Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

How Big Is Your Farm?? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Big Is Your Farm?? (1225 Views)

Use Biopower Plus Organic Seaweed Fertilizer For Your Farm / Share Your Farm Pic Here Both Plant And Livestock / Easy Way To Wet Your Farm./and Cover Your Farm Wit Sun Protection Net. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2017
Farming is business. My farm is my business.

Is farming really about size?? But my big farm is a big business!

Your thoughts

Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good agricultural Practice Vs Farm size
Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Its not about how big, it all about how efficient and productive your farm is.

A small, fully irrigated farm that allows for all year round production is more productive than a large and unkempt farm.

Do the maths!

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
Does it occur to you that starting your large farm first with a trial or experimental field will save you lots of finances and stress

Try various seeds, each on an experimental plot first is the only sure way to determine which is best suited for your area or farm location.

Try various brand of agrochemicals or various concentrations of these chemical is best assuarance of there efficacy. E.g the concentration that will be efficient in Kano -with sandy/silt soil will never be same with Ijebu Ode -where the high rainfall, high relative humidity and loamy soil.

Try out on a small scale and expand with each new planting season!

Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by Kalusam(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2017
I totally agree with you Oga Saliu, farming is not about how big the land is its about how well you manage the land. Especially in exotic vegetables farming, a well irrigated and partially shaded half acre will yield more profit(especially in the dry season) than even an unshaded and irregular irrigated (hand watered) 1 acre during the same period...sadly you may need the same resources to completely setup and manage the two! Choice is yours...learn from the experiences of experienced hands like the OP before committing funds to farming big lands when you don't have enough to finish it...that is the beginning of failure.
Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2017
Kalusam:
I totally agree with you Oga Saliu, farming is not about how big the land is its about how well you manage the land. Especially in exotic vegetables farming, a well irrigated and partially shaded half acre will yield more profit(especially in the dry season) than even an unshaded and irregular irrigated (hand watered) 1 acre during the same period...sadly you may need the same resources to completely setup and manage the two! Choice is yours...learn from the experiences of experienced hands like the OP before committing funds to farming big lands when you don't have enough to finish it...that is the beginning of failure.
Im glad the message is well understood. Expect me around your farm sometimes soon. Let me come learn some new tricks.
Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 7:56pm On May 12, 2017
Are you starting a large farm soon??
Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2017
Why not start small

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yams for export from Nigeria

Re: How Big Is Your Farm?? by saliubello(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
How big

(1) (Reply)

July-august Farmland Discount Offer / Export & Import Trade Training. Enroll Now!! / Point Of Lay Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.