Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches (486 Views)

Mosques And Churches To Reopen In Lagos On August 7 & 9 Respectively / They Saw The Miracles But Didn't Believe. Who Else Can Do It? [photos] / Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches by lyricalz: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
When I was younger, in junior secondary school then I had hernia. Considering the fact that my parents where facing real financial difficulties then, I did not bother to disturb them. All I did was to kneel down before God prayed and cried almost all the tears in me. I continued praying and praying. I was healed completely. what a miracle, no pastor or prophet involved, no doctor or nurse it was just me and my God. That was the 1st time God proved himself to me that truly he is God. I believe in God and miracles too and not churches and pastors.

Re: I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches by thesicilian: 11:59am On Apr 23, 2017
Yeah, right. And I believe in education and knowlege but not in teachers and schools.
Re: I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches by donnie(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
You are still a babe.

Ephesians 4:11-12
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

Do you want to prosper?

2 Chronicles 20:20
"...Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."

Babes go to church so that God will do something for them; the mature know they have a role to play, something to give for the growth and proper functioning of the body.

The mature are aware of their heavenly calling as ambassadors and are about fulfilling their assignment. Rather than seek for help, the have become helpers, having discovered that all things are already theirs in Christ.

According to Eph 4:11-12 above, the pastors are meant to build and perfect the saints for the work of the ministry.

(1) (Reply)

Warning: A Dream 4 Christians To Consider (I Include Other Religions) / Why Is It So Hard To Remain A Born Again Christian? / Locals Praise Muslims For Helping Save Lives In Grenfell Tower (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.