Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Catholicism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism (1473 Views)

Why I Want To Quit Catholicism / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good afternoon guys, I'm really confused on the issue of Catholics praying to holy Mary, and I really need a biblical explanation to this.
I don't want people to start quarreling cos of this.
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
They honor Mary, they don't worship her

They pray through Mary; they don't pray to her
Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
onyenze123:
They honor Mary, they don't worship her

They pray through Mary; they don't pray to her
Is it really in the bible to pray through Mary?!?
Re: Catholicism by An2elect2(f): 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
ellbreziy:
No it's not. Catholics adopted pagan religions. It's no wonder like idolaters they must pray to/through a woman/goddess and "dead people". They have no scriptural backing, not even one, no where whether in the old or new.

They are apostates and the Bible has given clear warning to stay away from such
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
An2elect2:
No it's not. Catholics adopted pagan religions. It's no wonder like idolaters they must pray to/through a woman/goddess and "dead people". They have no scriptural backing, not even one, no where whether in the old or new.

Well, all catholics are gonna rot in hell grin

***sips my harp bottle***
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
ellbreziy:

does it matter?
Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 12:27am On Apr 27, 2017
onyenze123:

does it matter?
Yeah!!! It matters alot
Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 12:31am On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:

hmmn... This world is really becoming something else
Re: Catholicism by Adecks01(m): 12:47am On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
Good afternoon guys, I'm really confused on the issue of Catholics praying to holy Mary, and I really need a biblical explanation to this.
I don't want people to start quarreling cos of this.
yes,
if you remember the first miracle that Christ did(turning water into wine at wedding of Canaan). The request was made through Mary not directly to Jesus (even when they saw Christ there).
Secondly,apostle Paul and st john the Baptist emphasise us to ask saints to intercede for us.
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 6:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Go and look for christian unity sir, convert pagans, how does this help In ur spiritual life?
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 7:01am On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:

You are a typical Nigerian hypocrite my dear, you should feel ashamed to call yourself a christian, if Jesus comes today will you make heaven? Smh for u and the errors you propagate, so because someone doesn't reason with ur little sense he becomes an Apostate? Shame on the church you attend, you are now a JUDGE, instead of looking for christian unity you go about ranting and causing division, I pray God should hold your type accountable in the last day, Shame on u again my dear. Have a rethink over your life...
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 7:02am On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
hmmn... This world is really becoming something else

She spreads her hypocrisy at the slightest opportunity
Re: Catholicism by An2elect2(f): 9:05am On Apr 27, 2017
Raphael81:

You are a typical Nigerian hypocrite my dear, you should feel ashamed to call yourself a christian, if Jesus comes today will you make heaven? Smh for u and the errors you propagate, so because someone doesn't reason with ur little sense he becomes an Apostate? Shame on the church you attend, you are now a JUDGE, instead of looking for christian unity you go about ranting and causing division, I pray God should hold your type accountable in the last day, Shame on u again my dear. Have a rethink over your life...

"Christian unity"
What has light to do with darkness?
What has Christ to do with idols?

You are lost.
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
Yeah!!! It matters alot

it doesn't
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
your questions and more were address here.
www.nairaland.com/3039912/why-catholics-pray-saints
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 1:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:

the famous apostates who compiled the bible.
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:

"Christian unity"

You are lost.

The idol guys gave u d bible, why not tear out d new testament in ur bible since u have nothing to do with catholics
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
onyenze123:

Well, all catholics are gonna rot in hell grin

***sips my harp bottle***
Yeah along with protestants and pentecostals and muslims and jews and all othe groups of people. nobody has a monopoly of hell.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism by An2elect2(f): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The idol guys gave u d bible, why not tear out d new testament in ur bible since u have nothing to do with catholics
You gave me the Bible? grin
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Yeah along with protestants and pentecostals and muslims and jews and all othe groups of people. nobody has a monopoly of hell.

kwakwakwakwa
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:

"Christian unity"

You are lost.

Your mother is lost my dear
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Raphael81:

Your mother is lost my dear
E neva reach like this. no repay e bad mouth wit badmouth. you have to be bigger than him.
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
An2elect2:
You gave me the Bible? grin
yes, the catholic church canonised the bible u are using.
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
E neva reach like this. no repay e bad mouth wit badmouth. you have to be bigger than him.

My brother no vex, just that people like this are the real cause of problems in Christianity, no christian with the Holy Spirit would behave like her, she is a wolf in the clothing of a sheep

Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
onyenze123:

it doesn't
Christianity defined is said to be a believer of Jesus Christ and his teaching...
I don't Jesus ever mentioned anything like "I and my mother,Mary are the way to God" bt he said he's the only way to the father and no other person or being.
Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adecks01:

yes,
if you remember the first miracle that Christ did(turning water into wine at wedding of Canaan). The request was made through Mary not directly to Jesus (even when they saw Christ there).
Secondly,apostle Paul and st john the Baptist emphasise us to ask saints to intercede for us.
you are just confusing things...
John 2v1-11
John: 2. 1. And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: 2. And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 3. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. 6. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 7. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. 9. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knewwink the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10. And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
Read and understand
Re: Catholicism by ellbreziy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
your questions and more were address here.
www.nairaland.com/3039912/why-catholics-pray-saints
Really!!! I wasn't talking bout saints and if I was the interpretation of the Bible on that page was wrong
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Raphael81:

My brother no vex, just that people like this are the real cause of problems in Christianity, no christian with the Holy Spirit would behave like her, she is a wolf in the clothing of a sheep
I understand but pls try not to lose ur temper even if u are absolutely sure d person is stupid.
Re: Catholicism by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
Christianity defined is said to be a believer of Jesus Christ and his teaching...
I don't Jesus ever mentioned anything like "I and my mother,Mary are the way to God" bt he said he's the only way to the father and no other person or being.

Did Jesus write the new testament? No

Did the so called 4 gospel account written by the actual people? No

Was the new testament written about 200 years after Christ died and 'rose' from the dead? yes.

Who wrote the bible? I don't know.

So how sure are you Jesus actually said that?
Re: Catholicism by Adecks01(m): 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
ellbreziy:
you are just confusing things...
John 2v1-11
John: 2. 1. And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: 2. And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 3. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. 6. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 7. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. 9. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knewwink the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10. And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
Read and understand
you need understanding
Re: Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 1:02am On Apr 28, 2017
ellbreziy:
Really!!! I wasn't talking bout saints and if I was the interpretation of the Bible on that page was wrong
this is what you asked
Good afternoon guys, I'm really confused on
the issue of Catholics praying to holy Mary,
and I really need a biblical explanation to this.
I don't want people to start quarreling cos of
this.

mary is a saint, so d topic is praying with the saint and d article is relevant.

if you claim d bible wasnt well interpreted, pls show where and how.
Re: Catholicism by Raphael81(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I understand but pls try not to lose ur temper even if u are absolutely sure d person is stupid.

Shalom bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Were Never Addressed As Christians / / LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.