Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Abimbola “bimms” Ipaye: Aso Oke By Bimms Tells Her Inspirational Story - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Abimbola “bimms” Ipaye: Aso Oke By Bimms Tells Her Inspirational Story (1182 Views)

Lady Mechanic, Mrs. Sandra Aguebor Gets Inspirational Award From Ambode (photos) / Funke Abimbola And Her 23 Pages Of CV Got People Talking / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abimbola “bimms” Ipaye: Aso Oke By Bimms Tells Her Inspirational Story by Beabeth(f): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
My name is Abimbola “Bimms” Ipaye. I am the Managing Director of “Traditions by Bimms”. I started 3/4 years ago but I’ve been on my own since I was 14 years old. I have paid my own way through since then. I would fetch water, run errands just to make money because at that time, there was no other way to survive. I had a very difficult childhood but I allowed nothing break me, I just kept pushing.

When I was in the University, I still had to send money home to my siblings and mum. The business I did then was sewing and selling Ankara patched skirts to people. After I graduated, I got a contract job in a pension company but I got tired of the job.

One day, I saw my then boyfriend’s mum making beads and felt she could do it better, so I went to the market with N15, 000, bought materials and made 3 beads out of that. I wore one of the beads on myself and people started requesting I make the beads for them.

Soon, I started hanging around a family friend who makes Aso Oke just so I can watch her work and learn. Even though I was running errands a lot, I still picked up all the lessons I could at every opportunity I got

Then, I left to start my own business. This was a very difficult time for me. I cried so much and almost committed suicide because I was working so hard but there was no result. But just at that point, things began to gradually turn around. I believe 100% in what the Bible says that the gift of man makes way for him. Breaking boundaries with Aso-Oke is something I completely enjoy doing but I could have only gotten here with God’s help

I started from my room, and then moved to a BQ and then here we are. I was not in a hurry, I never borrowed money but I started small from where I was. Today, I look at the outcome and I cannot believe what I see. The reward of making brides and their families happy is more than money though; it is the prayers I get from my happy clients. Because I’ve been cursed so much, these prayers give me calm and joy in my soul.

http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/03/abimbola-bimms-ipaye-aso-oke-by-bimms.html#more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Using Inferior Electrical Materials Could Stop Your Clients From Calling You For / Update On Mobil Producing Nig Unlimited Vs Mobil Spy Police / 2021 Graduate Trainee Program At Dufil Prima Foods Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.