Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi (1085 Views)

2023 Presidency Belongs To South West, Says APC Stalwart , Lawan / Brother To Kwara PDP Stalwart Arrested for Impersonation And With Result Sheets / Ugwuanyi A Legacy Governor, Says Peter Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi by nghubs1(m): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), Barrister Peter Okonkwo (Ohamadike) has applauded Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for his development strides in the State, in spite of the daunting economic challenges in the country.

Barr. Okonkwo who spoke at a civic reception organized in honour of Governor Ugwuanyi in recognition of his outstanding performance in office, noted that the governor’s uncommon leadership style, peace initiatives and transformational agenda especially in the rural areas, have made it imperative for him to appreciate and declare support for the governor irrespective of their political differences.

The APC chieftain who is the elder brother of Nollywood actor, Barr. Kenneth Okonkwo said that he was also moved to declare support for Gov. Ugwuanyi based on his conviction that the governor has turned around the neglect that Nsukka had suffered in the past, saying that even though the governor came at a time the nation’s economy was in recession, he has made the people of the state, especially Nsukka town proud.

“I am here for two reasons: To celebrate an illustrious son, the governor. I am a proud APC member, but I believe in good governance, equity and fairness. Nsukka had suffered neglect in the past. I am here to demonstrate the oneness of Nsukka. APC, APGA, PDP, all of us own Gov. Ugwuanyi. When you leave Ugwuogo Nike to Opi, you will see the laudable efforts of one man, who has the interest of the people at heart.

“Unfortunately, Your Excellency, you came during famine, but God who gave you the mantle will provide you with the means to excel “, Okonkwo said.

Gov. Ugwuanyi in his address, thanked God for what his administration has been able to accomplish so far and promised to continue to do his best, to promote good governance and ensure the well being and happiness of the people.

The governor noted that the Gburugburu Movement for Good Governance, which was inaugurated at the event “is a non-partisan, all inclusive and collective effort aimed at enthroning good governance in Enugu State”.

“All we want is to see the fulfillment of our collective goals and aspirations as a people and as a state and we are convinced that this can only be achieved through good governance and qualitative service delivery.”

http://nghubs.com/%e2%80%8bapc-stalwart-peter-okonkwo-drums-support-for-gov-ugwuanyi/

Re: ​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi by nghubs1(m): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: ​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi by josephine123: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
politricks
Re: ​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi by 9jabull: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
That's why if people say APC will take over south east i will just laugh because they are deceived people who only believe what they hear and not reality on ground.
Re: ​APC Stalwart, Peter Okonkwo, Drums Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi by coolzeal(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
Based on logistics, I can authoritatively confirm that Enugu state practice matured democracy and peaceful political atmosphere.

(1) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: NIA DG Oke Diverted GEJ Campaign Funds, Offered Fani Kayode $1m / Throwback: Gen.Gowon Shaking Little Justin Trudeau(Now Canada P.M) / Obasanjo Predicts When He Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.