Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Taking Over Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taking Over Nigeria (5430 Views)

The North Taking Over All Positions The SW Betrayed Southern Alliance-ifeduba / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi / Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
This thread is a fictional thread created to discuss the possibilities of taking over power in Nigeria either via revolution or coup. Contributors can please post information regarding location of military bases and infantry personnel in Nigeria, weapons required to achieve a successful coup or detailed plans on how to mount an offensive against the Nigerian military. Contributors can also includes name of notable Generals in the Nigerian who needs to be converted or eliminated to ensure the success of a revolution or coup. Contributors can also provide costs or estimate of amount needed to fund such a venture.

I will first like to focus on military weapons required

Coup/revolutionist militia men must have upgraded  weapons like the "expanded soldier systems":

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
For the advancement of artilery towards key military installations ,we will needs some of these:

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by klassyguy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
guy, the situation nigeria is in now is a perfect setup for the boys in green to take over. it's just that those who can actually do so have long been retired by OBJ. Abi what do u think happened during Idiagbon's regime? or during shagari's era? things hadn't even gone as bad as the president being out of the country for 40 something days. i even heard shagari was quetly packed out of the office.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2010
To begin a massive artilery assault on key military installation and security agencies we need some of these babies: Suppress and Fire

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by blacksta(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Some serious fantasy here - who is going to pay for all these
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by Choco5: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2010
If you dey crase. . .
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
We also need 100 trained snipers to be positioned at strategic points to take out Top targets like generals,politicians,majors e.t.c

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by Choco5: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
Moderator call SSS o this EmperorOlu dey plan to kill people.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
After the initial bombardment, infantry soldier will storm the military base, security agency and Aso rock in armoured vehicles, while gun ship helicopters will continue to pound the installation with air to ground rockets:

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by blacksta(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
Poster - Please stick to call of duty
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
After that the soldiers will disembark and engage in a fierce fire fight with ground troops securing each section one by one:

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
After realizing that they can't win the fight the soldiers will surrender to the invading troops and the country will be handed over to the person behind the invasion, there will celebration in the streets of the nation:

Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
blacksta:

Poster - Please stick to call of duty

LOL ,so you've play call of duty? Cool game hey? I have finished the first one ,i just got the second one Modern Warfare 2 but i am yet to finish it. You must agree the illustrated idea above is cool hey ?Imagine if you were in charge of the invasion and it became successful. Nigeria would have been liberated from those bastards. grin
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2010
Choco5:

Moderator call SSS o this EmperorOlu dey plan to kill people.

Could you please just stay away from me on this thread. If you are not intelligent enough to know that insults are not required here then fxck the hell off!Fxcking coward.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
Apart from finance another problem what nationalities will make up the invading army?nigerians or pure mercenaries?
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
asha 80:

Apart from finance another problem what nationalities will make up the invading army?nigerians or pure mercenaries?

Yeah, finance will be a major stumbling block but we could offer the company supplying the arms payment after we succeed, with state funds of course (surely the Nigerian people will understand grin ).

70% of infantry personnel will consist of Nigerian citizens while the remaining 30% will consist of highly trained mercenaries from other parts of Africa and beyond. The problem is where do you recruit committed Nigerians who will do this for the love of country not for a position in government?
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2010
Is there a war about to overtake Nigeria? shocked shocked
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by asha80(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Yeah, finance will be a major stumbling block but we could offer the company supplying the arms payment after we succeed, with state funds of course (surely the Nigerian people will understand grin ).

70% of infantry personnel will consist of Nigerian citizens while the remaining 30% will consist of highly trained mercenaries from other parts of Africa and beyond. The problem is where do you recruit committed Nigerians who will do this for the love of country not for a position in government?

That one go be even bigger problem than finance lipsrsealed
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
From my calculations, our mechanized divisions are ill equipped. We will only need between 10,000 to 30,000 troops.

The element of surprise is crucial, knowing how weak Nigerian military defence detection systems are and knowing old school our radar detection equipments are ,5 gunship helicopters can carry out a midnight raids at the air force base and destroy military planes with rockets, while other helicopters can attack the kaduna mechanized and artillery division and disable tanks as well as anti-tank guns.

By dawn the military will be a sitting duck suffered severe bombings during the night. It is the same technique the USA used in the beginning of the gulf war. Using Air power to suppress ground power.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by ChapelleS: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
I can't help LMAO. The Inspector General of police will always say that Nigerians are watching too much movie. We need to recruit all those Holly wood actors that don't die. Am not seeing any flying thing for drone attacks here,is not in the project Bleep overtake Naija
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by NIGboi(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
day dreaming!!
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
asha 80:

[/b]

That one go be even bigger problem than finance lipsrsealed

LOL , nobody wan die for nothing. You have to offer them something concrete, money perhaps? You can’t allow them in government because if you do so your leadership will be flawed from the beginning.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chapelle.S:

I can't help LMAO. The Inspector General of police will always say that Nigerians are watching too much movie. We need to recruit all those Holly wood actors that don't die. Am not seeing any flying thing for drone attacks here,is not in the project Bleep overtake Naija

Last time I checked with Lockheed & Martins a single drone costs $7 million dollars, that money can buy up to 6 super-fast tanks besides drone can only carry 2 missiles at a time and they are quite expensive to operate and fuel. There are only a few people in the world who can operate drone and most of them work for the USA.So a drone will not be feasible
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by oderemo(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
emperorolu,
seriously i was thinking you have a genuine plan be4,was tilting gradually to your idea of saving our dear country Nigeria, until now. i hate being taken for a ride. cool cool
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
ode remo:

emperorolu,
seriously i was thinking you have a genuine plan be4,was tilting gradually to your idea of saving our dear country Nigeria, until now. i hate being taken for a ride. cool cool

Brother don't worry,GOD is on our side.Every day for the thief ,one day for the owner.When it happen he go be like film trick.  grin
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by oderemo(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2010
Brother don't worry,GOD is on our side.Every day for the thief ,one day for the owner.When he happen he go be like film trick.

was cowering under my late grandfather rocking chair @ ode remo in the 60s during the biafra war when military personnel visits with their thundering booths, maybe i will still be cowering when you start your own onslaught @ ode remo . history, how come you want to repeat yourself. how.damn.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2010
grin grin
There's more to planning an invasion than just an actual military offensive. I suggest a subtle takeover of economic resources (particularly oil), especially in the S.E. zone as a preliminary strategy, before the offensive assault. ND militants could possibly help with this. A meeting can be arranged with key militant leaders to establish a sleeper cell unit. Some ND militants, trained in business and economics, as well as accounting, will be sent to work for the various local oil companies in the S.E. zone. The sleepers will have to take key positions (primary among them is accountant), as well as be as close to the decision making body of the oil companies as possible. Their job is to gather information primarily on the money management areas of the companies. Once sufficient intel is gathered and relayed back to the militant fractions, orders will be given to covertly transfer funds (in increments) from the various local companies to discrete foreign accounts to accumulate savings. This is why those specially trained in accounting will be in demand for this strategy. They will have the knowledge necessary in order to cover their tracks. This must all be done as covertly as possible, so it could take years, but it could also be a very good avenue for providing funds to finance the take over.

Once enough funds have been accumulated, the sleepers will quit their jobs in the various oil companies and return back to their militant fractions in order to begin military training on the various weapons, gear, and vehicles to be used, so as to be useful in the takeover.

I also think it would be wise to not recruit mercenaries from other African nations. Local, well-trained, Nigerian mercenaries, only interested in monetary payment will do just fine, in my opinion.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by Dangiwa(m): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2010
Hey bro, I appreciate your thread this no day dream it is possible, I av got perfect training location suitable and I know how to recruit for this kind of stuff If you're really serious av got other idea on how this is a reality, I cant tell this on open thread, because of some coward and spy kindly mail me on rajiunna@yahoo.co.uk for further planing.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by IG: 1:14am On Jan 05, 2010
So after bombing all the country's military bases, are you going to build new ones from scratch after taking over? These are assets that will become yours if you succeed.
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by xterra2(m): 1:15am On Jan 05, 2010
EmperorOlu:

From my calculations, our mechanized divisions are ill equipped. We will only need between 10,000 to 30,000 troops.

The element of surprise is crucial, knowing how weak Nigerian military defence detection systems are and knowing old school our radar detection equipments are ,5 gunship helicopters can carry out a midnight raids at the air force base and destroy military planes with rockets, while other helicopters can attack the kaduna mechanized and artillery division and disable tanks as well as anti-tank guns.

By dawn the military will be a sitting duck suffered severe bombings during the night. It is the same technique the USA used in the beginning of the gulf war. Using Air power to suppress ground power.
You really dont know what you are saying,Nigerian Military Defence system are weak howOur radar equipments are old skool
5 gunship helicopters can carry out a midnight raids at the air force base and destroy military planes with rockets, while other helicopters can attack the kaduna mechanized and artillery division and disable tanks as well as anti-tank guns.

Before i argue,please go get yourself some coffee please,after that Have a 4-6 hours sleep then come back.-For your own good
Our Military Defence systems are not weak,They are ONLY WEAK to F-22s Raptors(all countries defence systems are weak to this)
By TRACON(Total Radar coverage of Nigeria) i dont think so,Our radar equipments also are not old skool they are modern
To the issue of 5 gunship-Our Radar will spot them then they will be shot down.

BTW, careful with what you post else SSS,will arrest you and you may be tried for Involvement in Coup or treason
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by namski(m): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2010
@Poster, I can see that your situation has now graduated from simple craze to outright schizoprenia. Better go see doctor o!
Re: Taking Over Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 11:08am On Jan 05, 2010
ChinenyeN:

grin grin
There's more to planning an invasion than just an actual military offensive. I suggest a subtle takeover of economic resources (particularly oil), especially in the S.E. zone as a preliminary strategy, before the offensive assault. ND militants could possibly help with this. A meeting can be arranged with key militant leaders to establish a sleeper cell unit. Some ND militants, trained in business and economics, as well as accounting, will be sent to work for the various local oil companies in the S.E. zone. The sleepers will have to take key positions (primary among them is accountant), as well as be as close to the decision making body of the oil companies as possible. Their job is to gather information primarily on the money management areas of the companies. Once sufficient intel is gathered and relayed back to the militant fractions, orders will be given to covertly transfer funds (in increments) from the various local companies to discrete foreign accounts to accumulate savings. This is why those specially trained in accounting will be in demand for this strategy. They will have the knowledge necessary in order to cover their tracks. This this must all be done as covertly as possible, so it could take years, but it could also be a very good avenue for providing funds to finance the take over.

Once enough funds have been accumulated, the sleepers will quit their jobs in the various oil companies and return back to their militant fractions in order to begin military training on the various weapons, gear, and vehicles to be used, so as to be useful in the takeover.

I also think it would be wise to not recruit mercenaries from other African nations. Local, well-trained, Nigerian mercenaries, only interested in monetary payment will do just fine, in my opinion.

You sound like someone who has worked in the intelligence sector before,am i right or wrong?

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Files 16-Count Charge Against Bankole / Suicide Bombers Will Go To Hell - Gov Aliyu / PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.