Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better (14967 Views)

Peter Obi And Osita Chidoka, Are Secessionists~ Kayode Ogundamisi Declares / Give Me Proof That Igbos Are Supporting Atiku. / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by najoke: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
[s]
midol:
Why are we yoruba muslims fighting to keep lugard's nigeria one. Did lugard unite us with awon Hausa ati ibo because he loves us or because he was drunk?[/s]
Trash.....as usual......out of scope comment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2017
Kemperor:

So how do u intend to solve the problem of tribalism that has paralyzed the country since the amalgamation in 1914?

If tribalism is the virus that is eating Nigeria just as you claimed then why is the North in poverty knowing fully well that they have produced over 85% of Nigeria leaders..

Mr. the country has no foundation and will never have...

No vision but mission to exploit other regions and the masses....

Don't know if you are a Christian and I asked because the Bible says in Amos 3:3:
Shall two walk together, except they have agreed?

Nigeria has no foundation and can never work!!!!!!!

Brother, there are thousands of tribes on the continent. You can divide every country until your heart is content, there will still be multiple tribes. It is in our blood. Any seceding country from Nigeria will still have 4+ tribes. So dividing isn't a solution, it only takes you back to square 1.

And the country is working for many people. There are many actors, business men, musicians, app creators, and others who are making a fortune in Nigeria and are VERY successful. So don't speak for everyone. It is not perfect by any means but it is working for many people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Dedetwo(m): 12:31am On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:
Not opinion, not fantasy, not hateful tribalistic comments. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources , as to how exactly any country split from Nigeria will be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. I want answers.

Let's recap,

1. Nigeria has Africa's Largest GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

2. Nigeria has the largest amount of internet users: http://answersafrica.com/africa-internet-usage-statistics.html

3. Nigeria has the second largest film industry in the world: http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

4. Nigeria has the largest music industry in africa (I don't even need to cite this. http://www.africanbusinesscentral.com/2016/10/24/the-boom-in-africas-music-industry-continues/)

5. Nigerians own 2 of the top 3 spot of richest men in Africa (everyone else in top 5 is white): https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So again, i'm open to discussion. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a spilt country would be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. Answer the question below Don't derail, or change the subject, just answer the question.

You have now in Nigeria is worse than broken. The taste is always in the eating. By the way, are you slow? I urge you to take a peek at the disintegrated USSR, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. There are rapid developments without ethnic hindrance.

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by deboysben(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2017
To the op, even if you give him a thousand proof, he can never accept, he will keep turning your proof down and still asking you to give proof. a typical deluded creature.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:
That's an answer, but not to my question. So i'll take that as you can't prove that Biafra or any other secession you promote would be any better off than Nigeria
I don't have to prove anything to you, you will see with ur eyes that all the regions will do better on their own, any way, which region are you from??

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:

This is false. Ammunition and arms were provided by the France, as they sought to overtake the British's oil interest, and apartheid south africa also supported with biafra weapons probably to cripple the Nigerian force of african people that would end up being powerful enough to finance the end of apartheid in south africa.

what is false??, that did not build their own weapons or refineries??

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2017
TheStronghold:

1. That's the case with every country in the world.
2. There are multiple ethnicities all over the south, so the problem will still be there.
3. And any seceding country will be poor as well and what makes this time different with a new country? The political leaders in the south east? The ones that are there now?
bros i don't understand your headache about this, if we are poor, what difference will it make?? will we be poorer than we are today?? how is it your problem if we are poor??

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

The initial part of your post shows the sort of upbringing you had, I'll ignore that.

You still haven't answered the questions in my posts. You'll think it doesn't matter until loafers like Ekweremadu and Uba start fighting for the leadership of Biafra.
how is this your problem for God's sake??

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Okoyiboz3: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2017
melodyogonna:
how is this your problem for God's sake??

Political conflict in Biafra would cause refugees to spill over into surrounding countries. These refugees would be a strain on infrastructure and constitute security risks.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 10:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Political conflict in Biafra would cause refugees to spill over into surrounding countries. These refugees would be a strain on infrastructure and constitute security risks.
is it by force to accept refugees?? u reject them if you don't want them, how is that your problem??

5 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Kemperor: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:

Brother, there are thousands of tribes on the continent. You can divide every country until your heart is content, there will still be multiple tribes. It is in our blood. Any seceding country from Nigeria will still have 4+ tribes. So dividing isn't a solution, it only takes you back to square 1.

And the country is working for many people. There are many actors, business men, musicians, app creators, and others who are making a fortune in Nigeria and are VERY successful. So don't speak for everyone. It is not perfect by any means but it is working for many people.

There is no money in the Nigeria movie industry...

Come to think of it what does the north contribute in the all the sectors you mentioned

Allow Biafra to go because they owe you nothing.. They don't want the alliance anymore... They feel marginalized... They want to be on their own.. What is so difficult there
Na by force...

It is better to start in square one than chilling in square 57 where there is no hope of unity...

Like I said before the foundation is weak...

How do u make better the foundation of a building??

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
melodyogonna:
is it by force to accept refugees?? u reject them if you don't want them, how is that your problem??
What country wants to be surrounded by failed ones?
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
Kemperor:

There is no money in the Nigeria movie industry...

Come to think of it what does the north contribute in the all the sectors you mentioned

Allow Biafra to go because they owe you nothing.. They don't want the alliance anymore... They feel marginalized... They want to be on their own.. What is so difficult there
Na by force...

It is better to start in square one than chilling in square 57 where there is no hope of unity...

Like I said before the foundation is weak...

How do u make better the foundation of a building??
Tell that to the actors and directors that are now all millionaires.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by freeze001(f): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:

Which is then why Nigeria should be eliminated cos it is a failed country by all indices. The South Sudan u conveniently use as an example of a failed state after separation still has its very rich and successful ones despite the general malaise and mess that besets them.

MrMaestro:

Tell that to the actors and directors that are now all millionaires.

The success and riches of a few individuals do not translate to general well-being of the majority and is not the mark of good development. Otherwise Nigeria has the richest man in Africa but where is Nigeria ranked on regional and international indices of development? Of what good is Dangote's riches if his region is still recorded ad the poorest and ravaged by the worst diseases possible?
Even in wartime when u have possibly the worst human living conditions, there are people who make the most wealth. Does it stop their country from being war-torn and poor? Referring to actors as being rich and therefore enough reason to show that Nigeria is working is myopic at best.

Look at the NE. Is it not now the cynosure of all eyes in the name of rebuilding and reconstructing due to the unending BH menace? Do you not have billionaires from that region? Indimi for instance? Is it not funds for the so called reconstruction that are being smuggled and diverted by the likes of the SGF under investigation? Even in such pathetic conditions, a few are still getting rich. Movies about the terrible state of the IDPs and stuff will be made, actors earn good money but does it address the problem beyond creation of awareness?

The years of destruction of the Niger Delta and Biafran War effects have been translated into various movies. Has the FG addressed the problems of the ND? But actors, actresses, producers and sponsors have made money. Does that mean all is well with Nig because a few have excelled? Militants are threatening to go back to the trenches now because the untouchable central government has scammed them with promises they do not intend to keep. Politicians use the same persisting problems to canvas votes and go hide in the same central govt because the constitution gives the central govt that sole responsibility so state governors cannot do anything by law. Year in and out the call for decentralisation and devolution of power from the centre to federating units or regions are made yet nothing comes of it and Northerners particularly refuse to consider same because the current system is skewed in their favour. So what next? Fold hands and watch or decide to cut your losses and forge ahead under a separate arrangement since going to war is untenable now?

Look at first world, developed countries, they are mostly homogenous with the exception of a few like the US. Beyond that, the federating units are largely autonomous and not tied to the centre. No central govt in the US, UK or France for instance, commandeers resources from the regions and shares as it wills with the majority retained by the centre. That is what decentralisation and restructuring represents. In the absence of that, secession remains the viable alternative in order to correct these anomalies with the consent of the majority occupying the seceded region. Arab nations are mostly homogenous with the majority sect or tribe in power, that is why they succeed with their dictatorships. For real progress however, look at the UAE and see what real decentralisation can bring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by laudate: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
freeze001:
Which is then why Nigeria should be eliminated cos it is a failed country by all indices. The South Sudan u conveniently use as an example of a failed state after separation still has its very rich and successful ones despite the general malaise and mess that besets them.

Ehn?? undecided You said: "The South Sudan u conveniently use as an example of a failed state after separation still has its very rich and successful ones.." How exactly is South Sudan still successful, please?? shocked
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by freeze001(f): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
laudate:

Ehn?? undecided You said: "The South Sudan u conveniently use as an example of a failed state after separation still has its very rich and successful ones.." How exactly is South Sudan still successful, please?? shocked

Read slowly and carefully:
freeze001:

In other words, South Sudan is beset by a lot of mess and a general malaise but there are still rich billionaires among its citizens. It doesn't make the entire country rich and successful. Read through the entire post u excised this bit from so u can understand my point. Not every South Sudanese citizen is poor but the few rich ones do not translate to positive reviews for the country.

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
freeze001:

The success and riches of a few individuals do not translate to general well-being of the majority and is not the mark of good development. Otherwise Nigeria has the richest man in Africa but where is Nigeria ranked on regional and international indices of development? Of what good is Dangote's riches if his region is still recorded ad the poorest and ravaged by the worst diseases possible?
Even in wartime when u have possibly the worst human living conditions, there are people who make the most wealth. Does it stop their country from being war-torn and poor? Referring to actors as being rich and therefore enough reason to show that Nigeria is working is myopic at best.

Look at the NE. Is it not now the cynosure of all eyes in the name of rebuilding and reconstructing due to the unending BH menace? Do you not have billionaires from that region? Indimi for instance? Is it not funds for the so called reconstruction that are being smuggled and diverted by the likes of the SGF under investigation? Even in such pathetic conditions, a few are still getting rich. Movies about the terrible state of the IDPs and stuff will be made, actors earn good money but does it address the problem beyond creation of awareness?

The years of destruction of the Niger Delta and Biafran War effects have been translated into various movies. Has the FG addressed the problems of the ND? But actors, actresses, producers and sponsors have made money. Does that mean all is well with Nig because a few have excelled? Militants are threatening to go back to the trenches now because the untouchable central government has scammed them with promises they do not intend to keep. Politicians use the same persisting problems to canvas votes and go hide in the same central govt because the constitution gives the central govt that sole responsibility so state governors cannot do anything by law. Year in and out the call for decentralisation and devolution of power from the centre to federating units or regions are made yet nothing comes of it and Northerners particularly refuse to consider same because the current system is skewed in their favour. So what next? Fold hands and watch or decide to cut your losses and forge ahead under a separate arrangement since going to war is untenable now?

Look at first world, developed countries, they are mostly homogenous with the exception of a few like the US. Beyond that, the federating units are largely autonomous and not tied to the centre. No central govt in the US, UK or France for instance, commandeers resources from the regions and shares as it wills with the majority retained by the centre. That is what decentralisation and restructuring represents. In the absence of that, secession remains the viable alternative in order to correct these anomalies with the consent of the majority occupying the seceded region. Arab nations are mostly homogenous with the majority sect or tribe in power, that is why they succeed with their dictatorships. For real progress however, look at the UAE and see what real decentralisation can bring.

I believe we need true federalism. Which solves a lot of the problems you mention.

And there's more than a few that are successful. There are many musicians, directors, actors, businessmen and women that are millionaires in Nigeria. And no they're not royalty or have powerful families. Not everyone is rich, but it is ridiculous to think any developing country will have a massive amount of people getting wealthy. A few would get wealthy, then a portion of the poor will enter the middle class, it's happening in Nigeria and other developing countries around the world. You realize India and China have more people in poverty than all of Africa right? No developing country has the masses getting wealthy at the outset. Not India, not China, not Brazil, and not Nigeria. That's just a fact of life. Disintegration won't change that.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by BigIyanga: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Naija is a proof of failure in the last 60 years.. insanity is doing same thing all over hoping for a different result.
A loose federating unit with FG not controlling all the resources and acting like Santa Claus. Let all regions control their resources and pay taxes to FG. Naija can never work the way it's structured!!

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by freeze001(f): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:

I believe we need true federalism. Which solves a lot of the problems you mention.

And there's more than a few that are successful. There are many musicians, directors, actors, businessmen and women that are millionaires in Nigeria. And no they're not royalty or have powerful families. Not everyone is rich, but it is ridiculous to think any developing country will have a massive amount of people getting wealthy. No developing country has the masses getting wealthy. Not India, not China, not Brazil, and not Nigeria. That's just a fact of life. Disintegration won't change that.

In the event that 'true' federalism is not even on the front burner as a subject of discourse, what do u expect the core proponents ie the SE, SS and the SW to an extent, to do? Take up arms like militants do sometimes or demand a break-up/secession to enable the establishment of the 'true federalism'?

The successful ones are in the minority by every standard in Nigeria today and that is why almost 70% of Nigerians live on $1 or less per day. Do some of these same actors not come out to solicit funds in cases of ill health? And this is to enable them travel abroad for good health care thus breeding capital flight and health tourism. Why is this so? Is it not because health care in Nigeria is a total mess? In federal hospitals that should be better funded, patients have to buy their own gloves and syringes for the doctors to examine them. Is that normal? Shouldn't such basics be provided by the hospital management? It is a function of over-centralised governance and thus, the governments closer to these institutions do not do any investigation and supervision. The same madness is replicated in state and local hospitals where the majority can afford. What happens then?

It is these public utilities that are rated and by which standard the entire country is judged, not by individual mansions and businesses. If the 'Giant of Africa' cannot own and manage a simple national carrier/airline or fix electricity, what are we talking about? Of course there are poor people even in the almighty USA and UK but standards of living are high! Children are entitled to free healthcare and education nationwide to high school level in schools of good standards not like our disgusting public schools. Student loans are obtainable for higher education. Senior citizens get free transportation, healthcare, half prices at restaurants and so on, where is Nigeria? Come down to Africa, can we be compared with South Africa or Ethiopia or Seychelles? Do Nigerians not troop to these countries for good education, even to Ghana and Cotonou? Then to cap it off, those certificates are better recognised here in Nig than our local certificates meanwhile u can hardly get enrolled for any full-time courses in these other countries till u do a certification or foundation course to correct deficiencies! Life expectancy nko? Herdsmen creating a nuisance all over the country, will Biafra or Oduduwa have such? Hell No! With their wahala we still import milk and beef so what really are we talking about?

Look, face the facts. We are no longer better off as one in this structure. Since 'true' federalism is a mirage of sorts, the best option is to split peacefully.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by melodyogonna(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:
speak for yourself only.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by godson4u79(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
Enough of all this specious advice or thoughts about Nigeria still remaining as a unified entity. Those points raised or advice given by our politicians and various states men is a “Trojan horse gift” of a kind.

Nigeria needs to split up for every individual region to determine its own strength and weaknesses and use it for them betterment of her own indigenous citizens..

No one is gaining from a unified Nigeria, expect the few political rich class, most abled graduate youths and adults are either unemployed or underemployed, crime rate is on the rise, there seems no hope for the future generations and many more ills.

I say this anyone calling for Nigeria not to split up is definitely ill-informed and such individual is definitely an enemy of himself and future generations. So many things are wrong with our current system of existence.

The common man on the street is gaining nothing from the Commonwealth of this nation.. Therefore everyone feels cheated. The few political ones have recolonised the abundant populace.

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Dedetwo(m): 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
MrMaestro:
Not opinion, not fantasy, not hateful tribalistic comments. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources , as to how exactly any country split from Nigeria will be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. I want answers.

Let's recap,

1. Nigeria has Africa's Largest GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

2. Nigeria has the largest amount of internet users: http://answersafrica.com/africa-internet-usage-statistics.html

3. Nigeria has the second largest film industry in the world: http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

4. Nigeria has the largest music industry in africa (I don't even need to cite this. http://www.africanbusinesscentral.com/2016/10/24/the-boom-in-africas-music-industry-continues/)

5. Nigerians own 2 of the top 3 spot of richest men in Africa (everyone else in top 5 is white): https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So again, i'm open to discussion. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a spilt country would be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. Answer the question below Don't derail, or change the subject, just answer the question.

The only proof remains that Niger-Area is dead-end. What is one thing good about Nigeria?
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by kingzizzy: 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
MrMaestro:

Let's recap,

Yoy want proof? Read the below:

History

1945 Jos Riots:- Hundreds of Igbos killed

1953 Kano massacre:- Hundreds of Igbo massacred

July 1966:- Over 300 Igbo officers of the Nigerian Army murdered

1966:- Over 50,000 Igbos, men, women and children massacred all over the North

1967-70:- Over 3 million souls lost in the civil war in the name of 'one Nigeria'

Other situations where Igbos have been killed are:

Kano 1980
Maiduguri 1982
Jimeta 1984
Gombe 1985
Zaria 1987
Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
Bauchi & Katsina 1991
Kano 1991
Zangon-Kataf 1992
Funtua 1993
Kano 1994
Kaduna 2000
Kaduna 2001
Maiduguri 2001
Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
Kaduna 2002
Jos-November 2008
Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
Jos Christmas Eve 2010
Madalla Christmas day 2011
Mubi January 6 2012

This is the cost of "One Nigeria"

Having read all this, tell me you think a united Nigeria makes sense?

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 1:47am On Jul 18, 2017
melodyogonna:
Am not sure i own you any reason why i want to be free, do i??

Then when you get Biafra, another Town in Biafra will claim they wana break free too and so it goes on and on until each Village becomes a "Nation", Innit? shocked
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 1:50am On Jul 18, 2017
kingzizzy:

Yoy want proof? Read the below:

Having read all this, tell me you think a united Nigeria makes sense?

It's true the stats are bad.

But, we need to, collectively, find a way to address the problem, not run away from the problem in the name of cessession.
Or have we lost all hope?
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by pazienza(m): 2:00am On Jul 18, 2017
GrandGarcon:
It is not an irony but common sense. Take Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay and tie their legs to each other's leg and see if they will break world and Olympic records. Common sense is one thing that is not common in Nigeria.

Someone with common sense, at last! Phew! What a relief. Saved me the stress of typing long post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Tampinu(m): 2:16am On Jul 18, 2017
GrandGarcon:
It is not an irony but common sense. Take Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay and tie their legs to each other's leg and see if they will break world and Olympic records. Common sense is one thing that is not common in Nigeria.

The problem is that we are focussing on who is smarter, who is better, who is more commercially successful etc

As long as we have that mindset, we are already prejudicing the prospects of unity because we will always subconsciously consider the other party inferiors and unworthy of equal partnership etc

If we need to move forward together, we must see ourselves firstly as equals wishing to make collective progress.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Curlieweed: 5:03am On Jul 18, 2017
deboysben:
To the op, even if you give him a thousand proof, he can never accept, he will keep turning your proof down and still asking you to give proof. a typical deluded creature.

I blame the people ( including myself now) commenting on this nonsensical thread.

Can you give me "verifiable proof" that tomorrow will be better than today? How can someone provide "verifiable" proof for something that hasn't even freaking happened yet.

This is just too moronic for me.

5 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by xelly: 6:00am On Jul 18, 2017
MrMaestro:

Let's recap,

We will not have Herdsmen killing people in cold blood without justice. I.e killing will reduce, justice will be for all.
We will not have policy makers considering their region
There will be equity
No one will drag us back in terms of development
There will be holistic and free minded approach to the need of the people. I.e seaports and airport
Employment won't be by region but by your ability to deliver

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by freshest4live: 6:46am On Jul 18, 2017
xelly:

We will not have Herdsmen killing people in cold blood without justice. I.e killing will reduce, justice will be for all.
We will not have policy makers considering their region
There will be equity
No one will drag us back in terms of development
There will be holistic and free minded approach to the need of the people. I.e seaports and airport
Employment won't be by region but by your ability to deliver

All of these things can be taken care of without secession.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 18, 2017
MrMaestro:

.... seceding country from Nigeria will still have 4+ tribes...

4 tribes with similar cultures and ways of doing things will be more peaceful than just 2 tribes with opposite cultures and stark differences in ways of doing things.

The number of tribes is not the issue but how closely are these tribes and how cultural close are their ideologies?

Most European country have one thing in common - near homogeneity. People with shared values and culture inhabit a country, unlike Nigeria where and Hausa man that believes that women shouldn't be seen and find some of the changes that could foster growth and development as a spite to their religion and cultural believes. While what the South find normal in terms of development and advancement is aberrant to most people up North, compromise seems to be the only peaceful way out. For over 50 years we have been shifting ground to either please the South or the North without making any actual progress.

I am of the opinion that people should be grouped based on how close they are culturally and how identical their ideologies are rather than based on political convenience.

4 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Warship: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
freshest4live:
All of these things can be taken care of without secession.

Why haven't your heroes stopped the herdsmen killing.?

Why haven't your heroes ensure that every region is carried along.?

Nigeria is foregone case

New nations are about to be born

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Petrol Marketers To Embark On Strike Over N250bn Unpaid Subsidy / Why Nigerian Shiites Should Be Allowed To Fully Practice Their Faith — US Envoy / PDP Governors To Obaseki: We Will Help You Actualise Your Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.