Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun (553 Views)

Militants Suspend Ceasefire, Threaten Fresh Attacks / Boko Haram Kills 44 Soldiers, Nine Farmers In Fresh Attacks / Six Persons Killed In Fresh Attacks In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by akelicious(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2017
Not left out were some residents who summoned courage to talk with Saturday Sun. They lamented that the state government had given up in its quest to keep Ikorodu safe from the activities of militants.

A trader, simply identified as John who has resorted to riding commercial motorcycle, Okada, lamented that his business crashed because of low patronage and theft. “I had a provision store along Isawo road. I was doing well till they broke into my shop and stole as much as they could. It was a sad experience, and I reported to the police. When they learnt that police were investigating, they wrote a warning letter to me and pasted it in front of my shop. This scared away people from my shop and because I knew that their threats were real, I decided to close down the shop. It is horrible; if I did not stop police from investigating, they would have kidnapped me and slaughtered me in the creeks. A lot of people have disappeared same way. The only good thing that happened is that the cost of accommodation has crashed. You can get three-bedroom flat for N200,000, because most of the buildings are empty. These people have visited almost every good house in Isawo area. No one is safe. Forget all those stories of security men taking over the protection of the creeks. It’s even worse now, because all they succeeded in doing was to reduce pipeline vandalism and encourage them to kidnap people.”

Yet another member of the community identified as Azeez suggested that the military should convert the creeks as their training field. “That is the only way out. If there is a major raid they will all disappear and reappear as soon as the security men are gone.

“Even journalists are tired of reporting the matter except a school is attacked. The truth is that they pick people daily and nobody is doing anything about it. People are fleeing the area, but some of us cannot run away from our land.

“It’s very important to let government know that people are disappearing in this community and no one is doing anything about it. If they know that I talked to you, they will come after my family and I. They are the ones behind the disappearance of one of the best psychiatrists that we have in the area. The man was assisting police and army with information and they came and picked him. They simply told the family to forget about him that they will kill and bury him inside the creeks. That area is a cemetery; the only difference is that people are buried anyhow. We need Governor Ambode to come to our rescue. As a civil servant, I pay my tax regularly. He should not use our tax to secure rich men who can afford to pay for the best security in the whole world,” he said.

Fresh plans uncovered

Although the military air and land raid was publicly announced as a huge success, one of the suspected militants identified as Bekewei, who witnessed the raid insists that no single militant died during the attack. He also bragged that all their weapons were moved out of the creeks long before the bombardment started.

On how they managed to escape unhurt, he said that they became aware of the intended raid when the military came for surveillance.

“They flew across the areas severally and all we did was to ask simple questions and we were told that they were planning to bomb the creeks. It was then that we started moving our weapons out of the area.

“They were merely throwing bombs on a deserted area and besides our people monitored the news to know what was happening. Let them produce the corpse of one militant that was killed during the raid. It is only fire outbreak that has really killed a lot of militants in the creeks.”

Saturday Sun gathered that Commander Ossy remains the boss in the creeks and he was advised to relocate to Ondo State and operate from there. He is said to have left four commanders in charge in Laqgos. They are Vika, America, Stone and Mighty who died some days ago in a shootout with operatives of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Mighty, whose real name is Endurance Ominisan, was trailed to an apartment which he rented for his girlfriend on No 20 Joel Adebolu Street, Ibeshe area of Ikorodu, . He was alleged to have participated in the recent killings of policemen and soldiers in Isawo area. He allegedly participated in the kidnap of Oniba of Iba and the Turkish schoolgirls.

Bekewei also said that the militants were planning to attack more schools and no one could stop them. He boasted that they made so much money during any school kidnap operation. Also on their list is the plan to attack the police stations within their reach to stock up their arsenal.

Police ready for battle
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/millitants-plan-fresh-attacks-in.html

Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by SexyNairalander: 6:48am On Apr 22, 2017
booked
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by dimexy247(m): 6:48am On Apr 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by devilmaycry: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2017
k
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by RobbStark(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2017
Soon you all will meet your creator and account for all you have done on earth.

1 Like

Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by iraborosasu: 7:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Meanwhile Mr Ambode is somewhere destroying poor people's market stalls. I wonder why we behave like animals in this country. Some people live in so much fear everyday because of the wickedness of others. It's so sad.
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by Aromas: 7:21am On Apr 22, 2017
What is the usefulness of Police Helicopter Gov Ambode purchase, is it met for beautification of Police HQ or prompt response to crime environment? Na wa o
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by TopsyKrete: 7:25am On Apr 22, 2017
I see
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by Jabioro: 7:34am On Apr 22, 2017
They're marked for destruction.. let them bragged, no evil can stand the test of time.. we have slowpoke system otherwise the idiots might have both deleted..
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by stonemasonn: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2017
The police and army are not trained to fight creek wars.

The Lagos state government should buy special gun boats for the navy for combat operations.

Areal bombardment wouldn't work.
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by igbozionism(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2017
when did this happen
Re: Millitants Plan Fresh Attacks In Lagos,ogun by SIRmanjar(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2017
Dis militants should please live lagos alone and continue with there destruction of pipelines in the south..All the tribes in Nigeria reside in lagos so any hit they throw in lagos won't affect only Yorubas but all Nigerians especially ibos.

(1) (Reply)

Finance Ministry Denies Hiring Foreign PR Consultants For $2m/month / Deleted / Photo: Buhari 2019 Posters Flood Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.