Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Seek God First Before Asking Him For Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seek God First Before Asking Him For Blessings (363 Views)

Prophet Andrew Ejimadu's Members Lick His Shoes For Blessings (Photos) / God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / "Put God First In All You Do & You Shall Trample Upon Money Like This" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seek God First Before Asking Him For Blessings by ecstasy357(m): 2:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Our God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could think or imagine, according to the power that works in us. We know God is able but we are not seeing the His abundance In our lives, why? Isaiah 59:1-2 tell us that God hands are not shortened that he cannot hear us neither His is ear heavy that he cannot hear but our iniquities have come between us and our God; Our sins have separated us from Him. Many a time when we want to pray, we start by thanking God and then we ask for mercies; we do this because we could have sinned knowingly or unknowingly, by commission or omission.

Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! We that are dead to sin can no longer live in it. We cannot trick God; we have to make a conscious decision to follow Him today lest we are identified with the losing side. The LORD knows those that are his (2 Tim 2:19), those that want to serve Him for who He is, those that long for Him… Hence the reason for us to make that conscious decision.

It is easy to be on the LORD’s side. The Bible says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9). No sacrifice is needed, just a simple confession with your mouth and believe in heart that God has raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved (Rom. 10:9).

Lord Jesus, I believe that you died for me. Forgive my sins and cleanse me from all iniquities. Thank you for saving me, in Jesus name, Amen.

God’s free gift to us cost Him dearly.

1 Like

Re: Seek God First Before Asking Him For Blessings by okenwa(m): 4:04am On Apr 25, 2017
Nice one sir

(1) (Reply)

Uneducated John -vs- Educated Judas / Simple Signs Of Mature Christians / Urgent Sango Worshippers Adress Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.