Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated (538 Views)

Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here (2) (3) (4)

Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
How could a story like The Last Days at Forcados High School earn recognition and some good stories here never made it outside nairaland?

I want to write, not for fun, but for fame. Spare me the rhetorics like, "Write until someone is willing to pay for your work." I have no time to waste.
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by divinehand2003(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Become a prominent politicians and you will so sell your book like Obasanjo did in his own book titled MY WATCH.
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
divinehand2003:
Become a prominent politicians and you will see your book like Obasanjo did in his own book titled MY WATCH.

That means just the name will sell a book, not talent.
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by divinehand2003(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Snow84:

That means just the name will sell a book, not talent.

Na Naija factor be that ooooo. Nobody is after talent anymore.
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by Young03(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
which of ur books they market?
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by dewalt(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
Snow84:
How could a story like The Last Days at Forcados High School earn recognition and some good stories here never made it outside nairaland?

I want to write, not for fun, but for fame. Spare me the rhetorics like, "Write until someone is willing to pay for your work." I have no time to waste.
Honestly there is sense in this although it is not an easy task, it is sometimes good to have the name before thinking of money but at the same time one can try both. My advise, get your name registered in the heart of some readers before you go into the world.
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
Young03:
which of ur books they market?

Only one. I have established that promotions by big publishing houses is a big factor if you want to blow. Getting people that matter to lay hands on your work is a problem. If it is not read, how will they know whether you have done a good job or not?
Re: Why Nairaland Authors Are Not Celebrated by Mordecai(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2017
Some are celebrated. Check out safarigirl. You will celebrate her too.

A Yoruba Girl Lost In Translation: The University Debate / The Darkest Night / If Only.... Love Poem By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE