in this case, I guess a more fitting term would be efficiency or functionality or durability.

MACK or MAN would depend on MANY, MANY factors, (for example) if you lived in Abuja and the closest competent MACK mechanic was in Jos then I wouldn’t advise getting a MACK if you had a competent MAN mechanic in Abuja. In the U.S. they have diesel mechanics that work on all makes, but in certain areas in Nigeria there tends to be just specialists that specialize in competently repairing just a particular make. Another factor would be price, another factor would be what kind of load did you intend to haul. Another factor would be how far the MACK or MAN spare parts yard is from the resting location on the truck. There are actually more factors than the ones I have listed, when entering a business venture you have to think things through comprehensively and not just be swayed by (what I would classify as) “campaign lines”.
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by LuniyiGlo(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
Peter EUTrucks, you don’t get it, if I were buying a truck from someone I would at least hope they had education past that of a Primary two school student!!  How can I trust that you are selling me a decent truck when you can’t even spell the word decent correctly!!  ANYWAY, time to dissect your RUBBISH posting AGAIN!!    grin

I think you should end your software deloper- mechanic- truck sellesman career and become English teecher (is that 1xe or 2xe?) becouse i am seriusly impressed by your gramma.

My goodness!!!   shocked  shocked  Look at the spelling errors just in one sentence!!  Before I respond let me help you out here my friend, here you go (this is how I would have written the statement in quotes back when I was in Primary two).   smiley

I think you should end your software deloper developer- mechanic- truck sellesman salesman career and become an English teecher teacher (is that 1xe or 2xe?) becouse because I am seriusly seriously impressed by your gramma grammar.

WOW!! Dude you are bordering semi illiterate!!!   shocked shocked  

Anyway, to address the silly comment, first, of all, I never stated that I was a mechanic, secondly, thanks for your suggestion but I cannot abandon my job to become an English teacher, my Bachelors degree was in Computer Science not Second grade Education!!!  Me leaving my currently job to go and pursue an English teaching position would be just as foolish as an European guy with no base in Nigeria trying to sell trucks to Nigerians living in Nigeria (especially when he wants the buyer to pay the entire amount for the truck in full before he ships the truck).   tongue

Also I whont to thank you becouse as you can see my English writting and gramma is going better and better and I  think you had great influence on that 

No, hell no, please don’t thank me because I haven’t influenced you one bit, in fact, the more we continue this exchange the more I am beginning to believe that probably English wasn’t your first language.  Let me help you out again (this is how I would have written the statement in quotes back when I was in Primary two).   wink

Also I whont want to thank you becouse because as you can see my English writting writing and gramma grammar is going getting better and better and I  think you had a great influence on that.

My goodness, you would think with Seun’s genius inclusion of the spell checker module/functionality that the postings would be more grammatically correct (except of course for tribal languages and Pidgin English, us Naija people dey cherish our Pidgin).   grin

@TY1

If you need flatbad like yesterday pls buy something from Luniyi, hes got plenty of that traying to sell for last few months 

Courtesy of one of the resourceful Nairalanders that posted this on another topic I present you with the following in response to your joke:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,/´¯/),,,,,,,,,,,  ( \¯`\
,,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,/´¯/,,,,/´¯\,,,,,,,,,,,  /¯ `\,,,,\¯`\
,,/,/,,,/,,,,/,,,,/,|_,,,,,,_ | ,\,,,,\,,,,\,,,\,\,,
(,(,,,,(,,,,(,,,,/,),,),,     (,,(, \,,,,),,,,),,,,),)
,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\/,,,/,,,, \, ,,\/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? /,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(,,,,,,,,,, ,,),,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,, ,,/,,,,,,,,,,,,,/

That was just done in jest cheesy, but here is my real response. . .

Here are some facts for you:
•   My company has been in Business in Nigeria since 2007 (roughly three years before ever registering with NL) and have sold more trucks than I can keep track of.
•   We have MANY more trucks than the ones I advertise on NL and they sell very well, it would be too time consuming for me to post every single truck I have on NL!!
•   YOU have not sold ONE truck on NL either!!!   grin 
•   My base is NOT in Lagos but rather the Niger Delta Region, on NL Auto, (hypothetically speaking) this region accounts for less than 30% of the NL Auto audience, but in real life I am selling just as much (probably) as I would have sold if I were in Lagos.
•   Most importantly (unlike some people) I don’t post trucks that I sold OUTSIDE of NL on the NL Auto posting except if I previously posted that particle truck on NL.

I don’t blame those that do this, but that’s just not my style!! You see, I have nothing to prove to anyone on NL, I just mind my business and advertise my trucks, if someone is interested, fine, if not, fine! My main audience is still my main audience and I spend most of my advertising budget on my main audience in the NIGER DELTA. I don’t see the need to tell all of NL “HEY GUYS I JUST SOLD THIS TRUCK TO SOMEONE IN ASABA, HE SAID HE WILL USE THE TRUCK FOR HIS HAULAGE BUSINESS”.  The only truck I would indicate has been sold on NL is a truck I previously posted so that someone doesn’t accuse me of advertising trucks that have been sold.

For example, I sold a truck last Friday (March 5th), it was a CH 613 (the picture is below this paragraph), it sold at a very good price (50K below my asking price), did I run to my laptop to post the picture a on NL and write SOLD?  The answer is, NO!!  That’s just not my style mate, my trucks sell mate (probably even better than yours), and even if they didn’t I could care less, because I make money that I am very, very comfortable with, and you would be too if you knew how much that was!!  grin  I could have just left your entire posting alone, but I just figured “what the heck”, let me shed some light and continue to uncover the mystery of Luniyi_Glo.

I went through the tread and i want to ask a question so which is the best ,  is it a MACK for it popularity or a MAN diesel for its competency,
@ onlykach

That statement isn’t quite correct, there are many, many factors as to why one should chose one over the other APART from popularity and competency, and by the way, competency wouldn’t necessarily apply in this case, I guess a more fitting term would be efficiency or functionality or durability.

MACK or MAN would depend on MANY, MANY factors, (for example) if you lived in Abuja and the closest competent MACK mechanic was in Jos then I wouldn’t advise getting a MACK if you had a competent MAN mechanic in Abuja. In the U.S. they have diesel mechanics that work on all makes, but in certain areas in Nigeria there tends to be just specialists that specialize in competently repairing just a particular make. Another factor would be price, another factor would be what kind of load did you intend to haul. Another factor would be how far the MACK or MAN spare parts yard is from the resting location of the truck. There are actually more factors than the ones I have listed, when entering a business venture you have to think things through comprehensively and not just be swayed by (what I would classify as) “campaign lines”.
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by anjyzplace: 10:17am On Mar 17, 2010
I am in need of a 10 Tonne Diesel Tipper 2000 to 2003,
Any info to my in box anjyzplace@hotmail.com,
MACK or MAN preferable 8 x 4.

Thanks
Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by jocchukwuma: 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
This is my first post here. I needed to join this forum just to respond to the pathetic tit tat I was seeing between Luniyi_Glo and Peter EUTrucks.

Luniyi_Glo: It's pretty obvious that English is not Peter's first language. And it's extremely arrogant and sad to see the insults from you off the back of that. Not having correct gramma in one language is not a correct judge of education. Neither does it warrant a sweeping statement that implies it. I particular think it's reckless to say/imply that one shouldn't buy a truck from someone that doesn't have gramma fluency of a Primary Two student. In my book I find that a very low comment to make. That statement on its own is incorrect on multiple levels. And to continue correcting the gramma only makes you come across petty.

I was very interesting in what you and Peter were saying in comparing both trucks until the discussion deteriorated to drivel. Please be a better man and not insult someone's lack of understanding of a language just to prove another point. It's pretty low. I liked the link posted by Peter on JD Power and some of your points earlier. But now it's muddied by further comments aforementioned.

I live in London (have done so for many years). And most of my family live in the US (NY, NJ, MS) and the rest in Nigeria (Delta). I'm running a trucking business in Nigeria and there's a current bias to buy Mack trucks which I don't understand. And in search of that is the reason why I'm on this forum. I own a few MACK trucks. Most have been problematic but easily fixed in Nigeria - maybe that's the reason. I'm now planning to buy a MAN truck and wanted to know if it makes sense as I find it cheaper to access and deliver than MACK trucks - since I live in London. However, I'd like intelligent information on this - not insult, albeit backhanded.

1 Like

Re: Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference by Krix25: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Can someone give me the price of fairly used
MAN TGA 33.350
ZF16 Manual
190.000KM
6x6 axlle
350HP

(1) (Reply)

Best Deals In Automobiles: Click To See... / Used/Toks 04-012 Gwagon g500/g550/g55 AMG (4d Chairmen) upgraded & direct / 1989 14 Seats Bus Mercedes-benz 207 N415,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.