Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism (6895 Views)

Chinwe Chibuike Foundation, Others Hold 1000 Man Walk Against Hepatitis In Benue / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / 500 Osun Youths Ready To Walk Against Drug Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by edunwablog: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2017
The second edition of fitness and wellness event- the Abuja Colour Blast – billed to create awareness for the public about autism will hold on April 29. The 5km walk through some of the major roads of Abuja is adopted by The Zamarr Institute (TZR) as a charity to lend support to autism awareness and education.

Prince Ulurcha of FitCity Club, said the non-competitive fitness and lifestyle festival will attract Abuja celebrities, families and students to a massive networking event.

The event entails run, walk, skate and bike. The route will begin at Millennium Park, Maitama, pass through Aguiyi-Ironsi Street, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent all the way to Ahmadu Bello Way and finish at Millennium Park. The participants will register their interest to select any of the three event packages. Over 200 participants featured at the maiden edition held last year.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/abuja-to-stage-walk-against-autism.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by samincredible44(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2017
this is d type of walk we ought to be having not d one in support of a corrupt politician

4 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by successmatters(m): 6:45am On Apr 23, 2017
We need to walk against bad government first. This government is a disaster.

How many people does autism kill in a year? Fulani herdsmen kill hundreds every month and render most families poor as they chase them away and graze on their farmlands.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by baylord101(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Autism is not a disease, so stop discriminating

I wish I can join the walk but I wish them peaceful walk.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by id4sho(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Wetin be autism
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2017
samincredible44:
this is d type of walk we ought to be having not d one in support of a corrupt politician

Spot on. .
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Chrisozone: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Goodluck to those that will be there
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by chinawapz(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
I don hear oo
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Goddex: 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Will Bubu join?

Nigeria needs a healthy president.
We should jointly kick this man out in 2019

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Tazdroid(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
successmatters:

How many people does autism kill in a year? Fulani herdsmen kill hundreds every month and render most families poor as they chase them away and graze on their farmlands.

Who go lead the way?
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by WhistleB(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
I will be there.
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by baylord101(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2017
id4sho:
Wetin be autism
it's a behavioural pattern different from the normal conventional way. Yoruba call it #Arindin but that qualification is too weird
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by ReubenE(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2017
successmatters:

Deep words

I think what we need is a march against bad governance in Nigeria as it is presently in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by mrendaud(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2017
It's a walk for, not against autism.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by YesNo(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2017
it is a nice thing to do... and for a very good cause too.

but it doesn't matter if we walk from Abuja to China.
As long as it is this same Nigeria where billions of naira is budgeted for Aso Rock hospital and they come to tell you that the hospital lacks drugs just after a few months...
A country where people still die of malaria, in large numbers, yearly.

Nigeria, A big ship with plenty holes. The funny thing is that the holes were made by people in the ship.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by adeniyi3971(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Against autism or autism awareness!!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by BeenieB: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Yes people need to be aware, its not witchcraft embarassed
Wish I could be part of this cool

No walk in Lagos
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by yomalex(m): 7:37am On Apr 23, 2017
a
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by YesNo(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2017
BeenieB:
Yes people need to be aware, its not witchcraft embarassed
Wish I could be part of this cool

No walk in Lagos

nice point, it is not witchcraft.
awareness can do a lot of good in reducing this reoccurring problem in the Nigerian society.
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Dottune(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
Your headline is rather misleading, how can you call an "Awareness Walk" a "Walk Against Autism". Are they planning to protest against Autism or create more Awareness about the disorder?

Nigerians ehn

3 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by BeenieB: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:

nice point, it is not witchcraft.
awareness can do a lot of good in reducing this reoccurring problem in the Nigerian society.

Yes, the kind of prayers given to my younger bro when we were kids ehn! Gosh!!

They just need love,care and proper medication, they are usually clever and fun to be with smiley
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Zaitoon: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
More like autism awareness.

I have met with one autistic little girl before, she is very repetitive like wanting to repeat one particular shoe,so her parents had to buy her more of that same shoe because she would not wear another one for anything in this world.

She is so adorable and she likes arranging things mostly her toys

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by chi4ik(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
which kind English is this? walk against autism or for? I'm just confused

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by tsmith(f): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
edunwablog:
The second edition of fitness and wellness event- the Abuja Colour Blast – billed to create awareness for the public about autism will hold on April 29. The 5km walk through some of the major roads of Abuja is adopted by The Zamarr Institute (TZR) as a charity to lend support to autism awareness and education.

Prince Ulurcha of FitCity Club, said the non-competitive fitness and lifestyle festival will attract Abuja celebrities, families and students to a massive networking event.

The event entails run, walk, skate and bike. The route will begin at Millennium Park, Maitama, pass through Aguiyi-Ironsi Street, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent all the way to Ahmadu Bello Way and finish at Millennium Park. The participants will register their interest to select any of the three event packages. Over 200 participants featured at the maiden edition held last year.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/abuja-to-stage-walk-against-autism.html

It's should be a walk in support of autism or for autism not against it. It's a walk against something when that thing can or should be eradicated. Autism can't be stopped, it's a natural birth occurence. Agree there is need to create awareness and for people to learn how to embrace this.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Deilluminator(m): 7:50am On Apr 23, 2017
Tazdroid:

Who go lead the way?
Tu face tried but later turned a coward. Let's go and beg him maybe he can summon the courage.
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Dottune(m): 7:52am On Apr 23, 2017
successmatters:

Your thinking is not straight at all and ignorance is written all over your post. How can you ask "how many people does autism kill in a year?" Do you know what family that have these children go through or what the children with autism go through at all?

Instead of carrying your hate to infest and derail this thread, open a new thread and spew your hate there.
It wouldn't be bad of you to lead the "Walk against the government" and I'm sure if they call for one sef, you wouldn't turn up either.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by kizygist: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2017
lol tu face did his best though. See the newly released brand log of Cossy Ojiakor
http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/04/see-newly-released-brand-logo-of-cossy.html

Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by sakalisis(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Okies
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by Preye1599(m): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2017
After the walk will autism go away
Re: Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism by ElGeo(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2017
We actually need a serious awareness on what Autism is all about and we should put a stop to every discriminating act towards them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Change My Genotype? / Types Of Breastfeeding / Resident Doctors to Ngige: We deserve the right to ask for salary increment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.