Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Lamido Call For National Unity! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Call For National Unity! (607 Views)

Vote Me, I'll Promote National Unity; Buhari Promises Nigerians / Buhari Launches Armed Forces Emblem With Appeal For National Unity / How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Call For National Unity! by Mohdadutse(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2017
"Use your pen fairly at all times. Those of us who are from the South should inform their readers correctly about the realities of northern Nigeria, while those of us from the North should also inform readers accurately about the realities of the South. That way, all Nigerians will be well informed and unnecessary acrimony due to language and small cultural differences will be averted," Sule Lamido

Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by sarrki(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2017
Return our stolen money first

Before yearning thrash

1 Like

Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by Igboesika: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2017
You and who are uniting ?. No peace in this contraption until it's thorn into pieces.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by Igboesika: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by kunlexy1759(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
He don talk him own.
Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by emmysam2: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ok.
I am from the South, and having lived in the notth, ( Kano and Kaduna);if I should take your advice and inform people the truth about the North, it won't be savoury.
Firstly, To a typical Northerner, Religion is king. You are not of their religion, you are not one of theirs. A Muslim Chadian, Nigerien or even a Lebanese is more a Nigerian to a Muslim Northerner so long as he is a Muslim
Secondly, A typical average Northerner sees the Southerner as his enemy and will likely be violent to the southerner at the slightest provocation.
Even a northerner you think is your friend will harm you in time of their senseless rampant riots. I know how many times I escaped those riots.
Thirdly, And most frustratingly painful is that, When it is Politics the entire Northern politics are a Monolithic north ( No Christian, No Muslim in their quest to battle the south in political arena. But when the Politics is over, and the Muslim North starts killing the Christian North, the Christian North turn to the South for help and justice. And come the next election, they become political allies against the south, till when the killings starts again.
These are factual truths about the north that we are not allowed to say.
But the truth remains the truth..
Re: Lamido Call For National Unity! by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
We are not one. We cannot be One.

Fulanis are more conscious Of this fact than we non HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims...

(1) (Reply)

Nnamani Committee Submits Constitution Amendment Report / Andy Uba Is Silent / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Newspaper Headlines [10 May, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.