Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State (758 Views)

Pioneer Metro Consult Owerri / Check Out The Newly Built N-power Build Training Center In Abia State / Vacancy For Principal In Ojodu-berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
Are you a fresh graduate of Education in need of your first job after NYSC? May be you've had some secondary teaching experience, and would want to take up something more challenging than you've been doing?

Then this opportunity might be for you.

I am looking for someone who will partner with me to kick-start my secondary school, this September (2017). I am an owner of a nursery/primary school with two campuses, each of which is headed by a headteacher. I have BIG plans for my secondary school, and I am looking for that right person who will share in my vision, and work with me to achieve it. I want someone who is creative; someone who has an excellent work ethics; and someone who can work towards a goal without being distracted.

I am a British trained English teacher, and i still work as an assessor for UK exam boards from here in Nigeria, and sometimes, i travel to the UK for same. So I am always updating my school's curriculum in line with UK standards. I am not necessarily interested in flashy certificates, or YEARS of experience, as MY OWN EXPERIENCE as an employer has taught me to look out for a few qualities, which I list below:

Education qualification is a basic requirement
Good attitude to work is of paramount importance
Ability to stay focused, organised and prioritise tasks
Ability to take the lead in administration, as well as in promoting excellence in teaching
Good knowledge/skills in classroom teaching and methodology
Good marketing skills for excellent representation and management of the school brand
Ability to set unique structures and standards that will raise the reputation and profile of the school

We are in Abia State, and accommodation WILL be available from the onset, or after the first term. Initial salary will be negotiable, but bonuses will follow as targets are achieved.

You can contact me on chiztom@yahoo.com, then we will take it from there. Alternatively, if you know someone who will fit into what i have described, you can ask the person to contact me.
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Fireson: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2017
Hello! I'm an international BSC holder with an 11 yrs experience in teaching both primary and secondary school. I'm interested in this please!
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2017
If you have education qualification, then send me your CV.
Fireson:
Hello! I'm an international BSC holder with an 11 yrs experience in teaching both primary and secondary school. I'm interested in this please!
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2017
I am a B.sc holder in sociology and anthropology with over two years experience in teaching and administration ,currently based Enugu. please I will be interested this is my contact and email. 08135624478/ chizobao30@gmail.come .thank you as I wait to hear from you
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 10:24am On Apr 22, 2017
With over two years teaching experience, I am sure you have education qualification. Please forward your CV to me, then we'll take it from there.
Alaniyiokorausa:
I am a B.sc holder in sociology and anthropology with over two years experience in teaching and administration ,currently based Enugu. please I will be interested this is my contact and email. 08135624478/ chizobao30@gmail.come .thank you as I wait to hear from you

1 Like

Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2017
Ochioraumu:
With over two years teaching experience, I am sure you have education qualification. Please forward your CV to me, then we'll take it from there.
I have forward my CV to the e mail address you give.
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
I would like to add that this opening is strictly for those who studied education. I am interested in those who want to pursue a career in Education, not just those who are merely looking for a job or a stepping stone for something else. I have worked as a teacher right from my school cert days, and I have committed my entire life building educational and learning structures, and creating opportunities of learning for people, with plans for more in the future.

So I will not just take on board any one who doesn't share the same vision with me; who doesn't have the same passion as me; and who cannot work towards the same goal with me.

Please read my post very well, and understand the requirements, before sending an email. Note that this is a partnership in which you will have a stake. So if you REALLY have a passion for teaching and making a difference, then send me your CV. After studying it, I will be the one to contact you, if necessary.

It is not my intention to make this sound or look REALLY BIG. Like I said in my original post, I am not looking for flashy qualification, neither am I looking for donkey years of experience. My main interest is that you are REALLY passionate and interested in imparting knowledge, and that you have the basic cognitive skills (IQ) that will help you scale through. I would be happy to work with an NCE holder, who knows his/her stuff.
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Valmesk(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ochioraumu:
I would like to add that this opening is strictly for those who studied education. I am interested in those who want to pursue a career in Education, not just those who are merely looking for a job or a stepping stone for something else. I have worked as a teacher right from my school cert days, and I have committed my entire life building educational and learning structures, and creating opportunities of learning for people, with plans for more in the future.

So I will not just take on board any one who doesn't share the same vision with me; who doesn't have the same passion as me; and who cannot work towards the same goal with me.

Please read my post very well, and understand the requirements, before sending an email. Note that this is a partnership in which you will have a stake. So if you REALLY have a passion for teaching and making a difference, then send me your CV. After studying it, I will be the one to contact you, if necessary.

It is not my intention to make this sound or look REALLY BIG. Like I said in my original post, I am not looking for flashy qualification, neither am I looking for donkey years of experience. My main interest is that you are REALLY passionate and interested in imparting knowledge, and that you have the basic cognitive skills (IQ) that will help you scale through. I would be happy to work with an NCE holder, who knows his/her stuff.
But there are many that did not study education that possess such qualities.Anyway you make decisions on what you want.
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
Valmesk:
But there are many that did not study education that possess such qualities.Anyway you make decisions on what you want.
Thank you for your response. Certainly, your point is true, as those are leadership qualities, which obviously are not exclusive to education. However, studying education is one way to show your commitment to the field, and as a professional field, one needs to be properly trained/qualified to function effectively. Also, registering the school with a non-qualified teacher as the principal will not sell to the Ministry of Education.
In addition to that, it is a professional requirement that a school ought to be headed by a qualified teacher, not an unqualified teacher. While certain SSCE holders may have better skills/qualities than certain "graduates", it will still sound absurd to some, if they find that a school employs school cert holders as teachers. It will serve as a let down for the school.
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by akins56(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2017
Ochioraumu:

Thank you for your response. Certainly, your point is true, as those are leadership qualities, which obviously are not exclusive to education. However, studying education is one way to show your commitment to the field, and as a professional field, one needs to be properly trained/qualified to function effectively. Also, registering the school with a non-qualified teacher as the principal will not sell to the Ministry of Education.
In addition to that, it is a professional requirement that a school ought to be headed by a qualified teacher, not an unqualified teacher. While certain SSCE holders may have better skills/qualities than certain "graduates", it will still sound absurd to some, if they find that a school employs school cert holders as teachers. It will serve as a let down for the school.
good evening sir, is the offer still open ?
Re: Opening For A Pioneer Principal In Abia State by Ochioraumu: 9:39am On Apr 14, 2018
yes. The offer is still open.

If you are still interested, send me your CV via chiztom@yahoo.com or gms.umuobia@gmail.com
Thanks.
akins56:
good evening sir, is the offer still open ?

(1) (Reply)

Entry Level Recruitment At Ibis Hotels / Urgent Vacancies / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Ongoing Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.