Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Ikoyi #13b Cash Discovery - My Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi #13b Cash Discovery - My Take (322 Views)

Court Orders Takeover Of Donald Duke’s Ikoyi Property Over N537.3m Debt / Bauchi Gold Mine: Mineral Resource Discovery In The State Excites Government / FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi #13b Cash Discovery - My Take by Stoicbaba(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2017
Without conceding or seeking to exonerate anyone who is to be apportioned blame, where necessary, I must state my take;

That such a huge amount of money was discovered: was either a very good job by the whistle blowing entity, or a very shabby job by a supposedly "intelligence" agency.

That a cash amount could be designated for intelligent operation and such not domiciled in a bank, for secret/special duties: it isn't a new event worldwide as such could not be traced.

That such a special duty(including the amount involved) was not communicated to the new NSA(if at all it wasn't) and onward explanation of same to the current President: begs for explanation from the NIA boss.

So, if the "special" operation was concluded, such money should have been returned to the CBN or if it wasn't, the NSA should be fully aware of the cash and the ongoing operation.

Equally, if the information is true about an operation and the NIA boss is coming out to explain same to the current President, I feel proper investigation should have been the first step and not a media frenzy that is ongoing. Because, those kind of operations is always carried out with absolute deniability attached.

So, I bet the NIA boss may have done a bad job in handling the situation OR the EFCC in its bid to be seen to do a good job, rushed over the exposure of the stash...

These are my deductions and like I said earlier, does not in anyway intended to exonerate ANYONE...(I would have said more, but most social media visitors have problems with reading )

(1) (Reply)

Life Changing Opportunity. / Federal Government Declares Monday, 1st May As Public Holiday / Nigeria Loses Over N200 Billion Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.