Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair (1868 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Cream For A Dark Skinned Person / Lady Refuses To Cover Her Dark Facial Birth Mark (Photos) / Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
I read an earlier post on a lady who bleached and commented on how dark skinned women weren't favoured.It generated controversy as she wanted but guess what as much as she did this for notice,she has a very strong point there.
Society has been programmed to favour light skinned ...I believe it has to do with the slave mentality that white are superior .I know of many men that if you want a favour,just go with your light skinned friend.. You will get it but she will get more than you too.( a past CBN Governor was very well known for this)
Who are we fooling we know its true and that's y nairaland is filled with adverts on creams,questions on what to use to lighten ,trainings on how to make organic bleaching creams etc...walk into a mall ,bleaching creams are more than ordinary moisturiser

Walk into a party filled with women and atleast 3 out of 5 women will discuss skin: what are u using,l will take u to her shop tomorrow,or why don't u tone abit
Light skinned women find it easier and atractvmen more let's face it and this is causing a lot of issues for dark skinned women .some have been forced to bleachas their husband married a fair woman as no 2 or seems to attract fair women

Its all over not just Nigeria ,.......some say it has to do with esteem but I feel esteem is all about u feeling comfortable with how u look and if being toned makes u feel good then how is that slave mentality

Oh by the way.....am dark skinned so save me the banters

1 Like

Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nutase: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Black is beautiful.
Inferiority complex is bleaching.

Period.

2 Likes

Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by shurley22(f): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nutase:
Black is beautiful.
Inferiority complex is bleaching.

Period.

True, but majority of Nigerians don't see it that way.
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
shurley22:

True, but majority of Nigerians don't see it that way.

Thank you
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by sexgoddess: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
I am dark in complexion, trust me, when i go out with my friends that are light skinned people compliment me all the time. Beauty is not a one way thing, light skin is not alway equal to beauty. BEAUTY is BEAUTY. At first i struggled with it when i was younger, but i realised that my skin tone can never be bought in the market grin.
I call myself golden bronze shocked because my skin is like bronze and it shines.
You must know what works for you, your uniqueness is also your beauty if u work it right wink
No need to compare yourself to another person, be that person lightskinned or darkskinned. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by irynterri(f): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
whether light or dark what matters is how you take care of your skin, most light skinned girls don't play with their skin, they invest in it that is why it looks pretty,unlike dark girls that will put on heavy lotions and walk around the sun with no Sun block, many of them do not exfoliate talk more or less use nice products and they will start blaming the society, I was once dirty black but now I take good care of my skin and people now ask me if I am Ethiopian or black American grin ,the attention has increased tremendously,dark girls should please stop been lazy and take care of their skin, if you know how dedicated fair girls are to their skin care you won't believe it,watch YouTube videos, visit nice skin blogs like skincaretalk

2 Likes

Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Ayofaks(f): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2017
irynterri:
whether light or dark what matters is how you take care of your skin, most light skinned girls don't play with their skin, they invest in it that is why it looks pretty,unlike dark girls that will put on heavy lotions and walk around the sun with no Sun block, many of them do not exfoliate talk more or less use nice products and they will start blaming the society, I was once dirty black but now I take good care of my skin and people now ask me if I am Ethiopian or black American grin ,the attention has increased tremendously,dark girls should please stop been lazy and take care of their skin, if you know how dedicated fair girls are to their skin care you won't believe it,watch YouTube videos, visit nice skin blogs like skincaretalk
This is the truth...
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
irynterri:

I think we should learn to read to understand ..it seems most responses are just on how to love your self ,black is beautiful etc.... On how dark skinned pple are lazy ..
My dear,this post is to point out a simple fact which is a reality face it or not and I think we all know that .

Am dark skinned ,intelligent and very confident but am still gonna state what is applicable

Now you brought up an attack that dark skinned ladies are careless on skin care right,okay care to share with them on how to take care of their skin since u claim to know it ? This is not an attack am simply asking that u give tips that's all

I forgot to add that the skin care talk you are reffering to majors basically on skin bleaching ,products to assist ,reviews etc any one can check to confirm .I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by irynterri(f): 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
lazygal:

I think we should learn to read to understand ..it seems most responses are just on how to love your self ,black is beautiful etc.... On how dark skinned pple are lazy ..
My dear,this post is to point out a simple fact which is a reality face it or not and I think we all know that .

Am dark skinned ,intelligent and very confident but am still gonna state what is applicable

Now you brought up an attack that dark skinned ladies are careless on skin care right,okay care to share with them on how to take care of their skin since u claim to know it ? This is not an attack am simply asking that u give tips that's all

I forgot to add that the skin care talk you are reffering to majors basically on skin bleaching ,products to assist ,reviews etc any one can check to confirm .I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS
SCT is a forum just like nairaland,so many sections on skin problem treatment such as lightening, melasma,acne etc,i got to know the forum when I had hyper pigmentation on my neck,now its gone, pick the info u want but if not for that forum I won't have known how to take care of my skin in a tropic country like nigeria, I never said all dark girls don't Take care of their skin I said most, how many dark girls do u know who practice exfoliation and skin protection?,I have also met natural light skinned girls who don't take care of their skin and believe me when I say their skin does not glow at all,I really do wish i had the time to start up threads or a blog concerning dark skin treatment and how to use natural products like the ones used up north to pamper your skin,maybe I will hire a 'typist' grin pleaseeeeee,girls take care of your skin, stop thinking bleaching is the way out and when I think of it the only time some dark ladies take of their skin is while bleaching,I'm dark skinned,pretty, slim with a flat tummy, to God's glory and I have had always men frolicking around me, many of whom tell me they have never been attracted to dark girls,be open minded darl,flip your hair, wear clothes that compliment your skin, learn to do your make-up to compliment your style, live and love life we are not staying for 100 more years, the sky is enough for all birds to fly,beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, some will like dark, light, short, fat, thin, you can't change someone's preference, can't believe I just typed all this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2017
irynterri:
SCT is a forum just like nairaland,so many sections on skin problem treatment such as lightening, melasma,acne etc,i got to know the forum when I had hyper pigmentation on my neck,now its gone, pick the info u want but if not for that forum I won't have known how to take care of my skin in a tropic country like nigeria, I never said all dark girls don't Take care of their skin I said most, how many dark girls do u know who practice exfoliation and skin protection?,I have also met natural light skinned girls who don't take care of their skin and believe me when I say their skin does not glow at all,I really do wish i had the time to start up threads or a blog concerning dark skin treatment and how to use natural products like the ones used up north to pamper your skin,maybe I will hire a 'typist' grin pleaseeeeee,girls take care of your skin, stop thinking bleaching is the way out and when I think of it the only time some dark ladies take of their skin is while bleaching,I'm dark skinned,pretty, slim with a flat tummy, to God's glory and I have had always men frolicking around me, many of whom tell me they have never been attracted to dark girls,be open minded darl,flip your hair, wear clothes that compliment your skin, learn to do your make-up to compliment your style, live and love life we are not staying for 100 more years, the sky is enough for all birds to fly,beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, some will like dark, light, short, fat, thin, you can't change someone's preference, can't believe I just typed all this

I still insist most or all topics on SCT are on skin lightening..that means u also use asking lightening products and maybe u will claim they are the natural ones.
Unless u use 100% non lightening/brightening products u don't have the grounds to argue or discuss on dark skin care regime
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
@lazygal I'm not going to pretend like I'm dark skinned but I do understand you. But let me tell you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in different shades. We africans come in different shades INCLUDING being dark skinned.

I do believe what is happening is a slave mentality and absolutely ridiculous and stupid. The thing if you know your worth and how beautiful you are then other people will be able to see it too.

Take care of your skin, exfoilate. It's very important. Black soap is a very inexpensive exfoilating soap and that's what our great great grandmas were using. Exfoilating will make your skin glow, will remove rough patches, especially on knees and elbows.

And trust, to me there's nothing more beautiful than a glowing dark skinned lady. Honestly the skin just looks like delicious chocolate cream lol.

It all depends on how you take care of your skin. Raise your head up high, walk with confidence, be proud of your dark skin, make them turn their heads and know 'Yes, the melanated african queen is here!'
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:
@lazygal I'm not going to pretend like I'm dark skinned but I do understand you. But let me tell you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in different shades. We africans come in different shades INCLUDING being dark skinned.

I do believe what is happening is a slave mentality and absolutely ridiculous and stupid. The thing if you know your worth and how beautiful you are then other people will be able to see it too.

Take care of your skin, exfoilate. It's very important. Black soap is a very inexpensive exfoilating soap and that's what our great great grandmas were using. Exfoilating will make your skin glow, will remove rough patches, especially on knees and elbows.

And trust, to me there's nothing more beautiful than a glowing dark skinned lady. Honestly the skin just looks like delicious chocolate cream lol.

It all depends on how you take care of your skin. Raise your head up high, walk with confidence, be proud of your dark skin, make them turn their heads and know 'Yes, the melanated african queen is here!'

Sweety,am dark chocolate and my friends have sometimes wondered y with all the funds available I don't tone.
My room and fridge is filled with all kinds of organic fruits and vegetable mixtures
Bleaching is easier than nurturing a dark complexion its more difficult to enhance a dark complexion than light one
Am a very confident lady ,I love seeing black beauties and always browse dark skinned women .this inspires me to go extra mile for that glowy look

That being said I love your personality, forget nairaland ..by your manner of responses,I detect you are a polite lovely and homely person
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
lazygal:

Sweety,am dark chocolate and my friends have sometimes wondered y with all the funds available I don't tone.
My room and fridge is filled with all kinds of organic fruits and vegetable mixtures
Bleaching is easier than nurturing a dark complexion its more difficult to enhance a dark complexion than light one
Am a very confident lady ,I love seeing black beauties and always browse dark skinned women .this inspires me to go extra mile for that glowy look

That being said I love your personality, forget nairaland ..by your manner of responses,I detect you are a polite lovely and homely person

Looooool no. I'm not a polite and homely person. I laughed so much reading that. I'm actually the opposite or let's say it depends on the person I'm talking to.

You really have to try an exfoilating soap. I don't think enhancing dark skin is more difficult. Just exfoilate, it really helps. Being fair, you don't know how much I wish I was dark. In fact growing up I had to come in terms with the fact that I'm fair. I used to use olive oil on my whole body and lay in the sun just to get darker but then again like I said, we all come in different shades. Just embrace it, take care of it and love it.

Bleaching might be easy but not healthy for the skin. Sooner or later the negative effects will let itself known and then it wouldn't be easy. It might take some time even years but it eventually will.
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by lazygal: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:

Looooool no. I'm not a polite and homely person. I laughed so much reading that. I'm actually the opposite or let's say it depends on the person I'm talking to.

You really have to try an exfoilating soap. I don't think enhancing dark skin is more difficult. Just exfoilate, it really helps. Being fair, you don't know how much I wish I was dark. In fact growing up I had to come in terms with the fact that I'm fair. I used to use olive oil on my whole body and lay in the sun just to get darker but then again like I said, we all come in different shades. Just embrace it, take care of it and love it.

Bleaching might be easy but not healthy for the skin. Sooner or later the negative effects will let itself known and then it wouldn't be easy. It might take some time even years but it eventually will.

But so u know even on nairaland we don't have forums on taking care of dark skin instead ita bleaching creams to use,best toning soaps etc
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
lazygal:

But so u know even on nairaland we don't have forums on taking care of dark skin instead ita bleaching creams to use,best toning soaps etc

Oh yeah that's true. I had to tell 1 to stop. It's really getting annoying, especially when they said it's going to be done NATURALLY grin Wtf grin

But then again on instagram for example are many dark skinned people who tell you how they care for their skin
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oh yeah that's true. I had to tell 1 to stop. It's really getting annoying, especially when they said it's going to be done NATURALLY grin Wtf grin

But then again on instagram for example are many dark skinned people who tell you how they care for their skin
eh sorry oo babe,una dey find solution to be black...
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
Martin124:
eh sorry oo babe,una dey find solution to be black...

Loool you again grin
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:

hmmm adviser lovelygurl
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:

Loool you again grin
how far na?e don tae oo,
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
Martin124:
how far na?e don tae oo,

Lol I would love to reply in pidgin now grin

But yh everything's good, I'm fine. Where have you been and how are you doing
Re: Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol I would love to reply in pidgin now grin

But yh everything's good, I'm fine. Where have you been and how are you doing
I just dey one side ee,anyway sha we thank God for life sha!!!

(1) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Shows Us How To Be S3xy In These 7 Sultry Photos / Wedding Styles For African Woman – Aso Ebi Styles 2021 / 30 Latest Ankara Suit Styles For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.