Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him (25778 Views)

10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On / Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On / 7 Years After Dagrin Died, These Are 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Adebowale89(m): 11:42am On Apr 23, 2017
mo like booty yen gan mehn, mo fe fi se office

to ba ro Iro mefa, mo shi ma notice

shey o mo ni girl, to ba mo bi mo shey ko e je

to ba je mo ni booty ni, ma ti ko e je

so fi Jo mommy ni, abi ti mommy no poooo

you know I like a lots of booty, so they call me ekun

I've seen a lots of booty but ti e yaato, to ba dele mi, mo ma fi a patan

ko need kajo negotiate, kito wole penetrate

o ye ti ma fun e, mo pe o ma appreciate

omo ele kini to yii po, se kole jabo, o sure pe o so po

o mo ikan to wonder mi, kilo shake nibe

live on hero

14 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Babamide(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Now playing

End of time by MI abaga
Where have you gone now? Is it where angels fly, angels fly
When will we see your face again? Is at the end of time, end of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by heckymaicon(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2017
live on champion for life
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Aburi001: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2017
pressplay411:
It's no surprise. He was a conscious rapper whose lyrics touched social issues and were relatable across all ages.
He lives on through his music. RIP Lyrical Akogun.
And one IPOB guy asked me if Dagrin was
Olamide's driver?

I told him no, that Dagrin was Olamide's gate man.....Fool!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by nnokwa042(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
dagrin made naija indigenous rap what it is today... i know ya all will call nigga raw or Lord of Ajasa ....but listen to their lyrics and then compare it to the current indigenous rappers and see the difference ....he set a standard for indigenous rap ...and it keeps getting better and better
pls say indigenous Yoruba rappers to Igbos nigga raw is first to Hausa's Dan maraya Jo's may be their number one ,dagrin rap with Yoruba nigga raw rap with Igbo Dan maraya jos rap with hausa

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
nnokwa042:
pls say indigenous Yoruba rappers to Igbos nigga raw is first to Hausa's Dan maraya Jo's may be their number one ,dagrin rap with Yoruba nigga raw rap with Igbo Dan maraya jos rap with hausa
you dont get the message at least i acknowledged nigga raw,what am saying is compare the flows of nigga raw back then to the current rappers now phyno,zoro etc bro accept the fact Dagrin changed the indigenous rap game

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by femi4: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Tapout:
i cried when I heard about his death cry he was the definition of a badoo... Any other person wey dey form or call emself badoo na learner....

pm me n I'll give u names grin
Ode!
Dagrin is Dagrin...and Badoo is Badoo. You can't call Dagrin badoo and vise versa. Their styles are different.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by femi4: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
dagrin made naija indigenous rap what it is today... i know ya all will call nigga raw or Lord of Ajasa ....but listen to their lyrics and then compare it to the current indigenous rappers and see the difference ....he set a standard for indigenous rap ...and it keeps getting better and better
You are wrong...Lords of Ajasa set the standard. Listen to "Otiya" by lord of Ajasa and you ll bow

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
You are wrong...Lords of Ajasa set the standard. Listen to "Otiya" by lord of Ajasa and you ll bow
ajasa came before dagrin yes but compare dagrins lyrics to lord of ajasa and those that came after dagrin you will see the difference ....Dagrin made naija indigenious rap what it is today

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by policy12: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dagrin...R.I.P Ghetto track remain my best.
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by tex25: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rip young soldier forever in our heart!

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Drienzia: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadrach77:
Overrated...ya'll trying to turn him to 9ja's Tupac. His rapping was just there cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed
Abi o. even me cef de surprise iffa de read their comments, e con be as if no Be dargrin wey I know.which lyrics them de talk cef?

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by femi4: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
ajasa came before dagrin yes but compare dagrins lyrics to lord of ajasa and those that came after dagrin you will see the difference ....Dagrin made naija indigenious rap what it is today
We are talking about setting standard.....Give it to Ajasa....Dagrin only followed the template.

Ajasa used English, pidgin and Yoruba so well lyrically that his hit single Otiya was no1 for many weeks.

The fact that there was a hit track before pon pon pon by Dagrin made it difficult to ignore the pacesetter. Otiya is evergreen.

Talking about taking it to another level...that's olamide cos he sings raps and gave us many hits
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Baba4dgals: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
naijacentric:
Lyrical werey i always imagine how big u would av been if u were to be alive RIP barack o grin
Olamide wud stil b an upcoming artist if he's stil alive

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Baba4dgals: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
funmilade4real:
Akogun sun re ooo.
we were supposed to do one hit track together, i was writing my verse when my friends called to break the News.

Iku do ro
so na lik dat dagrin death kill ur own star wey u no blow 7yrs after... Smh

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by imam07: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dagrin was an instrumentalist. He used it better than the others. U fall in love with the lyrics and the instrumental.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
We are talking about setting standard.....Give it to Ajasa....Dagrin only followed the template.

Ajasa used English, pidgin and Yoruba so well lyrically that his hit single Otiya was no1 for many weeks.

The fact that there was a hit track before pon pon pon by Dagrin made it difficult to ignore the pacesetter. Otiya is evergreen.

Talking about taking it to another level...that's olamide cos he sings raps and gave us many hits
ajasa came before dagrin agreed but dagrin set the standard ..compare ajasa rhymes and flows to dagrin ....olamide currently is still following dagrins template too

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Elnino4ladies: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Babamide:
Where have you gone now? Is it where angels fly, angels fly
When will we see your face again? Is at the end of time, end of time

You are right bro

Lovly song
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Galacious1: 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
The only Naija artiste I still play his song. That dude was dope.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by femi4: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
ajasa came before dagrin agreed but dagrin set the standard ..compare ajasa rhymes and flows to dagrin ....olamide currently is still following dagrins template too
You don't know what you are saying.

Olamide sings, Dagrin doesn't.....so where is the template. Don't be sentimental because dagin is dead.

The first Yoruba rap hit tack is "Otiya" by Ajasa. That's standard.... and millions of you cannot take it away from him.

Keshi led in the journey of Africa players playing abroad, though they might surpass him in foreign honors ...still doesn't change the fact that he was the standard

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by naijacentric(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
Baba4dgals:
Olamide wud stil b an upcoming artist if he's stil alive
correct olamide no reach oo even phyno is better dan him i wonder wat a colabo wif dagrin n phyno would look like!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Dopeluiz(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Respect to The Great Dagrin.. He paved the way for the likes of Olamide and Ola dipps to be heard.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
You don't know what you are saying.

Olamide sings, Dagrin doesn't.....so where is the template. Don't be sentimental because dagin is dead.

The first Yoruba rap hit tack is "Otiya" by Ajasa. That's standard.... and millions of you cannot take it away from him.

Keshi led in the journey of Africa players playing abroad, though they might surpass him in foreign honors ...still doesn't change the fact that he was the standard
first yoruba track was by jjc skills not ajasa

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
se Democracy leley abi crazy Demo Oluwa saanu wa dakun mamaje kaje go bawa tu awon ijoba koto di quarter to mode pariwo titi funyin pe kema dibo!
joo oooo RIP Chief Executive Omo Ita (CEO) a o le gbagbe re rara, titi dojo 'pade wa
you'll be remembered till then, o lenu b i , Pon pon pon pon pon PAA!!!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by femi4: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
first yoruba track was by jjc skills not ajasa
lol....last time i checked i wrote hit track
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Timiblanko(m): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Lakside1955(m): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
When I heard the breaking news from STV screen news back then, I don't know when I started crying uncontrollable at that time, the guy lyrics was just too good to ignore.
Just listen to the likes of
Thank God ft Omowunmi
9ice - loni ni ft dagreen
Owo ati swagger ft cartiar, Terry Da rapman
Come back home ft PK
Champion remix - General pype, naeto C, sasha
2 much money ft Fresh
Bro, the list is just endless, continue to rest in peace the king embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by abioyeolaide(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
He has helped alot of rapper (Yoruba) to shine. May ur gentle rest in peace. I!!! respect u you alot barrack O'grin
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Dolypson04(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
I was traveling in PMT bus by June last year when the driver played Pon pon pon.. Almost every guy in the bus irrespective of tribe sang along. An Igbo girl between age 13-14 obviously captivated noticed that and she asked me..
"Uncle was Dagrin a good man?" I was lost in speech momentarily but I told her.
“Was Dagrin a good artiste, Yes"
"Was he a good man? That I can't tell.
RIP man. Your legacy lives on.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by mazzy740(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
sadR. I. P da C.E. O, aw I crave for ur collabo with olamide.
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Timiblanko(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Today is sunday the question should be were would he be now, LORD help me not to gain to world and lose my soul
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by classicoladammy: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
[b][/b]RIP CEO OMOITA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander With Kwam1, Foluke-Daramola, Shan-George & Emeka-Ike / Photos From Toke Makinwa's Slumber Party / Tonto Dikeh Calls Out An Assassin Allegedly Sent To Kill Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.