Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season (8578 Views)

2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams / AFCON 2019: The Biggest Talking Points From The Tournament / Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by okewumi: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
Have they resolved the problem of televising our league matches with DSTV?
I enjoy watching our matches live on Tv. They should give license to whoever is ready. Thanks
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Gotaya: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
cheapgoals:
Global Publicity
The Global publicity of the league is one that has pushed the league further and drawing interest from far and near. with match day actions trending on social media platforms, we have to keep at this to take it to an enviable height.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Gotaya:

This privatisation of Clubs is long over due as clubs need to be run as business and not as charity organizations or foundations or as political Portfolio which is what we are experiencing presently. this has greatly hindered and affected negatively the little Progress the league has witnessed. Once the clubs are owned by private individuals or community ownership, then the business face of the league would improve as no one would want to run a non profitable business and this will help in curbing the menace of club administrators who are do not have any business being in football but have lobbied and are in it for their self aggrandizement.

That is what killed Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Benin.

God I miss that team. In the days of BCC Lions of Gboko grin
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by fairheven: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
cheapgoals:
Followership

Gone are the days when the league went on without good coverage and stadium virtually empty due to safety reasons and a home winning syndrome which made matches predictable and un-entertaining to watch.

In recent years match venues like the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu, Lekan Salami Stadium Ibadan, Agege Stadium in Lagos, Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium in Anambra, Ilorin Stadium amongst others have seen their stands filled to capacities as fans have started returning to the various stadia to support their local teams.

Also, the promoted teams are not left out with Remo stars and ABS of Ilorin commanding a respectable number of supporters on match days. This can only get better with improved security, good officiating and publicity.

How come we only get to see southern clubs matches been covered on TV but the moments it involves northern clubs we begin to hear stories of stolen cameras and violent attacks on security officials?
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Gotaya: 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
cheapgoals:
Teams Making better Arrangements and also supporting made in Nigeria products.

The league fans now turnout for each match day experience wearing Their team's jerseys and thus making each match Venue colourful and carnival-like. The Sportswear companies like Owu Sportswear and Cone Sportswear have contributed immensely to this new sights in our league. The clubs are also trying to rack in little funds From gate takings on each match days as the fans return To the stadiums In their numbers with their families and Friends. we can only ask the Clubs to never Joke with the security of fans on match days so that the fans can watch and enjoy the league in comfort and safety.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Gotaya: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
fairheven:

How come we only get to see southern clubs matches been covered on TV but the moments it involves northern clubs we begin to hear stories of stolen cameras and violent attacks on security officials?
A question that needs to be thrown at the sport admins over there on sternly sensitizing their fans and make them see football as non fanatics but as a means of peaceful coexistence and fun loving. That football is for peace and not Violence!
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2017

Cheapgoals never disappoint when it comes to NPFL ..I'm very happy reading this.

Waiting for the second part

1 Like

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Gotaya:

This is one of the Best things to happen to the new League formed which is under the LMC, making the shareholders (League Clubs) the greatest benefactors of this Model, as it ensures that the clubs and the league organizers have a wider steam of revenue. We can only hope for more sponsors as there are still vacant categories for sponsors to embrace...

Surely that will come in with time
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
Gotaya:

This privatisation of Clubs is long over due as clubs need to be run as business and not as charity organizations or foundations or as political Portfolio which is what we are experiencing presently. this has greatly hindered and affected negatively the little Progress the league has witnessed. Once the clubs are owned by private individuals or community ownership, then the business face of the league would improve as no one would want to run a non profitable business and this will help in curbing the menace of club administrators who are do not have any business being in football but have lobbied and are in it for their self aggrandizement.

The Administration.. It should be an elected kind of thin..not appointment..

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Adonis3:

The consistent growth of the NPFL is one that gives me great joy. I'm happy that we're beginning to value local football. Hopefully, we'll soon be able to sign players from Europe.

Up MFMFC!!!

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Mate..we no geh slogan ?

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by jtwest(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Beating the away coach blue black another good cheesy
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

That is what killed Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Benin.

God I miss that team. In the days of BCC Lions of Gboko grin

shocked
Benin ke .. Na Ibadan
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Gotaya: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
comos:
CONE produces better Jersey than OWU
Both produce better jerseys that suit our climate over here in Nigeria. If you are in tune with the modern of Jersey products, then maybe U would know better. Have you gotten any to see what they have to offer or U are speaking based on designs?
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Gotaya: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
exco90:
i love eyimba of aba.. but I know nothing about them.. I think its high time I learn things about them
Then Wikipedia would be a good place to start.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by comos: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ifeanyi Ubah is killing the league with dubious penalty been awarded to them by suspicious referee,

their game against Rangers, El-Kanemi and 3SC were won through controversial penalties
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by cheapgoals(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
abescom:
And cheapgoals is one of the best thing to happen to the league. Your reportage is amazing. Keep it up.

thanks ..and kudos to the team behind the vision.... DANYCRUSOE AND OTHERS
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Topmaike007(m): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Up Olukoya Boys'
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by FavoredGuy: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
After all said and done, I will still ask if away win is forbidden in this NPFL
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Mathematical:

shocked
Benin ke .. Na Ibadan

Chai!!!! No mind me jare.... I was so carried away.... the whole things don mix for my brain. lipsrsealed
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Mathematical(f): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Chai!!!! No mind me jare.... I was so carried away.... the whole things don mix for my brain. lipsrsealed
grin
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by kingsley3218(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:
Nigeria play match for night? grin

Surely God will soon come.

But I happy sha. cheesy
they do.....i watched MFM vs Rangers FC live match by 7pm at agege stadium....the lights are functional and remember CNN's goal of the week for that period came from that match

1 Like

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by ebby9z(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
You will see some Nigerians ignoring this thread because it's not about Man U or Chelsea.
Maybe that's even why I don't watch EPL, something in me tells me it's wrong to ignore football on my country for foreign leagues. #team3sc

1 Like

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Danycrusoe(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
cc: Bascovanveli, tbaba1234, Icon4s, thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, goldfish80, AIG07, Komekn etc

2 Likes

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Adonis3: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Mathematical:

Mate..we no geh slogan ?

LOL... I nor sabi ooo

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
Amazing work Danycrusoe, keep it up. Very enlightening.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by AIG07: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Danycrusoe:
cc: Bascovanveli, tbaba1234, Icon4s, thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, goldfish80, AIG07, Komekn etc
Great Job Dany and cheapgoals!

Privatization of our local clubs is the way moving forward and d way to true Professionalism...

1 Like

Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by AIG07: 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
I'm Just imagining states government taking off their hands from club football matters and the likes of Dangote, Akinlabi, Adenuga, I.Uba, Otedola etc taking over these clubs... The level of transformation we'll all see will shock even the WEST.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by goldfish80(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Danycrusoe:

No gains will be made without TV coverage, as simple as that.
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Danycrusoe(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Mathematical:

Mate..we no geh slogan ?

Adonis3:

LOL... I nor sabi ooo

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Mathematical:

Mate..we no geh slogan ?

mfmfc are known as "the olukoya boys", agege stadium is referred to as "The soccer temple"

cute enuf ryt??
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Danycrusoe(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
goldfish80:

No gains will be made without TV coverage, as simple as that.
it's part of what would be discussed in the next part of the article
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by trustnobody01(m): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
signz:
But there's a new challenge.

Supersports has stopped live broadcast of our matches.

Which top TV station will replace them and when?

Live broadcast of our matches made our referees to be respecting themselves.

Last season an official of Rangers told me how the state commissioner lobbied (begged) Supersports to come and broadcast live match between MFM Vs RANGERS as against showing another match because they had an info that Rivers United would send their officials to try and influence the officiating of the match. And it happened that on that day a top official of Rivers United was in the stadium (Lagos) that day.

Match ended 1-2 in favour of Rangers and it was shown live by Supersports.

The match ended in favour of Mfmfc and not rangers...
Re: NPFL: Talking Points From The First Half Of The Season by Danycrusoe(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
AIG07:
I'm Just imagining states government taking off their hands from club football matters and the likes of Dangote, Akinlabi, Adenuga, I.Uba, Otedola etc taking over these clubs... The level of transformation we'll all see will shock even the WEST.

you are ryt, I don't know why Dangote is he'll bent over arsenal but doesn't want kano pillar or any other team, or even create his own team, Akin alabi wants Shooting stars but those in charge of the club are not willing to let go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CHAN 2023 Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Ghana September 3, 2022 / Successful Soccer Betting Tips / The Failure To Sign Pogba Puts Zidane On The Verge Of Resignation (el Pais)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.