Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,713 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Olowo Ori Mi - Poem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Olowo Ori Mi - Poem (1902 Views)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / Shartered Love By Ola Olowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olowo Ori Mi - Poem by lalaponcus(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Oko mi (my husband.

Who crazily left His beautiful and glorious form to take on the body of a mere mortal.
A body which meant that He became susceptible to temptations, pain and even death.

Who endured the engagement ceremonial ritual, because of His love for me.
A ritual where his back was crisscrossed with thirty nine lashes from the whips which easily tore off skin.

Who was forced by my father and uncles, to carry a heavy cross just to come and wed me.
For my father's name was death, and his hideous brothers were failure and lust.
The trio, whom I later disowned when I married my Olowo ori.

Who paid my bride price called sin.
With his precious blood, He paid every cent and dime to the end

Eni ti okan mi yan (one who my heart chose)

Always holding me close while I wept in pain
Always extending me a new sheet at the times I soiled the last one with my flirtation with sin
Always brewing the tea of peace and gently urging me to drink in other to calm my troubled mind.
Always reminding me that I am the apple of His eyes and a lily in a valley.
Always leading through the dark paths with His hands as my staff and His love as light.

Olowo ori mi.
Osuba re re oo.
Dim oma.
Daalu shiine n'ihe gi mere m.
Darling Jesus.
Thank you very much.

#BASHORUN wishes you a fruitful week ahead.

Okontas.com

1 Like

Re: Olowo Ori Mi - Poem by eyeservice: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2017
Well-done. Very good piece.
We all just need to see Christ's love for us like this just as is described in the Bible.
Re: Olowo Ori Mi - Poem by Swissheart(f): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
I like this

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of The SCP Foundation. / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 7 / The Lesbian Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.