Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) (34475 Views)

Wire Fraud: Emmanuel Mong Arrested At Airport While Trying To Flee US / Obinwanne Okeke: FBI Tracked, Arrested $12m Wire Fraud Suspect Via Nairaland / Two Nigerian “big Boys” Jailed Over Wire Fraud In The U.S. - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by leofab(f): 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Na our brother

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Nigeriadondie: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
IPOBARECRIMINALS

2 Likes

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by RaeMystix: 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
A fi Wiseman grin

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by fakoo1: 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
micflo28:
Hi guys got this message for an interview. Please how real is it. U are invited for a written test and interview at Synergy HR Solutions Ltd on 25/04/2017 by 11am.At suite 209, 2nd floor MKK Plaza opp Abia Line Jabi District-Abuja .come with ur updated cv.call 09097865101 for details

Are you sure this not something else
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Richydos(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
micflo28:
Hi guys got this message for an interview. Please how real is it. U are invited for a written test and interview at Synergy HR Solutions Ltd on 25/04/2017 by 11am.At suite 209, 2nd floor MKK Plaza opp Abia Line Jabi District-Abuja .come with ur updated cv.call 09097865101 for details
Don't just read dt message twice or even try 2 seek for advise *DELETE* am sharp sharp
NOTE: U MUSTN'T CALL DT NUMBER EXCEPT U WANNA GET FOOLED D MORE
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by chiagozien(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
lathrowinger:
Indigbo always disgrace Nigerians all over... key problem?
yet you can live without them kiss
lathrowinger:
Indigbo always disgrace Nigerians all over... key problem?
yet you can live without them
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Hollasmall: 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:
This should be a lesson to all those asshats that wants to go to the USA to hammer.

Get a legit visa, arrive legit, get a legit job/school, pay your dues legit like most of us did. It's a process, it'll take years.

Now he's brought shame to his family name.

Oga mi sir wetin you dey do here na property department we want you to handle sir.
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by trippleKAY(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
martyns303:
That boy is just a pick up agent, nothing more. Certain amount is paid into his account by the real yahoo boys, he then withdraws the money and pay it to the owners while keeping at most 10% for himself........
aka Mr picker grin

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by koolaid87: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mofos!

Running scam in the land of opportunities.

Shame on you and your fellow scammers in the United state

Once you're out of Nigeria, you have no excuse

Peace to all my husstlers for 9ja, doing whatever it takes, trying to break free

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by donqx: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
o dan ran
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hollasmall:

Oga mi sir wetin you dey do here na property department we want you to handle sir.

Na small perambulation carry me come cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Atakata(f): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
twilliamx:
If i say F you say FLAT F. ..........
Nigerian man who allegedly duped a number of banks out of more than $100,000 faced a federal judge last Friday, April 21, after being arrested on April 10 by agents from the Department of Homeland Security and charged on four federal criminal charges.
Opeyemi Abdulahi Orekan, resident of Rhode Island was involved in an organized fraud ring that used fake passports from Nigeria and Ghana and fraudulent identities to defraud a number of banks out of tens of thousands of dollars. The federal government is charging him with bank fraud, passport fraud, identity theft and access device fraud.

Investigators say Orekan used nine different identities, including a number of passports from Nigeria, South Africa and Ghana, to open bank accounts at a number of bank branches including Bank of America, Webster Bank and Santander to deposit counterfeit checks and then withdraw bank funds. Counterfeit checks from NRG Residential Solar Solutions, the Viking Corporation and Bosch were deposited into accounts, according to the affidavit.

Orekan would then allegedly send the funds to an individual in Nigeria. The transactions occurred at a number of bank branches in Johnston, Lincoln, Pawtucket, Providence and Warwick. Bank America reported nearly $37,000 in losses from at least one of the accounts and another $26,000 from another one of Orekan’s accounts. Santander reported a near $20,000 loss in connection with Orekan.

He also allegedly used fake identities to open accounts at TD Bank, Wells Fargo and Chase Bank.
"Orekan has been engaged in lengthy pattern of fraud that has been perpetuated across at least 10 different financial institutions," says Keith Holleran, a special agent with the Dept. of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), in an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Providence.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Lee Vilker told the court that investigators have gathered a number of records and evidence including passports that were found in a ceiling crawl space which, he said, has made their case stronger. A bag filled with passports was also found in an old, rolled-up carpet found by the property manager of one of the apartments where Orekan resided. That's when the property manager contacted the FBI.
Forensic tests of the passports determined that two Republic of Nigeria passports were altered and two Republic of Ghana passports were counterfeit. Four additional US admission stamps, machine readable visas adn two Ghana drivers licenses were also tested and determined to be counterfeit.
"He has a contact in Africa that is sending him these passports," Vilker told Magistrate Judge Patricia Sullivan during a hearing on Friday, as two of Orekan’s supporters sat behind him. “ICE tells me he can absolutely flee the country.”
Attorney John F. Cicilline, who is representing Orekan (who is currently being detained), asked Magistrate Judge Patricia Sullivan to release Orekan as has ties to a number of family members in Rhode Island and is not a flight risk. He asked the judge to possibly release Orekan with conditions such as electronic monitoring.

The judge denied Cicilline’s request saying electronic monitoring isn’t a full proof tool adding that the evidence against Orekan is strong and that the investigation shows it’s become even stronger.
“The defendant has significant ties to a different country…the affidavit mentions a substantial amount of passports that have passed muster at a number of banks…wiring of tens of thousands to the defendant’s mother in Nigeria,” Sullivan said.
“Finally, and very significant, the defendant had contact with law enforcement in November 2016, was released and continued the behavior and then charged in January 2017, released and again continued the behavior,” Sullivan added.
"Now facing federal charges knitting together what is now unlike instances in November and January, a very substantial charge exposing him to a period of incarceration and risk of deportation."
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by akigbemaru: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Good riddance to bad rubbish, in addition to the 20 years jail, he should be flogged daily in jail with hard labor, useless criminal that continuously drag the name of Nigeria in the mud and makes the whole world look at Nigerians as scammers, 20years is even small, the judge should have sentenced him to 80 years in jail, good news from the USA and Nigerian government should learn from this kind of judgement, this is the kind of judgement l want to see meted out to all those who contributed to crumbling the star of Nigeria, they are both in the APC & PDP, the list should include all those that raped the wealth of Nigeria from 1979 till date, where is my cane to flog these idiot before he commences his jail terms, God bless the USA, no time for kakankimi or paddy/ paddy judgement wink

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by DrMuzungu(m): 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Calling all Honorable members of NCAN!!!
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by thedragon: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2017
OsuIbo:
From Africa, Asia to Europe; the criminal proclivity of the biafrans have been made manifest. Now their criminal radar is on America. I suggest President Donald J Trump deport all these biafra criminals back to the jungles of onitsha.

Nigerian is Nigerian. You all look generally the same to us Westerners. And you're all a little criminal to us. Stop with the stupid tribalism. There a Negros with rounder and flatter heads. You're still Negros. We don't see you different because you aren't. There are Igbo Negros from the Carribean and rounder Negros from the Carribean. They're still only Negros. Whites won't hire them before a white.
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by DJMicky(m): 1:37am On Apr 24, 2017
Eeh gobe Don land, cassala don burst.
Nigerian Picker got busted...

Hope you understand sha.
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Daboomb: 2:36am On Apr 24, 2017
OsuIbo:
From Africa, Asia to Europe; the criminal proclivity of the biafrans have been made manifest. Now their criminal radar is on America. I suggest President Donald J Trump deport all these biafra criminals back to the jungles of onitsha.

Dont you know that Lagos is very expensive to buy?

Where do you want them to have money to buy all of Lagos?

But we should encourage them......... afterall, the owner of the land, owns whatever is on the land! shocked

That day will come...since they never learn.
undecided undecided grin grin
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Daboomb: 2:38am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

Nigerian is Nigerian. You all look generally the same to us Westerners. And you're all a little criminal to us. Stop with the stupid tribalism. There a Negros with rounder and flatter heads. You're still Negros. We don't see you different because you aren't. There are Igbo Negros from the Carribean and rounder Negros from the Carribean. They're still only Negros. Whites won't hire them before a white.

See this "Igbo" calling himself a Westerner"!

Abeg, gerroutahea before trump lays his finger on you!

Anuofia!

3 Likes

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by thedragon: 2:52am On Apr 24, 2017
Daboomb:

See this "Igbo" calling himself a Westerner"!

Abeg, gerroutahea before trump lays his finger on you!

Anuofia!

I'm not African. I'm Carribean descent. As for Trump? He's all talk. My life is the same as it was yesterday. Trump has however reduced and blocked Nigerian immigration. At an African event on the USA--Yoruba, Igbo and the other a thousand names you all have for identical looking negroes--were disallowed entry into the USA, despite visas:
https://www.google.ca/amp/punchng.com/trumps-travel-policy-nigerians-with-valid-visas-denied-entry-into-usa/amp/

Why? Because Trump sees you all as degenerate blacks, not tribes, just inferior blacks. Make yourselves a Russian and you won't even need a visa according to Trump. This example illustrates how stupid and counterproductive your Nigerian tribalism. The world doesn't even see the difference or care. Whites enslaved Wesr/Central Africans and studied you for 200 years, they know you are just 1 of millions of foolish Negros who can't build a wall let alone a missle.
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Daboomb: 3:21am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

I'm not African. I'm Carribean descent. [/b]As for Trump? He's all talk. My life is the same as it was yesterday. Trump has however reduced and blocked Nigerian immigration. At an African event on the USA--Yoruba, Igbo and the other a thousand names you all have for identical looking negroes--were disallowed entry into the USA, despite visas:
https://www.google.ca/amp/punchng.com/trumps-travel-policy-nigerians-with-valid-visas-denied-entry-into-usa/amp/

Why? Because Trump sees you all as degenerate blacks, not tribes, just inferior blacks. Make yourselves a Russian and you won't even need a visa according to Trump. This example illustrates how stupid and counterproductive your Nigerian tribalism. The world doesn't even see the difference or care. [b]Whites enslaved Wesr/Central Africans and studied you for 200 years
, they know you are just 1 of millions of foolish Negros who can't build a wall let alone a missle.

Abeg, spear us this bullshyte!
Maybe you are just another "confused" Jew!

How many "Caribbeans" do you see talking about Biafra, IPOD, Tribalism, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibos in one statement on nairaland? grin grin
I am sure you will soon tell me "Caribbeans" is your country of origin!
shocked grin grin

Be bold and dont be ashamed of where you originated from.
That is the first step to making it better.
Imagine this cow, so Whites did not enslave the Caribbeans and their Sugar plantations?

No be only Caribbean, na Garri and Beans!
grin

2 Likes

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by thedragon: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Daboomb:

Abeg, spear us this bullshyte!
Maybe you are just another "confused" Jew!

How many "Caribbeans" do you see talking about Biafra, IPOD, Tribalism, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibos in one statement on nairaland? grin grin
I am sure you will soon tell me "Caribbeans" is your country of origin!
shocked grin grin

Be bold and dont be ashamed of where you originated from.
That is the first step to making it better.
Imagine this cow, so Whites did not enslave the Caribbeans and their Sugar plantations?

No be only Caribbean, na Garri and Beans!
grin

I am from Grenada and Trinidad paternally. I know of your stupid tribal squabbles because, after deciding I want to vacation in West Africa, I lurked this forum for a long time. It is easy to understand your conflicts after only a shorty study time. You're not unique.

Whites did enslave us in plantations, sure, but we have been free of it hundreds of years now, the whites gone or dead by our own hands as Dessaline defeated Bonaparte Napoleon's army in Haiti. Tell me, Nigerian, how did you earn your freedom from colonialism?

Begging, that's how. We took ours and, despite our small we population, black Americans and Carribean have overshadowed Nigerians ever since. You have billionaires but children beg on your streets lepers. You call me slave, yet I have done more, accomplished more and stand higher than you, Nigerian.
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Daboomb: 3:54am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

I am from Grenada and Trinidad paternally. I know of your stupid tribal squabbles because, after deciding I want to vacation in West Africa, I lurked this forum for a long time. It is easy to understand your conflicts after only a shorty study time. You're not unique.

Whites did enslave us in plantations, sure, but we have been free of it hundreds of years now, the whites gone or dead by our own hands as Dessaline defeated Bonaparte Napoleon's army in Haiti. Tell me, Nigerian, how did you earn your freedom from colonialism?

Begging, that's how. We took ours and, despite our small we population, black Americans and Carribean have overshadowed Nigerians ever since. You have billionaires but children beg on your streets lepers. You call me slave, yet I have done more, accomplished more and stand higher than you, Nigerian.

And maternally, you claimed to be American and then later, Canadian! shocked shocked

You see why l said you are "internally confused and so mess-up"?
Your problem is deep and stems from a deep-seated identity Crisis!
grin grin

So, it was in West Africa you chose to "Holiday", not even in your native, pristine "Caribbeans"?

Why dont you go and help them in Haiti and cure their Cholera and poverty first..... instead of focusing on Nigeria with some rabid madness?

If Nigeria is giving you nightmares, go see a shrink-head. undecided

LYING LiePOD!

2 Likes

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by thedragon: 4:05am On Apr 24, 2017
Daboomb:

And maternally, you claimed to be American and then later, Canadian! shocked shocked

You see why l said you are "internally confused and so mess-up"?
Your problem is deep and stems from a deep-seated identity Crisis!
grin grin

So, it was in West Africa you chose to "Holiday", not even in your native, pristine "Caribbeans"?

Why dont you go and help them in Haiti and cure their Cholera and poverty first..... instead of focusing on Nigeria with some rabid madness?

If Nigeria is giving you nightmares, go see a shrink-head. undecided

LYING LiePOD!

My parents' ancestry is Carribean but I was born in the USA until we moved to Canada. Easy to understand.

Also I only wanted to visit West Africa for experience. I have already seen the Carribean
Your choice of Haiti, the Carribean least developed country, means nothing. You can right over to the Dr, which is also Carribean and find they live better than Nigerians. Or Trinidad, or Grenada or Jamaica even. You speak of poverty but Nigerians live on 1$ a day. That's poverty
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by summerflame(m): 5:09am On Apr 24, 2017
Igbo are trying to develop America like they developed Malaysia.. Stupid lost tribe of jews..

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by Daboomb: 5:14am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

My parents' ancestry is Carribean but I was born in the USA until we moved to Canada. Easy to understand.

Also I only wanted to visit West Africa for experience. I have already seen the Carribean
Your choice of Haiti, the Carribean least developed country, means nothing. You can right over to the Dr, which is also Carribean and find they live better than Nigerians. Or Trinidad, or Grenada or Jamaica even. You speak of poverty but Nigerians live on 1$ a day. That's poverty

Look, just feck-off, l am not in your league!

If your "Caribbean" was good as you claimed, your parents wont run-off to have a baby in America, or would at least have brought you back and you wont be hopping from one country to another!

Speaking of $1/day, your brain cannot phantom the idea that "how much you live on", depends on the price/cost of goods and services in that particular place!

If a 3bed house is rented for an average of #300,000/annum or 12months (#25,000/Month) in Nigeria...this is an equivalent of about $600 per year or $50 per Month), the same type of accommodation will rent for an average of $2,000 per month (#1,000,000 per month) or 12Million Naira per annum in America.
Now do the maths!
Money that would pay for same type of accommodation ...for 4years in Nigeria, being spent on accommodation for just ONE MONTH in Dollar Country...and you want to compare people in both countries, using same indices! grin grin

So you see, surviving on $1 a day does not make you Poor!
It just makes "cost of living" cheaper...and you could actually be living better and buy more things on that $1, than someone who lives $300 a day!

Self-hating, Confused Dunce!
undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:11am On Apr 24, 2017
OsuIbo:

LOL, Deport them?
Perhaps Trump may spare them when he considers how some of them sacrificed themselves, as willing victims of target practice by our military, while foolishly celebrating his election victory in the myopic hope he would give them Biafra.

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by walosky(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2017
The guy try sha, at least hin get brain and thats where innovation comes in.......no be doz tiger-faced afonjas that kill their own to make money
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by LastProphet: 6:45am On Apr 24, 2017
the usual suspects, useless flatos with inflated egos and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by oluwaahmed: 7:08am On Apr 24, 2017
Wiseman u foolish gaun, after makin close 2 500k, why dint u jsst jejely leave d US, it's d US, dey will eventually catch um u 4 port go Mexico, greed indeed
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by obiezed: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2017
thedragon:

So you see what we get to live with,
P.s 36M igbos or 40M yorubas can't be classified as ''tribes'',they are ethnic nationalities. Please stop using tribes to describe them,this is a colonial leftover meant to always keep the blacks mentally timid and thinking of themselves as small ineffectual peoples.tribes best describe people who number in hundreds or at most a few thousands,
Re: US Court Convicts 25-year Old Nigerian For Wire Fraud (photo) by pyro62(m): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2017
normal life.. loot but don't get caught

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria / Two Nigerian Anti- Narcotics Officials ‘abscond’ With Seized Drugs (pictured) / DSS Arrests Impersonator Of Speaker Gbajabiamila (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.