Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa (2701 Views)

Umar Dangiwa Open Letter To Buhari: Your Lopsided Appointment Will Ruin Nigeria / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court / Ozekhome Begs Buhari To Release Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Colonel Abubakar Dangiwa Umar, (rtd), former Military Governor of Kaduna State, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to order the release of ex-National Security Adviser (NSA) without further delay.

This is contained in a statement he signed and issued on Sunday, titled “Respect law courts’ decisions and release M.S. Dasuki on bail please”.

Umar said it was over one year since three law courts, including ECOWAS Court granted bail to Dasuki but that the Federal Government had refused to release him, citing the untenable excuse of the grievous nature of his offence.

He noted that: “Our extant constitution is quite clear on this issue. The Federal Government does not have the power to determine which offence is bailable or whether an accused person is deserving of bail.

“It should therefore obey courts’ decisions and release Col. Dasuki without any further delay. His unlawful detention, campaign of calumny and pretrial publicity make it impossible for him to receive a fair trial.

“The only explanation one can find for Col. Dasuki’s lengthy detention without trial is that he belongs to the wrong camp. He has also the misfortune of having served as National Security Adviser to the much vilified Nigerian President of Ijaw extraction.

“Colonel Dasuki’s fate is tied to that of his former principal President Goodluck Jonathan; an honourable and patriotic Nigerian who conceded defeat and congratulated the winner of the 2015 Presidential election Gen Muhammadu Buhari even before INEC declared the final results, when he could have held on tenaciously to power as is the norm in many Third World Countries.

“This rare act of statesmanship which pulled the country back from the precipice has been rewarded with utmost disrespect and derision by the APC Federal Government.

“President Jonathan is the most maligned Nigerian former Head of State. Col. Dasuki is paying dearly for his loyal service to this patriot. All well-meaning Nigerians must speak out against his unfair and unlawful treatment.

“We cannot afford to remain neutral in the face of this monumental injustice. When one Nigerian is unlawfully detained all of us must have the moral consciousness to feel psychologically incarcerated”.

Umar however commended the Federal Government for suspending the SGF Mr David Babachir Lawal and the DG NIA Mr Ayodele Oke while they are being investigated.

“It is also remarkable and commendable that the Government has decided not to detain the duo while they are being investigated.

“This is a welcome departure from the prevailing anti-democratic process by which accused persons, particularly from the opposition camp, are unlawfully detained pending the commencement of investigations, or refused bail granted by law courts.

“There is national unanimity in support of the war against corruption which is expected to be non-discriminatory and waged by a meticulous adherence to the rule of law.

“For the war to be meaningful and sustainable, it must be elevated beyond a President Buhari personal struggle to a national one.

“Most fair-minded Nigerians are no more impressed and are indeed sceptical with the conduct of this government’s anti-corruption war which appears to be aimed at the neutralization and destruction of the of the opposition”.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/23/buhari-must-release-dasuki-now-col-umar/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Absolute rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by LionDeLeo: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Trash.

Sue him, eediat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Trash.

Serious thrash bro

Dasuki is a terrorist and a criminal

He must pay for all is crime

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by swagagolic01(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
With those two zombies up there nigeria will always be a failed state

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by denko(m): 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
You can't upheld justice with injustice Buhari should obey the laws he swore to with his Koran
sarrki:

Serious thrash bro

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by madridguy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nonsense. Hypocrites as usual, and who is to fight for the boko haram victims.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by nonsobaba: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
Believe it or not, buhari wants to release Dasuki for no other reason than being a fellow fulani, but he is worried that he may have to release Kanu too when he is bombarded with ethnic and religious grenades as a result.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
denko:
You can't upheld justice with injustice Buhari should obey the laws he swore to with his Koran

Atimes it baffles me the so called literate

Use every opportunity to spite other religions aside there own.

Dasuki is a known terrorist

How do you explain over 2 million displaced persons in different IDP camps

Most of the children are orphans

I swear if today pmb released dasuki

I will drop my support for him instantly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
swagagolic01:

grin grin grin

E pain Am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by hucienda: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
swagagolic01:

hehehe ... leave them to continue wànking unend.

Colonel Dasuki is but a political prisoner.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by greatgod2012(f): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Haaaa bro!
You'll drop your support for Buhari if he releases Dasuki?
Se o le to'yen ni?
I've advised you to stop being embittered because of politics, honestly, it doesn't worth it!
Bitterness is not good for your health, bro!

Tell your Buhari to obey court orders!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
hucienda:

He's a criminal

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
greatgod2012:

Haaaa bro!
You'll drop your support for Buhari if he releases Dasuki?
Se o le to'yen ni?
I've advised you to stop being embittered because of politics, honestly, it doesn't worth it!
Bitterness is not good for your health, bro!

Not advocating for Dasuki's release though!

Pdp woman

How far ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by greatgod2012(f): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Pdp woman

How far ?

You've started sounding annoying now! Can't we have healthy discussion without annoying party affiliation?

I'm really angry with you now!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by ephi123(f): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

How do you also explain the Nigerian Airforce bombing innocent people at the IDP camps?

Till today, nothing has been heard of the outcome neither was anyone prosecuted. But I know you will conveniently turn a blind eye to that. Continue. Just continue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by psucc(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dasuki only paying for his role in 1985.
Any way, we are back to the dark ages.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by ZombieTAMER: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Serious thrash bro

I hope you own a dictionary
Please look up the meaning of terrorist and a criminal

Always eager to chant Sai baba

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by Splinz(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Are you still in the business of smoking jombo weed? undecided See what it is doing to you...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by ZombieTAMER: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
madridguy:
Nonsense. Hypocrites as usual, and who is to fight for the boko haram victims.
The Nigerian Air Force recently bombed an Idp camp... Who has been held responsible.. Who is fighting for the victims Buhari killed

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by LionDeLeo: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
The ever wailing ingrates are already making case for one of their numerous "heros".

As usual, their characteristic reason is just that he was involved in the worst looting ever known to mankind under their god, the IB.

They defend Dasuki even more than his children enjoying somewhere most likely outside the country.

Bubu, the day you release any of these thieves is the day you start loosing it.

Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by peteregwu(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
If the law court of ecowas and others have ordered the release of Dasuki and others, buhari should obey the court order. The op was right on track.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by SalamRushdie: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Serious thrash bro

His only crime is theft just the same as DG NIA , if the DG NIA is still walking free whys is Dasuki being held illegally still ....Abeg where did Dasuki participate in any form of terrorism?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by greatgod2012(f): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
psucc:
Dasuki only paying for his role in 1985.

Any way, we are back to the dark ages.

You dey mind the zonebs
Those who don't know history can't understand your post!
And to think someone is calling that Buhari the vendetta and dictator his mentor is alarming!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by swagagolic01(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

grin grin grin

E pain Am

I swear, ya level of zombie pains me

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by swagagolic01(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
hucienda:

Bros I tire for this country, he was accused of stealing public funds, shey stealing is no longer a bail able offence? But the SFG was only suspended for same crime, yet zombies will be here claiming PMB is on track...... this 1 just weak me

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
swagagolic01:

Bros I tire for this country, he was accused of stealing public funds, shey stealing is no longer a bail able offence? But the SFG was only suspended for same crime, yet zombies will be here claiming PMB is on track...... this 1 just weak me

Long and short is

Dasuki is a terrorist that will languish in jail
Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by emmasege: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Long and short is

If Dasuki is a terrorist, what will you call Buhari? Osama Bin Laden?

Be objective for once. Buhari is not holding Dasuki in custody against the law of the land because of any embezzlement but because of personal vendetta against him. What is not clear to him is that a king that will "know Joseph" will soon be enthroned in Aso Rock (You can write that down, quoting the time), and this man will still be released and mock him by paying condolences to his (Buhari's) family. Remember Abacha kept OBJ in custody but OBJ outlived him and is still bouncing all over Nigeria. Funny enough, Abacha was a saint and benefactor to Buhari and they both share many things in common. Who knows, he may also exit the Aso Rock the same way his friend did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by sarrki(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmasege:
If Dasuki is a terrorist, what will you call Buhari? Osama Bin Laden?

Be objective for once. Buhari is not holding Dasuki in custody against the law of the land because of any embezzlement but because of personal vendetta against him. What is not clear to him is that a king that will "know Joseph" will soon be enthroned in Aso Rock (You can write that down, quoting the time), and this man will still be released and mock him by paying condolences to his (Buhari's) family. Remember Abacha kept OBJ in custody but OBJ outlived him and is still bouncing all over Nigeria. Funny enough, Abacha was a saint and benefactor to Buhari and they both share many things in common. Who knows, he may also exit the Aso Rock the same way his friend did.

All this long epistle on dasuki?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by nickxtra(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Is this man not the same man that people are pushing for as EFCC chairman?
Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by emmasege: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

All this long epistle on dasuki?

Yeah, lest someone like you mislead others into thinking that Buhari is fighting corruption by holding him in custody against court orders.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Release Dasuki Now – Col. Umar Dangiwa by swagagolic01(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
sarrki:

Long and short is

Brother get sense na, ah beg, air force dropped a bomb in idp camp, did ya president prosecute any1??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leader Of Benue State Vigilante Aliyu Tashaku Is A Boko Haram Members- Salkida / Trump Says Saudi King Won’t Last Two Weeks Without US Military Support / JUST IN! Why DSS Arrest Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.