Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! (4741 Views)

Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 / Ex-oyo Governor, Victor Omololu-olunloyo’s Last Wife[ronke] Replies Stepdaughter / Buy Novelty Fake Passports,ids,drivers License,visas And City Permit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by texazzpete(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?headline=Nigerian%20footballer%20arrested%20in%20Amsterdam&id=328306

Victor Agali, a Nigerian-born footballer for Greek club Levadiakos, has been arrested at Schiphol airport near Amsterdam for carrying two fake passports, Dutch military police said on Monday.
"At passport control, on December 27, he (Agali) was found to be in possession of a fake passport," said gendarmerie spokesman Robert van Kapel.

Upon further investigation, the 31-year-old striker in transit at Schiphol on a voyage from Lagos to Athens, turned out to have two sets of fake travel documents, said Van Kapel.

"In the one, the page with his personal particulars has been modified, in the other it was the visa," he said.

A judge will decide on Monday whether to extend the footballer's provisional detention for further investigation.

Agali has played for French teams like Marseille (1996-97), Toulon (1997-98) and Nice (2004-2005), as well as Germany's Schalke 04 (2001-2004).

On Christmas Day, a 23-year-old Nigerian was arrested in the United States for the botched bombing of a Northwest Airlines plane bound for Detroit from Schiphol.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by texazzpete(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
na wa o! Even highly placed people like this international striker dey involved in this kind of shyte?

This has to be as a result of the increased scrutiny on Nigerians travelling through Schipol Amsterdam - and the fact that they've netted a semi-prominent Nigerian so soon after commencing the increased scrutiny will make the dutch feel vindicated.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Afam(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
Boy! Nigerians are really into a lot of false lives or fake stuffs.

Even a professional footballer ehn kwan?
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by toneyb: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Even those that are highly placed are doing this kind of nonsense. Nigerians do not need all the unfortunate news at this point in time. The report quickly interjected the news of the terrorist that was caught in its closing statement.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by vikiviko(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
Its not possible a Footballer of his calibre i doubt won't be carrying 2 passports.

I hope its not true and he's cleared.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by texazzpete(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
vikiviko:

Its not possible a Footballer of his calibre i doubt won't be carrying 2 passports.

I hope its not true and he's cleared.

two conflicting statements. if it's 'impossible', why do you hope it isn't true?

look, it's already made the news. And it's simple. he was caught with fake passports. Where he spends his immediate future (athens or a dutch jail) depends on how good his explanations and excuses are grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by asha80(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
Why was he even carrying fake passports?I mean this is someone that travels around europe and the world as a whole due to his prffesion without any qualms.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by r231(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
na wa o
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Enjoyment1(f): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
Take this topic to the sporting section, and stop posting such here.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Enjoyment1(f): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
Sport section, I mean.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Alxmyr(m): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
This must be a rude joke! What is it with Amsterdam Airport that we do not know?
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by texazzpete(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Take this topic to the sporting section, and stop posting such here.

it concerns a high profile Nigerian apprehended in Schipol airport after checks and screening proceedures instituted post-Mutallab's suicide bombing attempt. This will only reinforce the negative impressions of Nigerians in Amsterdam, and it can be used as vindication for tough screening measures for Nigerians. As such, it belongs in the politics section.

Not my fault if your small brain couldn't get past the words 'nigerian footballer'. i'm sure if a Nigerian Footballer guns down Obama you'll be demanding that the post gets moved to the 'Sports' section.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by otawa: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
Yeah, we are known for this. It is no problem.

Even Obama issues ' fake passport' for people to travel.

Are we sure it is the real Agali or an impostor using 'Agali's head'
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Mekusxyz: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2010
texazzpete:

it concerns a high profile Nigerian apprehended in Schipol airport after checks and screening proceedures instituted post-Mutallab's suicide bombing attempt. This will only reinforce the negative impressions of Nigerians in Amsterdam, and it can be used as vindication for tough screening measures for Nigerians. As such, it belongs in the politics section.

Not my fault if your small brain couldn't get past the words 'nigerian footballer'. i'm sure if a Nigerian Footballer guns down Obama you'll be demanding that the post gets moved to the 'Sports' section.

What makes Agali a high profile Nigerian? Na wao! Everybody for naija is important. What has Agali achieved for himself and for Nigeria aside being a professional player among hundreds of others?
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
Mekusxyz:

What makes Agali a high profile Nigerian? Na wao! Everybody for naija is important. What has Agali achieved for himself and for Nigeria aside being a professional player among hundreds of others?

You know what i meant grin.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Enjoyment1(f): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
texazzpete:

So, what is political about it. Wrong post!.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by otokx(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2010
Waiting for more information
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by chidyke77(m): 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2010
i dont believe that story.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by AloyEmeka9: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
"The (first) passport judged problematic by officials was sent to him in this form by post by Nigerian authorities in 2007," he said.

Dutch authorities claimed that the Schengen visa contained in the second document, issued by Cyprus, did not meet the requisite standards, said Kaarls.

Kaarls said Levadiakos has indicated its willingness to pay the bail to secure their striker's freedom.

Agali has played for French teams including Marseille (1996-97), Toulon (1997-98) and Nice (2004-2005), as well as Germany's Schalke 04 (2001-2004).

On Christmas Day, a 23-year-old Nigerian was arrested in the United States for the botched bombing of a Northwest Airlines plane bound for Detroit from Schiphol.

The title is misleading. It's not as if he forged a passport, rather he was travelling with a document sent to him by the NFF. It also said the document does not meet the required standard which does not suffice for fake.

Why is the story only from one source?; No major sports journal is reporting it.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by chrisical(m): 12:57am On Jan 05, 2010
And the saga continues!
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by xterra2(m): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2010
He was at the Same airport that Mutallab used in getting to US.
Why faking two documents
Now you see why we are called Terrorist?
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by spikedcylinder: 1:11am On Jan 05, 2010
otawa:

Are we sure it is the real Agali or an impostor using 'Agali's head'

Too much yorrywood movies are bad for your brain. cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 05, 2010
Oga o. . . .wonders wonders wonders.

This is too embarrassing. . . .couldnt he have waited for the Mutallab incident to die down?
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 05, 2010
flying while black
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 05, 2010
rotfl grin grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by bobby18: 8:53am On Jan 05, 2010
my dear friends cheesy,

let us not run into conclusions embarassed, you don't know dutch police, remember the case of a somali or a kenyan woman from canada who was also accused
of carrying fake passport , here in Netherland, the dutch police always call documents issued in another country as fake cool.
I am 100% sure this is a mistake cheesy & don't forget the date of the inciden coolt.
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by jice(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2010
Let this story be told in error.

This is one scam too much.

God help us from this one week one name
cheesy grin angry sad
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by tayoast(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2010
I'll like 2 believe sth went wrong smwhere.

Hw could a football player, Agali, be carrying fake passports??
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by 28Schweet(f): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2010
Hmmm. lets see could this be true or not, cool, me thinks it's hogwash, but knowing our 9ja's it probarbly could be, guy probarbly forgot he didn't have to travel fake, cause he's made it, cheesy
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Dotman01(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
Am speachless!
Re: Nigerian Footballer - Victor Agali - Arrested In Amsterdam With Fake Passports! by Davifeghe(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
I wish i would have know the opposite of SORRY! is needed for this Cain essue,
anyway is only NIGERIA China's will be moving free with fake passport, fake products, the man serf if you check am well is fake, But nobody will ask them any qsT.

(1) (Reply)

How Halliburton Bribed Top 80 Nigerians / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 / North Korea Kim Jong Un Execute Its Top Army General (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.